Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard with Dizzy and Frank, and Furs pics. + Tour with Rihanna
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard with Dizzy and Frank, and Furs pics. + Tour with Rihanna  (Read 9195 times)
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »

Guns-member performing with Rihanna ?? Umbrella, umbrella..

This is fucking ridiculous.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »

ive noticed everyone is in south america axl should join too
If Axl was involved with everyone else at this point, In my mind we would have an album and they would be touring under GNR. Shocked

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »

If Axl was involved with everyone else at this point, In my mind we would have an album and they would be touring under GNR. Shocked

I am happy for the guys to get out and play, but how can this can anything but bad for GNR? No release date in sight plus no touring since these guys are busy and no album. If something was coming down the pipe, these guys would be gearing up for PR for the album and touring. It's a shame for us gnr die-hards..
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »

I want to hear from the people who overly criticized Slash for performing with Fergie calling him a sellout with no integrity... and see what they have to say about Richard, Dizzy, & Frank performing with Rhianna. I don't have a problem with it, because I did not have a problem when Slash did it. Besides, nothing urgent seems to be going on in the GNR world that these days, so why not go out and work with other artists and get paid for it. Good for them. But it is funny how some here have a double standard when it comes to this stuff.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »

I want to hear from the people who overly criticized Slash for performing with Fergie calling him a sellout with no integrity...
The difference is Richard is helping out a friend ..... so that's a +1 on the side of integrity.  ok

Point 2:  Richard draws the line when it comes to performing with artists who are not potty trained.   hihi

It's cool that artists outside the rock genre recognize Richard's talents.  And who knows, maybe some of those Rhianna fans will check out GNR after seeing/hearing Richard.  yes
Sounds like a fun gig.  Hope Richard has a great time.  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

I am happy for the guys to get out and play, but how can this can anything but bad for GNR? No release date in sight plus no touring since these guys are busy and no album. If something was coming down the pipe, these guys would be gearing up for PR for the album and touring. It's a shame for us gnr die-hards..
They never do what is the "norm", you know that!! Right?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »

GypsySoul... I agree with all your points... except all those points apply to Slash as well. Thus, you are applying a double standard in your argument. Slash was helping out a friend. He did expose himself to fans of another genre. In doing so he may have intriguiged their interest to hopefully come check him or VR out in the future.

And I am sure he did have fun jamming with Fergie.

The potty trained thing... does not make sense whatsoever. If anything the one who would need potty training is Rhianna since I am sure she is younger than Fergie.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »

I want to hear from the people who overly criticized Slash for performing with Fergie calling him a sellout with no integrity...

Maybe you should go stay in the VR section then?

Is Richard performing GN'R classics with Rihanna? No.
Is Richard playing GN'R classics with the Best Buy band? No.

People need to learn how to read. These dates end in early November.

If GN'R was playing shows in late October or early November, I think it would've been announced already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »

I want to hear from the people who overly criticized Slash for performing with Fergie calling him a sellout with no integrity... and see what they have to say about Richard, Dizzy, & Frank performing with Rhianna. I don't have a problem with it, because I did not have a problem when Slash did it. Besides, nothing urgent seems to be going on in the GNR world that these days, so why not go out and work with other artists and get paid for it. Good for them. But it is funny how some here have a double standard when it comes to this stuff.

First of all Richard isn't a multi-millionaire like slash. He has to work to pay his bills. Slash on the other hand is rich, and plays with pop artists just to get some spotlight. Secondly Dizzy and Frank were not playing with Rihianna, they were playing with The Psychedelic Furs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »

Also, he'll be playing a show with the Psychedelic Furs at Jack's Third Show on September 27th, 2008 in Irvine, CA at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »

First of all Richard isn't a multi-millionaire like slash. He has to work to pay his bills. Slash on the other hand is rich, and plays with pop artists just to get some spotlight. Secondly Dizzy and Frank were not playing with Rihianna, they were playing with The Psychedelic Furs.

Really, there is no reason to compare the situations at all. Slash is a living legend, and Richard is a nobody by comparison. Slash was/is one of the most recognizable guitarists alive so tons of artists would love to be associated with him. I have a feeling Richard comes a little cheaper. Not trying to knock the guy, but it's night and day. I am not a huge fan of either playing with other artists, but I don't care. I don't have to hear it unless I choose to.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »

Slash is a living legend, and Richard is a nobody by comparison.

But only one of them is in the band you claim to be a fan of.

If Richard is a nobody, what does it make you?

/jarmo

Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »

Touche, I'm not claiming to be anybody, and like I said, I'm not trying to knock the guy, he's a fantastic guitarist, but Slash is Slash. Do you not agree? Richard is relatively unknown considering he is in GNR. If you asked the majority of people on the street, they would know Slash, I'd be surprised if anyone I know had even heard of Fortus.

And I'm a fan of GNR because of the music I heard when Slash was in the band. When CD comes out, who knows, maybe RF will have comparable impact as Slash, but until then, he is a hired gun in a new version of GNR that hasn't given us anything to suggest he will ever be held in the same regard.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »

And yes, I realize that's probably not his goal.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »

Switching up on the topic.  

I'm getting lost with everybody's side project schedules.  And not that it is going to happen but is anyone seeing where there could be a release party scheduled in there?  A time when everyone is off and could get together say maybe in LA some where?  Say around Thanksgiving?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »

The potty trained thing... does not make sense whatsoever. If anything the one who would need potty training is Rhianna since I am sure she is younger than Fergie.
Maybe if you weren't so busy continually bringing up ex-gunners in the section for CURRENT GNR BAND MEMBERS, things would make sense to you. 

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=52587.msg1089313#msg1089313

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »

Everyone is just working I guess?  Hey ya gotta eat for sure.  Could it be they all found new work entirely.  Maybe it's just coincidence?   It's also weird that none of the "current" members have no website mentions of GnR.  Some have no links.  Some are under construction.  All of them are out doing other than GnR stuff.  Old members actually have more info on GnR than GnR and it is confusing and kind of disturbing.  I guess we can only just wait till we hear something new.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »

if he wants to go out and play more power to him, he along with every other musician can play with whoever the fuck they want.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »

Slash is a living legend, and Richard is a nobody by comparison.

But only one of them is in the band you claim to be a fan of.

If Richard is a nobody, what does it make you?

/jarmo

Even though I don't agree, he didn't say that fortus was a nobody. He said fortus is a nobody when compared to slash. On a relative basis, one can say that is a fair statement.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »

Touche, I'm not claiming to be anybody, and like I said, I'm not trying to knock the guy, he's a fantastic guitarist, but Slash is Slash. Do you not agree? Richard is relatively unknown considering he is in GNR. If you asked the majority of people on the street, they would know Slash, I'd be surprised if anyone I know had even heard of Fortus.

By that comparison, Izzy Stradlin is a nobody as well.  Roll Eyes

I bet he doesn't get recognized on the street every day or get his face on video game boxes.

Yet, he had a big part in GN'R's past.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: