Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan Podcast: On VR's Singer "There's No Rush"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan Podcast: On VR's Singer "There's No Rush"  (Read 3770 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »

22/09/2008

Metal Hammer UK recently interviewed Duff, here is some of what he says...

Regarding Velvet Revolver, he says that they have about 15 songs recorded but they don?t really know how to find a singer?and that they don?t want to break up some band.

He also says the they want to make sure that it?s ?the guy? so they?ve realized there?s no rush?people are going to be there?if they need to rebuild VR.

On Loaded, he says that he realizes that he needs to commit to (loaded) also.  This is basically a promo tour that they are doing right now, and next year they will do a proper tour.

It sounds like he is having a lot of fun touring with Loaded right now.

Duff?s interview is at the end of part 2 on the podcast: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=49026

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:15:39 AM »

Now, if only Matt Sorum could give an update on how great the process is coming along and how they'll have news soon.....

Wink

Sounds like Duff will be busy with Loaded for a while and Slash is doing his solo album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »

Now, if only Matt Sorum could give an update on how great the process is coming along and how they'll have news soon.....

Wink

Sounds like Duff will be busy with Loaded for a while and Slash is doing his solo album.

/jarmo

This sounds great.  New VR maybe in 2010.  Looking forward to the Slash solo album and I actually kind of dig the new loaded. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »

After listening to that, I don't think there will be an "announcement" anytime soon.  no

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Loaded on friday in Dublin. I can wait for VR to find a singer, I'm sure he'll be good. Its time for Axl to steal some limelight now...c'mon Axl, Chinese Democracy!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 07:19:54 AM »

i can wait for a new VR songer, loaded are amazing. i have high hopes for slash's solo album and getting a singer in the middle of it all would just be a distraction.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »

After listening to that, I don't think there will be an "announcement" anytime soon.  no

I think that's definitely the case.

Matt mentioned more CF activity is planned for the upcoming months on last weeks CF Radio with the possibilty of 3 shows a month in the works.

The CFR podcast can be heard here:

http://www.billymorrison.tv/BM_Media/Podcasts/20_09_08.mp3

Thanks go to Paul and www.billymorrison.net

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »

Wink

Whatever happens with them I am happy for what they have accomplished the last 15yrs.  They are putting out good cds and playing amazing shows.  They are putting out cds.

/jarmo

RTK
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Loaded on friday in Dublin. I can wait for VR to find a singer, I'm sure he'll be good. Its time for Axl to steal some limelight now...c'mon Axl, Chinese Democracy!!!

Sounds like a good competition. Which will happen first: CD or new VR. I'm kinda hoping its CD.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »

Velvet Revolver: no frontman yet

"We haven't find that guy - he's out there somewhere."

Duff McKagan has been telling Kerrang! Radio that the hunt continues for a new singer for Velvet Revolver

The band have been having tryouts since Scott Weiland left - but they say they haven't found the right person just yet.

According to Duff, they have found 20 guys who would be good - they want someone who is great!

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=900352&spid=

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:55:35 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »

Sounds like a good competition. Which will happen first: CD or new VR. I'm kinda hoping its CD.
Yeah, me too. There's been so much activity in the GnR world in the past couple of years with all the ex-Gunners and Axl himself doing stuff. The silence has ended. Its time we got Chinese Democracy in to the stores and on our fuckin' cd players. I'm still excited about it and really hoping it comes out before christmas

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »

this is Axl's time to shine. no matter if they still had Scott in VR, they wouldn't have had a new album till 2010. so I'm full of patience with this project right now, I hope they take as long as they need to find the right guy, even if it takes a couple of years...I'm used to waiting Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »

actually.. there's a rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMT-2p8NBU
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 07:01:40 PM »

Holy shit, went to see Loaded on friday night and it was kick ass... it was a relatively small venue and the band were loving it! A couple of the band members crowd surfed at the end and Duff was constantly jumping down and lying back on top of the fans whilst playing. Got to meet him before the gig and he was so cool!! I'm loving this band live!!! They're a laugh, they got their road crew up at the end to perform a song. They weren't bad at all. It was hilarios, the Loaded guys were tickling them and jumping on them while they were trying to perform. Great entertainment!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: