Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:54:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose  (Read 24136 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »

Wait.

So you think GN'R has songs that suck?

Wow.

Sure, I prefer some songs over others but I wouldn't say any of them suck..... I'm not a fan of bands who put out songs that suck myself.

/jarmo

My World comes pretty close to sucking.I don't get the NIN comparison either since no NIN song is as bad as My World.Having said that, no I don't think any GNR songs suck.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:20 PM »

Jesus Christ....Somebody shoot me..

THERE WAS ALREADY AN "OFFICIAL" RELEASE!!!

And I'm not even trying to bring that up....

The point is that we've gone through shit before. For fuck's sake, I'm as hopeful as you are, I'm just taking that big elephant in the room that no-one will mention, and I'm fucking him in the ass.

And as far as that jack-wad who mentioned "new management"Huh

Two words...

Merck....f'n Merck...

Remember him?

I know I do...real fuckin' well. I dealt with him enough to last me a lifetime.

And as far as legal issues go, how many other bands on the planet have this many legal issues for a FUCKING ALBUM?Huh?

I'm really, REALLY trying to be positive here..

In fact, in every post I make, I repeat AD FUCKING NAUSEUM that the album WILL COME OUT!!

All I'm doing is defending those who have doubts, and yet I get shit on, least of all by Jarmo, the guy who should have his head firmly secured on his shoulders, and not squarely up his ass.

And ya know, I'm getting sick and fucking tired of some of you screaming "well if you don't like it, go find another board".

There's too many of you with the inability to string together enough letters to form a rebuttal, so you resort to "like us, or leave us".

It's weak. It's a sad example of wasted intelligence. Do I need to point out that before you hit send, you have UNLIMITED time to review your comments, thereby coming up with an intelligent rebuttal, as opposed to....dood you suck...or "yer so lame"....or countless other commentaries that make me want to hurt myself, and not in a good way.

And so help me fuck Jarmo, if you quote me again, at least have the decency to acknowledge the fact that I'm all for the band, optimistic, and all lovey dovey n shit, or whatever it takes to drink the kool aid these days....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »

My world? Sucked...

Bad Apples? Wasn't that good either...

Point proven..

Hell, even the Beatles had Revolution #9

axlsbrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 10:13:37 PM »

Jarmo, thanks you for all you do.  I rarely post, but i come to the site at least once a week to see what's going on.  You really are the voice of reason for all of the gnr fans that post, and i don't know if people appreciate the patience involved.  anyway, i've searched most of the threads, and cant find an answer to a couple questions about shackler's.  I figure you may know, so if you get a second....

1.  Will the song be available for purchase anywhere, like itunes or maybe the video games soundtrack?
2.  Will the song be played on local radio?
3.  Is Sweden gonna qualify for the 2010 world cup?  I think they will if Zlatan stays healthy.  

LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »

Someone kill that guy....

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »

Jarmo, thanks you for all you do.  I rarely post, but i come to the site at least once a week to see what's going on.  You really are the voice of reason for all of the gnr fans that post, and i don't know if people appreciate the patience involved.  anyway, i've searched most of the threads, and cant find an answer to a couple questions about shackler's.  I figure you may know, so if you get a second....

1.  Will the song be available for purchase anywhere, like itunes or maybe the video games soundtrack?
2.  Will the song be played on local radio?
3.  Is Sweden gonna qualify for the 2010 world cup?  I think they will if Zlatan stays healthy. 

I am not Jarmo but here goes:
1)We don't know
2)We don't know
3)Who cares?Watch a real sport,Like Football!

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »

My world? Sucked...

Point proven..

My World seems like something that Axl threw on at the end since he seems to have had creative control.There were way better songs that were left off from the Illusions.

Bad Apples kicks ass.

LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »

My world? Sucked...

Point proven..

My World seems like something that Axl threw on at the end since he seems to have had creative control.There were way better songs that were left off from the Illusions.

Bad Apples kicks ass.

Compared to the rest of GnR's catalogue, no it doesn't.

And be careful what you say. Around here, My World is yet another psalm in the book of "We don't admit anything ever went wrong"

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:54 PM »

Someone kill that guy....

hihi
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 10:29:38 PM »

My world? Sucked...

Point proven..

Bad Apples kicks ass.

And be careful what you say. Around here, My World is yet another psalm in the book of "We don't admit anything ever went wrong"
I don't know any GNR fans that say My World is a good song.It sounds like two minutes of Axl fucking around with a drum machine.

I think this has to be the single.I can't see GNR putting this song out waiting til November, dropping a single and then releasing the album.I see this being a decent hit for GNR until they release Better.That song could carry the album through the new year.GNR will not pass up the opportunity to cash in on Black Friday sales.Especially at a Best Buy.Those places are mobbed with people coming in for $99 TV's.Best Buy would have massive promotion for the album.I wouldnt be surprised to see a giant GNR display upon entering the store.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

My World seems like something that Axl threw on at the end since he seems to have had creative control.

..or was fucked up on magic mushrooms hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »

Cautious regarding the fact that WE'VE SEEN SHIT FALL APART TOO MANY TIMES!!!

Did you miss reading the part when I pointed out how this is different from all those "other times"?

Yeah, I think it's fair that GnR fans have a right to take everything with a grain of salt.

What exactly about the Sunday release of Rock Band 2 are you worried about?

1. Shacklers is a huge event for us.
2. It will sound great.
3. It will get people interested in GnR again.
4. It shows that we're in the right direction.
5. We all hope and pray the album is coming out soon.
6. I think it will.

But more importantly, one final point.

7. We've been saying the same thing for the last, what? Decade?

You've said the last stuff for a decade? But Shackler's Revenge wasn't out then....  hihi

You completely missed the point.

You're being "cautious" about something that I'm not even talking about.

I'm personally EXCITED about the NEW SONG. I don't know what I should be cautious about now. I mean, I think the copies have been shipped to stores already. People will be lining up with their credit cards on Sunday.

One step at the time.

You on the other hand are posting a list of things that might happen AFTER that one song has come out.

And I do remember 2002 and every other fucking year before 2008.

I was excited about GN'R being on tour back then. Just like I was in 2007.

Now I'm excited about this new track.  Smiley

Razz.............. This is the first official release though. WAYYYYYYYYY different than some tours.

I agree with D for once. I'm scared.

Next I'll start listening to Bon Jovi. Oh the horror.....  nervous

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:44:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »

I will buy the song for a buck from Itunes but no way am I buying that game for $200 or whatever it is.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

Okay, if we're going to stay off topic, I like My World.  It really appeals to the stressed out, I'm looking out at you from some where deep inside my head and I should have a mental illness diagnosis.  It's like Coma, if you'd never been that far over the edge of mental health you're not going to get the depth of these songs.  At least that's where I connect with these songs.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »

Okay, if we're going to stay off topic, I like My World.  It really appeals to the stressed out, I'm looking out at you from some where deep inside my head and I should have a mental illness diagnosis.  It's like Coma, if you'd never been that far over the edge of mental health you're not going to get the depth of these songs.  At least that's where I connect with these songs.

Coma is one of the best GNR songs ever.My world is like a fourth rate Oh My God but not nearly as catchy or good.Pretty much any unreleased song from the Illusions blows it away.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »

My world? Sucked...

Point proven..

Bad Apples kicks ass.

I'm a big fan of "Bad Apples" myself.  Not high on "My World", I wouldn't say it sucks but I could do without it and it'd be the last example I'd play for someone who had never heard GNR.  I also never cared for "Silkworms", though I can't officially slam it since it's only been played live.  Maybe a studio version would sound better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

For the record, I think My World kicks ass.   Its not meant to be taken seriously like Estranged or Locomotive.    I enjoy it for what it is.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:45 AM »

My world? Sucked...

Point proven..

My World is a minute and 20 seconds long...im not too sure it was meant to be anything more than a little fun at the end of the record....and Bad Apples is fucking awesome....one of the best tracks on the record...
Olorin
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2008, 04:09:08 AM »

My World Sucks. (there is an idea for a depressed GN'R fans t-shirt in there somewhere)

And I'm sick of knocking over the sideboard and treading on the cats tail  in my stampede to the stereo after Don't Cry no
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »

I have always considered My World as an outro to the Illusions, not as an actual song.. and I like it as it is.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: