Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard with Dizzy and Frank, and Furs pics. + Tour with Rihanna
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard with Dizzy and Frank, and Furs pics. + Tour with Rihanna  (Read 9155 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

The only reason I mentioned the former members in this section was to illustrate the similarity in RF playing with Rhianna and Slash playing with Fergie. It is the pot calling the kettle black. It is hypocritical to praise RF while Slamming Slash for doing the same thing.

It is a good opportunity for RF to play with other artist and make some extra money.  By the way RF may not be as rich as Slash, but I am sure he is rich being a current GNR member. But what does it matter if Slash is rich. It is well documented that he loves playing for fun, and because it keeps him out of trouble.

Thanks for clearing up the potty training thing. I had not seen the picture but it was still a silly point to make, although the picture is funny.

By the way the reason RF has not played any GNR classics with Rhianna is because he is yet to release any GNR material let alone a classic. Slash has carte blanche to play songs like SCOM especially since he actually had an integral part in writing it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

The only reason I mentioned the former members in this section was to illustrate the similarity in RF playing with Rhianna and Slash playing with Fergie. It is the pot calling the kettle black. It is hypocritical to praise RF while Slamming Slash for doing the same thing.

But it's not the same thing...

You fail to see that.

If Slash went on tour with Fergie as her guitarist, then it would be similar.

So go back to the other section where your namesake is discussed.

ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:23:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »

Touche, I'm not claiming to be anybody, and like I said, I'm not trying to knock the guy, he's a fantastic guitarist, but Slash is Slash. Do you not agree? Richard is relatively unknown considering he is in GNR. If you asked the majority of people on the street, they would know Slash, I'd be surprised if anyone I know had even heard of Fortus.

By that comparison, Izzy Stradlin is a nobody as well.  Roll Eyes

I bet he doesn't get recognized on the street every day or get his face on video game boxes.

Yet, he had a big part in GN'R's past.

/jarmo

I can buy that, but to a much lesser degree. I think most GNR fans would know who Izzy is. But, you are right, casual fans wouldn't recognize him as easily as they would Slash. I personally don't care what any of these guys do outside their band, but I think when fans see a member of their favorite band working with a member of a completely different genre, it looks like a cash grab, and that rubs em the wrong way, though that maybe a bit of a childish perspective. Truth is we have no idea what their motivations are, maybe they want to experiment,  maybe it IS for the money, is that really such an evil thing? Yeah it's respectable when people stay true to their roots or what have you, but it's real easy to spend other people's money. Slash came up with GNR, that's how he made his name, and he is a huge reason we even know who GNR is, so when he went on to work with other artist, it was tough to miss. With Fortus, as great as his contributions to CD may be, we really haven't heard much yet, so he hasn't really contributed to the popularity of GNR. He can kind of fly under the radar a bit. I don't think it should be as much of a shock that he'd play with another band. Maybe that makes sense, maybe not, my brains fried at the moment. Long day, I'm out.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

The potty trained thing... does not make sense whatsoever. If anything the one who would need potty training is Rhianna since I am sure she is younger than Fergie.
Maybe if you weren't so busy continually bringing up ex-gunners in the section for CURRENT GNR BAND MEMBERS, things would make sense to you. 

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=52587.msg1089313#msg1089313

Is that perspiration between her legs or is she just happy to see us?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »

Its great that 'the band' is keeping busy...but it is starting to make me think of mid-90's. nervous

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
ben9785
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »

Damn, I'd love to see Richard playing in Sydney again, but I'm sorry, I couldn't give my money for a "Rhianna" show.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 07:38:37 AM by ben857 » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 04:18:52 AM »

But it's not the same thing...

You fail to see that.

If Slash went on tour with Fergie as her guitarist, then it would be similar.

So go back to the other section where your namesake is discussed.

ok

/jarmo

yes, this case it a lot worse. Im so proud of Richard for playing with the artists he loves!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »

It is a good opportunity for RF to play with other artist and make some extra money.  By the way RF may not be as rich as Slash, but I am sure he is rich being a current GNR member. But what does it matter if Slash is rich. It is well documented that he loves playing for fun, and because it keeps him out of trouble.

Thanks for clearing up the potty training thing. I had not seen the picture but it was still a silly point to make, although the picture is funny.

By the way the reason RF has not played any GNR classics with Rhianna is because he is yet to release any GNR material let alone a classic. Slash has carte blanche to play songs like SCOM especially since he actually had an integral part in writing it.

I can see a little difference in someone with Slash's image and past playing with the pop stars de jour and Richard doing the same thing.  Richard did this kind of stuff before and during his time with Guns, it's certainly not an inconsistent move - good luck to him  ok   However, I also have no problem with Slash playing with whoever he wants, for whatever reason he chooses - his life - his image.  Good luck to him too!  hihi

I really don't understand anyone using this as an opportunity to have a pop at Mr. 4tus, like I said, he's done this before and is clearly something he enjoy's and/or pays the bills, I guess.  He has a young family too so we really shouldn't be begrudging him a living.
ben9785
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

Richard has been a session guitarist for any number of different artists since the mid 90s or earlier, well before his name was even associated with Axl.

But so has Slash.

So how come its alright for Slash to do it, and not Richard?

Just looking for another excuse to bash Richard? Take a hike.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 09:39:53 PM »

Richard has been a session guitarist for any number of different artists since the mid 90s or earlier, well before his name was even associated with Axl.

But so has Slash.

You're right man.

People a quick to have a shot at the "new" members of GN'R. Alot of these members have now been in the band for the longest time of any previous member. Richard has been here for 6/7 years now. How long was Steven there?.....

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ben9785
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »

But so has Slash.

You're right man.

People a quick to have a shot at the "new" members of GN'R. Alot of these members have now been in the band for the longest time of any previous member. Richard has been here for 6/7 years now. How long was Steven there?.....

peace

Alot of these members have now been in the band for the longest time of any previous member.

Honestly man I swear I never even thought about that but right on.

Hopefully in the future we'll get the 4 albums of new material to really put these guys up against the 'past'.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »

But so has Slash.

You're right man.

peace

Alot of these members have now been in the band for the longest time of any previous member.

Hopefully in the future we'll get the 4 albums of new material to really put these guys up against the 'past'.

They've been in the band twice as long, but have accomplished nothing yet. As far as I'm concerned, the clock starts the day C Democracy comes out. It's basically been a 15 year build up for a debut album. When I think of the beginning of GNR, I think 1987 because that is when AFD came out. I think most people would associate the same. No one cares how long they were around before they actually made a record. The original lineup's time together was brief, but thats normally the way it goes with great bands.

I must say I would be pretty pumped if they did release 4 albums of material. Never seen anything like that.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »

But so has Slash.

You're right man.

peace

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate and aknowledge the previous members, but people need to realise that they have been gone for a long Fucking time and these so called "NEW" blokes are fuckin passionate MEMBERS Guns N' Roses. They are not just there hangin around.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »

But so has Slash.

You're right man.

peace

They've been in the band twice as long, but have accomplished nothing yet. As far as I'm concerned, the clock starts the day C Democracy comes out. It's basically been a 15 year build up for a debut album. When I think of the beginning of GNR, I think 1987 because that is when AFD came out. I think most people would associate the same. No one cares how long they were around before they actually made a record. The original lineup's time together was brief, but thats normally the way it goes with great bands.

I must say I would be pretty pumped if they did release 4 albums of material. Never seen anything like that.

Why doesn't the Shit Laod of shows they played count?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Repo-Genetic-Opera/dp/B001FWXOBO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1222778647&sr=8-1

The Repo! Soundtrack Feat. Richard Fortus is OUT NOW!

This sounds awsome.. Also some new Pics on www.4tus.com

EDIT: Also a trailer for the movie

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »

It's also better seeing Richard perform with Rihanna, then Sl@sh working with Paulina Rubio ....................

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »

it is different
richard is a well known session player.. he plays with anyone for a fee (with gnr is dif cuz its his band not a payroll thing), like josh freese he is a NIN, APC, Vandals bandmember but he plays with avril, sting, jelly clarkson, etc etc
slash is an icon prostituting himself playing with everybody GNR songs

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

it is different
richard is a well known session player.. he plays with anyone for a fee (with gnr is dif cuz its his band not a payroll thing), like josh freese he is a NIN, APC, Vandals bandmember but he plays with avril, sting, jelly clarkson, etc etc
slash is an icon prostituting himself playing with everybody GNR songs

I prefer something that did what he feels just for fun... like love u know? Prostitute is something that just play for the cash... you pay you have it... so U must think about the correct words...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »

i say prostituting because he does it for exposure..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 01:20:38 AM »

Damn, I'd love to see Richard playing in Sydney again, but I'm sorry, I couldn't give my money for a "Rhianna" show.

Rhianna is one the of most original artist that's out these day's I enjoy here music.  Richard have fun !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: