Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If The World
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If The World  (Read 109140 times)
ben9785
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »

The Beginning of what every GnR fan has been waiting for !!!! everyone should give Axl a thank you.  This will go down in music history ! no other person has had to rebuild a band that was the biggest in the world from scratch.  Only Axl has the talent and personality to due this, Plus if any indication from seeing them live playing the new songs it's gonna blow VR out of the water.
I love the enthusiasm, but let's wait until all the chips fall into place first.
I understand your concern, but sorry nothing can ruin my mood today either.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:29 AM »

THIS IS AWSOME NEWS

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS SOON
god im so fucking thirsty lately[/b]

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 03:15:07 PM »

Go buy yourself a can for now.  Tongue

?Chinese Democracy? Rumors: Release Date, Best Buy Exclusive

9/26/08, 10:48 am EST

The latest rumors regarding the release of Guns N? Roses? Chinese Democracy have been swirling around message boards this week. The first rumor is that the long-awaited album will be released exclusively through Best Buy on November 25th. The source of the multi-tiered rumors is a supposed ?vendor convention? that Best Buy had on Wednesday in Dallas, Texas.

Reportedly, Guns manager Andy Gould told the 900 employees the news about Chinese Democracy before previewing three songs from the album. Cellphone recordings of the event were later distributed through GNR fan forums. Gould also reportdly alerted the crowd that ?If The World? would also be featured in the closing credits for the upcoming Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film Body of Lies, which was confirmed by message boarders on movie websites (like IMDB) who happened to catch a press screening of the film yesterday. The number of witness accounts, evidence and message boards involved makes it hard to believe this is all just a hoax, but this is Axl Rose we?re talking about, so we?ll believe it when the press release reaches our inbox. Still, we?re cautiously looking forward to Chinese Democracy and free Dr. Pepper on November 25th.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/26/chinese-democracy-rumors-release-date-best-buy-exclusive/

the source being fan forum posts. hihi

anyway it's great that it's to be heard during the closing credits without other sounds.
and after a thrilling film with violent scenes a mellow tune will be very soothing.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

RS just officially confirmed "Body of Lies" story

Exclusive: Guns N? Roses Premiering New Song ?If the World? in ?Body of Lies,? Release Date Reserved
9/26/08, 5:14 pm EST

There?s yet another sign that this might finally be the year for Guns N? Roses long-in-the-works Chinese Democracy. Rolling Stone can confirm that the album track ?If The World? ? a version of which leaked earlier this year ? will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie Body of Lies, in theaters October 10th. The track features the guitar work of GNR guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won?t appear on the soundtrack album. It will be the second official release of a Chinese Democracy track, as ?Shackler?s Revenge? is included in the new Rock Band 2 game. A source has told Rolling Stone that Guns N? Roses has reserved a November 25th date for the possible release of the album, which will be a Best Buy exclusive.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »

I foresee a few mediocre songs being released in this fashion over the next few month,
so they can save the BIG GUNS for single/video, and real hype.

That doesn't seem like a very good idea, does it?  This band has been away for too long to come back with anything less than "big guns" straight off.  Who's going to check out the record to find the gems if the songs they've already heard are mediocre?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »

Exclusive: Guns N? Roses Premiering New Song ?If the World? in ?Body of Lies,? Release Date Reserved

There?s yet another sign that this might finally be the year for Guns N? Roses long-in-the-works Chinese Democracy. Rolling Stone can confirm that the album track ?If The World? ? a version of which leaked earlier this year ? will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie Body of Lies, in theaters October 10th. The track features the guitar work of GNR guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won?t appear on the soundtrack album. It will be the second official release of a Chinese Democracy track, as ?Shackler?s Revenge? is included in the new Rock Band 2 game. A source has told Rolling Stone that Guns N? Roses has reserved a November 25th date for the possible release of the album, which will be a Best Buy exclusive.

Won't be on the soundtrack though, eh?  So it looks like this won't be the first single off the album either.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »

I foresee a few mediocre songs being released in this fashion over the next few month,
so they can save the BIG GUNS for single/video, and real hype.

That doesn't seem like a very good idea, does it?  This band has been away for too long to come back with anything less than "big guns" straight off.  Who's going to check out the record to find the gems if the songs they've already heard are mediocre?

Basically I foresee few mediocre songs being on cd. smoking
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »

Surely this will be acknowledged on the band's offical site at some point?  WOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!
ben9785
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

Even if it hasn't been officially confirmed by the band yet, this is it guys.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »

wondering when they are updating the official site regarding the soundtrack.  love
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:11:06 PM by ppbebe » Logged
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »

This is the best news i'v seen in sometime now. Just i think there waiting to see if U2 are putting out there album at the same time. BUT i think U2's new album got pushed back to 2009.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »

If they are going to play during the closing credits, why wouldn't it be on the soundtrack ?

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 08:47:53 PM »

NO they could be putting it out on itunes with Shackler's like a single. The B-side being If The World. NOT say it is or could be a B-Side or a single. But singles sometimes have 2 songs on them. Like VR did with there singles or what U2 does with theres.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »

If they are going to play during the closing credits, why wouldn't it be on the soundtrack ?
In a different thread, I was asking where 'new' SCOM played in Big Daddy...it was not on soundtrack...poster claimed it was over credits, but I don't have the movie, and can't check.  I thought only version was Sheryl Crowe...but, perhaps this is a common thing, after all, the credits roll after 'the end' - perhaps that is where soundtrack ends.  Anyone who knows please respond...

Also possible that whomever wrote this piece was looking at 'soundtrack' available for order online...has only the 'score', or classical instumental pieces.  I am sure there are more 'real' songs on the actual soundtrack, which will eventually be available (Oct 7th?).

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »

I think ITW will be in Body of lies and shackler will be in max payne movie (will be perfect the lyrics with the all story)!

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

In a different thread, I was asking where 'new' SCOM played in Big Daddy...it was not on soundtrack...poster claimed it was over credits, but I don't have the movie, and can't check.  I thought only version was Sheryl Crowe...but, perhaps this is a common thing, after all, the credits roll after 'the end' - perhaps that is where soundtrack ends.  Anyone who knows please respond...

Also possible that whomever wrote this piece was looking at 'soundtrack' available for order online...has only the 'score', or classical instumental pieces.  I am sure there are more 'real' songs on the actual soundtrack, which will eventually be available (Oct 7th?).
SCOM was played during the closing credits in Big Daddy.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »

Was it Sheryl Crowe (on Soundtrack) or 'new' Gn'R (not on soundtrack)?

TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »

New GN'R was during the closing credits.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »

New GN'R was during the closing credits.
Then we can assume ITW will also NOT be on soundtrack.

I am going to have to rent BD just to hear that...

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »

Scom was also ending song in credits for a movie Bad Dreams..

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: