Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Everything gets deleted
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything gets deleted  (Read 22258 times)
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:50 AM »

^

why the fuck would you critique a childs name?

its not your kid, be happy for the person and move on. nobody gives a fuck if you dont like the name confused

Why the fuck not?

Jeez all he said was he didnt like the childs name. Thats his opinion, his entitled to it. At most it was a passing comment, like oh they called the child ......, I dont like it.

And to however said its pretty fucking rude to insult a childs name (ADZ), GET A GRIP. How can you insult a childs name?, you can insult a child not a name.

Talk about OTT, you cant pass a commit about a name around here without it being deleted or being attacked for stating an opinion that differs from somebody else's  Roll Eyes.

"to live with fortune and fame"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »

Why the fuck not?

Jeez all he said was he didnt like the childs name. Thats his opinion, his entitled to it. At most it was a passing comment, like oh they called the child ......, I dont like it.

And to however said its pretty fucking rude to insult a childs name (ADZ), GET A GRIP. How can you insult a childs name?, you can insult a child not a name.

Talk about OTT, you cant pass a commit about a name around here without it being deleted or being attacked for stating an opinion that differs from somebody else's  Roll Eyes.

Pretty sure you'd be pretty pissed off if you had a kid and I told you whatever you'd named it fucking sucked.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

Why the fuck not?

Pretty sure you'd be pretty pissed off if you had a kid and I told you whatever you'd named it fucking sucked.

I wouldn't. That's your opinion, you have every right to it. I would name my kid as I want to, I wouldn't care about other's opinions (and I'm sure there's no name everyone loves). I also hope everybody thinks like that. I do like honest people.

As I said: if you're offended by what happened here, good luck with the rest of your life. Don't expect it to be roses.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »

I'm sure there's some other time where you can address your dislike for a newborn's name.

Not when others are congratulating the family on their newborn.

Don't you think?

I'm all for honesty, but it doesn't mean you have to be stupid...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 12:28:10 PM »

Why the fuck not?

No, its just your opinion. Well prehaps if you said it to my face.

If you said it in one thread on an internet forum that I prob never heard of and will never read, than no it wouldnt bother me in the slightest.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:29:42 PM by rds.06 » Logged

"to live with fortune and fame"
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »

^

why the fuck would you critique a childs name?

its not your kid, be happy for the person and move on. nobody gives a fuck if you dont like the name confused

Why the fuck not?

why the fuck not? because its stupid for lack of a better word.

its like going to funeral and saying " ya I didnt really like the guy, he was kind of a prick"

yes thats your opinion and your entitled to it but, its just an assshole thing to say
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:39:47 PM by **** » Logged

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 02:46:02 PM »

its like going to funeral and saying " ya I didnt really like the guy, he was kind of a prick"

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think it's the same at all.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think it's the same at all.

wrong place, wrong time is all i meant

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »

Cry Cry

If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying. Smiley only posts are likely to get deleted since they don't contribute anything to the discussions.

ok Wink
pwned.

I will partially agree i dont think the censorship needs to go over board just to keep Mr Rose happy.

Freedom of speech Axl, remember?

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »

Pah!, freedom of speach is overrated.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 03:47:48 AM »

Yeah i hear chinesedemocracy.com is quite nice, but we still dont allow links to leaks or insults to other posters, at the end of the day all message boards have thier limits to what can be said and posted, its knowing them limits and keping within them that can make you a good poster, and i you dont like the limits, go and play somewhere else, there are plenty of other boards to visit, i think sometimes a lot of the problem with people is you like like to moan complain and create attention for youself by creating shit. As some of you may know i used to be on this board all day every day, and i started to have a problem with the level of freedom of speach here, but instead of making posts calling Jarmo and the mods names and being an asshole in thier home, i went and visited the other boards till i found somewhere i was happier posting, there was no fuss no drama no nastiness, as i respected that this is Jarmos site, i was a guest in his house and what he said goes. Maybe you bitchers and moaners should creat your own sites where you can say what the hell you want.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »

I'm sure there's some other time where you can address your dislike for a newborn's name.

Not when others are congratulating the family on their newborn.

Don't you think?

I'm all for honesty, but it doesn't mean you have to be stupid...

/jarmo

It wasn't stupid, the title of the thread was not "Congratulate Tommy on his new addition". It said "Tommy has a new kid" or something similar. This means that the thread was a discussion of such and someone mentioned the kids name, which I then said I thought was bad. What IS stupid is having a thread about it where people are expected to do nothing but congratulate him seeing as how it was the day of or a few days after he just had a kid I would be shocked to hear he was on a fansite trolling the message board for congratulations from people with all he probably had going on.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

It wasn't stupid, the title of the thread was not "Congratulate Tommy on his new addition". It said "Tommy has a new kid" or something similar. This means that the thread was a discussion of such and someone mentioned the kids name, which I then said I thought was bad. What IS stupid is having a thread about it where people are expected to do nothing but congratulate him seeing as how it was the day of or a few days after he just had a kid I would be shocked to hear he was on a fansite trolling the message board for congratulations from people with all he probably had going on.

It's not about Tommy reading this board. It's about decency. Look it up when you got some free time.

Regarding other sites, they do what they do, we do what we do.

I'm sure there are "unhappy" posters on every site.

It all comes down to the simple fact that you can't please everybody.

Personally I've had one way of doing things since day one. My way.

I do what I think is right. Occasionally people don't agree with my decisions.

That's life.

You don't think it's fair that we don't talk about illegal leaks, that's your opinion. My opinion is that we'll talk about stuff that's officially out, or have been chosen by the band to be out there. Like, them performing a song live in concert.

Stolen music isn't something that the band put out.... It's pretty simple really.

I also don't think there's anything interesting in making personal attacks aimed towards people in or around the band.

As you might have guessed by now, I try to keep the negativity to a minimum because it's not the kind of crowd I prefer.

I guess I'm naive for assuming that fans of a certain artist/band are supposed to be the most loyal and supportive followers of the artist/band in question.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2008, 12:20:30 PM »

It's not about Tommy reading this board. It's about decency. Look it up when you got some free time.

Regarding other sites, they do what they do, we do what we do.

I'm sure there are "unhappy" posters on every site.

It all comes down to the simple fact that you can't please everybody.

Personally I've had one way of doing things since day one. My way.

I do what I think is right. Occasionally people don't agree with my decisions.

That's life.

You don't think it's fair that we don't talk about illegal leaks, that's your opinion. My opinion is that we'll talk about stuff that's officially out, or have been chosen by the band to be out there. Like, them performing a song live in concert.

Stolen music isn't something that the band put out.... It's pretty simple really.

I also don't think there's anything interesting in making personal attacks aimed towards people in or around the band.

As you might have guessed by now, I try to keep the negativity to a minimum because it's not the kind of crowd I prefer.

I guess I'm naive for assuming that fans of a certain artist/band are supposed to be the most loyal and supportive followers of the artist/band in question.

/jarmo

I don't know if that was supposed to be directed at a lot of people but I never said anything about any other sites or not being able to discuss leaks. And I get what you're trying to do as far as limiting the negativity, which is probably a good idea. I just disagree with the thought that it was a personal attack for not liking Tommy's choice for a baby name. That's the definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »

First part was a reply to you, the rest was a general post.  ok

/jarmo

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

I see where you're coming with this, but I do think that there should be both sides of criticism; good and bad, to create interesting conversation. And I'm not talking about this Tommy's daughter -incident now, but in general I think that's the base of a great and interesting message board. Which this board mostly is, sometimes I just think the rules are too strict and mods shut up people if they show some negativity.

BEEP.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »

Good criticism can be constructive.

Bad is just whining for the sake of whining.

/jarmo

Olorin
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »

Just look at the bile that gets posted on the youtube comments where there is no control, not just GN'R but for anything. I dont even scroll down for the comments, I despair for the human race whenever I do.

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »

Good criticism can be constructive.

Bad is just whining for the sake of whining.

/jarmo

I have seen good criticism disappear here.. altough mostly in GN'R section.

BEEP.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »

I have seen good criticism disappear here.. altough mostly in GN'R section.

I'm sure. It probably turned "good and constructive" as soon as it was removed.....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: