Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 101480 times)
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »

Axls part is pretty much interchangeable in the two songs, and I dont know if its ok to talk about.  I know there were a lot of advance screenings in Columbus, Ohio and I know a few people who went to see the movie...said it was like a mix between blood diamond and training day.  To me Axl's parts have always been the most crucial and important in the songs.  I always listened to GNR for Axl primarily and I was disappointed with this song as well as Shacklers.  I dont get why you dont lead off with Better, the blues and then TWAT.  To me that would blow people away.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »

Axls part is pretty much interchangeable in the two songs, and I dont know if its ok to talk about.  I know there were a lot of advance screenings in Columbus, Ohio and I know a few people who went to see the movie...said it was like a mix between blood diamond and training day.  To me Axl's parts have always been the most crucial and important in the songs.  I always listened to GNR for Axl primarily and I was disappointed with this song as well as Shacklers.  I dont get why you dont lead off with Better, the blues and then TWAT.  To me that would blow people away.

I don't agree at all.  The vocal lines are not interchangeable between the two songs at all.  The chorus of "If The World" has an almost reggae quality to it.  And the melody lines aren't the same at all, especially if you look at the verses as well.

Ali
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

I really hope If The World is going to be released as a single, like OMG, Sympathy for the devil and YCBM... Smiley

I didn't know Oh My God was released as a single like YCBM and SFTD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2008, 12:40:18 PM »

I really hope If The World is going to be released as a single, like OMG, Sympathy for the devil and YCBM... Smiley

It wasn't.

Only a promotional single was sent to radio.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »

Re-Recorded In 2006.

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:13 PM »

Re-Recorded In 2006.

Cool

dont know when it was rerecorded do we? all we know is that they have another newer version of it, i think it was nytunz that met dizzy in oslo and asked about it, pretty fkn sweet
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »

Re-Recorded In 2006.

Cool

That's cool cos i've always loved that song and thanks jarmo for clearing up that other question about OMG ok
ben9785
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »

Re-Recorded In 2006.

Cool

dont know when it was rerecorded do we? all we know is that they have another newer version of it, i think it was nytunz that met dizzy in oslo and asked about it, pretty fkn sweet

Oh really? I never knew "Oh My God" was re-recorded.

I love that song so much, I really hope they'll release it. The version that was released before didn't really do any justice to the song.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »

You guys, do you believe HBK? I love the guy but sometimes the guy goes crazy hihi

GNRFAN20
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »

a rerecorded omg can be on chinese democracy I hope
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2008, 01:43:13 PM »

It's shame that the song wouldn't be released on the Soundtrack...

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »

I never know about a re-recorded version of Oh my God..... I hope it's true, because I believe that if this band re-work on the song, it could become a great track.... for example, listen the new version of Rhiad: it's way better than the oldest we heard

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »

I always listened to GNR for Axl primarily and I was disappointed with this song as well as Shacklers.  I dont get why you dont lead off with Better, the blues and then TWAT.  To me that would blow people away.

I see comments like this a lot.  I find it funny that some of the fans of the "new" band think these three songs are the greatest, and are so much better than the "june leaks."   Its the same reaction that casual fans of the "old" band have when they hear any of the "newer" stuff.  You do realize that "better", "irs" and "twat" arent better or worse that the new stuff, its just that they have been around long enough that they have become part of your life; youve lived with them for a while.  Just like Appatite and UYI are for older fans.    See any irony?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »

From what I have been told the entire GnR catalogue has been re-recorded...mostly for 'training' purposes.  Perhaps we could see an official re-release of everything - eventually.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »

I had no interest in seeing the movie Body Of Lies when i saw the preview. But I'm starting to think it would be worth going to the theater just to hear "If The World" playing over the credits.
I'm thinking it's going to sound really good in movie theater digital surround sound.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »

i think it'd be a decent movie none-the-less with G'n'R init or not but with them having a song in the movie i most likely will make an extra effort to see it ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Annie
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »

I had no interest in seeing the movie Body Of Lies when i saw the preview. But I'm starting to think it would be worth going to the theater just to hear "If The World" playing over the credits.
I'm thinking it's going to sound really good in movie theater digital surround sound.

That's why I'm going. Leo is nice to look at too
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »

I was planning on seeing it first, but now that I heard about "If the World"...I'll have to definitely check it out.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »

No  Wink
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

I've had interest seeing the film before GN'R was ever mentioned to have a song included.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: