Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible news from Best Buy...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible news from Best Buy...  (Read 33450 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »

I assume the exclusive would be temporary, like that of Rockband2 for xbox, and probably for a much shorter period.
to help the retailer to get off to a good start of holiday shopping season.
And black friday is an America thing. wouldn't affect other parts of the world.
That's if the deal is real.

It may be short...or it may be permanent (Wal Mart's exclusives have done both..some 30 to 60 days, some permanent).  If it's short, though, I would expect it to be longer than the just over 30 day exclusivity of Rockband 2 to the 360.  I'd bet it's more like 45 to 60 days...ie: through the holiday season and the first of the year.

I could be wrong, but that's what I suspect.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

Exclusive means EXCLUSIVE

Best Buy will be the only retail outlet to sell Chinese Democracy in the United States.

This isn't temporary, they will sell it forever.

Walmart has had "exclusive" (for example the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montanna Best of Both Worlds Concert CD with bonus DVD pack in) that were only exclusive for a limited time.

They've likewise had exclusives that are "forever".

I wouldn't immediately assume one or the other without more information.  Could be either one.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »

i heard november 28 is the release date (black friday). tuesday of that week would be even better, but after reading this thread i think a new album will happen this year.

I'm hearing (and not from anyone "concrete" or "in the know") it will be out on the 25th (the Tuesday), rather than the 28th...but it WILL be featured prominently in the Black Friday flyer.

We'll see.

Together again,
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »

Sounds like the train is ROLLIN again.  ok

I think the time is NOW  hihi

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »

You know I think that was a good idea I came up with there in my babbling.  Can we request Axl give us this news in person?  Some kind of web broad cast..

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

Does anyone know someone who works for Best Buy?

I see a trip in my future tomorrow afternoon.  Wink

Lots of people, actually....including one related to me by marriage.

But they're front line associates, all and won't really hear specifics until either this weekend, or early next week when the folks from their stores/districts return from the event.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »

We will get official word in due course, whether it is from Axl himself, Del, the management or whoever else.

I think we got about a week...that's just my wholly uneducated guess.  I think we'll hear something around the 2nd or 3rd of October, about a week before the movie comes out.

Together again,
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »

Hallelujah!!!  It's been such a long wait, nice to see things have finally taken shape. Couldn't be a greater time for all of us, not to mention the band.  Axl's masterpiece almost out of his hands and into ours, I am so appreciative to be a part of this long awaited, most mysterious, and mind boggling rock n roll journey.    Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »

I am so appreciative to be a part of this long awaited, most mysterious, and mind boggling rock n roll journey.    Smiley

definately mind boggling  hihi hihi.............
every time i log on the first thing i do is check for any updates, ive had the same logging on procedure for as long as i can remember. 1st i check the official site, 2nd step is to jump on here, 3rd step check the internet news sources............
i think its beyond mind boggling, ive been eating, sleeping, thinking, & playing GN'R since 87'. its definately been a rockin' rollercoaster ride and its about to get goin' again  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »

I am so appreciative to be a part of this long awaited, most mysterious, and mind boggling rock n roll journey.    Smiley

ive had the same logging on procedure for as long as i can remember. 1st i check the official site, 2nd step is to jump on here, 3rd step check the internet news sources............
hihi My routine is your's in reverse.  Check the news, then come here - if what I found on the internet is true, it'll be posted here, then check the official site on the off chance they might have said something about said news.  yes
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

This is awsome

the gnr hype train is about to start blowing smoke out of the engine

I can see the train out in the distance, heading straight for us

BRING IT ON mother f@ckers!!!!!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »

No disrespect to HTGTH but I feel the same way. I cannot wait to see the big news up on that official site!!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »

seems like there is no turning back at this point ok

on November 25 gnr fans will finally get out revenge and its gonna be soooo sweet!

god, i am so fucking excited! beer

homo homini lupus...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

No disrespect to HTGTH but I feel the same way. I cannot wait to see the big news up on that official site!!

I want to see Axl announce it in a video,
or do a unannounced concert somewhere,
something totally out of the blue..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Olorin
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

In still cant get my head around what this "Best Buy" agreement is. I gather its an American retail outlet, but what does it mean for CD? Is that the only place it will be availible when its released? What about amazon.com and play.com etc, will it be availible there?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2008, 11:15:26 AM »

In still cant get my head around what this "Best Buy" agreement is. I gather its an American retail outlet, but what does it mean for CD? Is that the only place it will be availible when its released? What about amazon.com and play.com etc, will it be availible there?

We don't know for sure.  But this is NOT the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Several possible scenarios are (in no particular order):

1 - General release of Chi Dem worldwide, but Best Buy in the US gets a Special Edition Chi Dem
2 - Chi Dem gets worldwide release EXCEPT the US, where it is ONLY available through Best Buy for a period of time, then gets general US release. (This is like AC/DC I believe)
3 - Chi Dem gets an exclusive Best Buy release in the US for x weeks and then get a general worldwide release.
4 - Chi Dem is only ever available for purchase though Best Buy in the US

OBVIOUSLY 4 is not going to happen, but for some reason there seems to be lots of panic and assumption that it will.  It doesn't make sense and there is no precedent for it. 

My guess is scenario 2. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »

Since we don't know the specifics, we can only assume.

Often it means that the retailer in question has the exclusive rights to sell that release.

So if Best Buy gets the exclusivity for Chinese Democracy, you'd have to visit their store (or web site I assume) to get the cd.

Then there's the question on how long they'd have the exclusivity.

In other countries, you could buy the album in any store that sells it since these deals are often limited to the USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »

Since we don't know the specifics, we can only assume.

Often it means that the retailer in question has the exclusive rights to sell that release.

So if Best Buy gets the exclusivity for Chinese Democracy, you'd have to visit their store (or web site I assume) to get the cd.

Then there's the question on how long they'd have the exclusivity.

In other countries, you could buy the album in any store that sells it since these deals are often limited to the USA.

/jarmo

I believe in these cases you can also preorder from the website and have it arrive the day of release.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »

We don't know for sure.  But this is NOT the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Several possible scenarios are (in no particular order):

1 - General release of Chi Dem worldwide, but Best Buy in the US gets a Special Edition Chi Dem
2 - Chi Dem gets worldwide release EXCEPT the US, where it is ONLY available through Best Buy for a period of time, then gets general US release. (This is like AC/DC I believe)
3 - Chi Dem gets an exclusive Best Buy release in the US for x weeks and then get a general worldwide release.
4 - Chi Dem is only ever available for purchase though Best Buy in the US

OBVIOUSLY 4 is not going to happen, but for some reason there seems to be lots of panic and assumption that it will.  It doesn't make sense and there is no precedent for it. 

My guess is scenario 2. 

It is NOT obvious that 4 won't happen, and their IS precedent for it. See the Eagles last release and AC/DC's upcoming release for more.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »

http://www.gigwise.com/news/46377/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-to-get-november-release
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: