Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:06:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose  (Read 24203 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 12:40:14 PM »

Dont want it to be just another song out of 80 you can play in a game.

How can it be "just another song"?

I don't get it.

It's impossible for it to be "just another song". It's a new Guns N' Roses song!

None of the other songs fall into that category!

I agree. I hope they do an Itunes release sometime soon of it. I'd hate to have to buy a video game system just to listen to the song.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »

I dont care if Shackler's is the first single or not only that it is the true start to the album being released.

Of course Mysteron did say it was gonna be the first single right?

SO with that logic, it has to be released to radio next week.

Lets hope thats the case! Would be great to listen to this song on the radio.  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »

You can't believe that GN'R fans are anxious to hear new GN'R music in regular rotation on radio stations everywhere Huh 

I can. But all this "it's like Oh My God".

No it's not....

/jarmo

What was said is fact.  Oh My God was released on a soundtrack and did not receive any airplay.  If you were to poll the members of this forum I'm positive the vast majority here would love to see Shackler's Revenge receive the airplay that Oh My God did not.  If it doesn't, then that one similarity between the two songs will exist.  And that will be the only similarity between the two (except for hopefully both songs rock, haven't heard Shackler's but IMO Oh My God is very under-rated).  I read back through the previous posts here and I just don't see the bitching and moaning or "here we go again" attitude that you're talking about - just fans hoping for more!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »

What was said is fact.  Oh My God was released on a soundtrack and did not receive any airplay.  If you were to poll the members of this forum I'm positive the vast majority here would love to see Shackler's Revenge receive the airplay that Oh My God did not.  If it doesn't, then that one similarity between the two songs will exist.  And that will be the only similarity between the two (except for hopefully both songs rock, haven't heard Shackler's but IMO Oh My God is very under-rated).  I read back through the previous posts here and I just don't see the bitching and moaning or "here we go again" attitude that you're talking about - just fans hoping for more!

Oh My God was sent to radio!

The song isn't even out yet and people are already talking about how things were in 1999.

It just seems like people are always complaining about something and assuming the worst.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »

He didn't say it wasnt....
He just pointed out that stations did not play it, and he hopes SR WILL get airplay IF turned in...and HOPES it will be turned in...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Im sure Shackler's will get plenty of radio play.

Im not sure why anyone would still debate Shackler's

the next thing we need to speculate on, is "WHEN the video is coming!" ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

He just pointed out that stations did not play it, and he hopes SR WILL get airplay IF turned in...and HOPES it will be turned in...

And I'm saying, the comparisons are pointless.

The only similarity is that both songs are by GN'R.  hihi

As far as we know, this is a song in a video game.

Maybe it's not supposed to be some big first single with a video etc.?

As I said, an appetizer. Something to enjoy and not over analyze until the end of the world....

the next thing we need to speculate on, is "WHEN the video is coming!" ok

See above.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »

Yeah, I know it's one of the songs in the game. Just don't get how a GN'R fan can claim it to be "just another song"...

/jarmo

For me, it all depends on if the song is good or not. If it's good than there will be excitement. If it sucks, than I'll be disappointed and it will be "just another song." Just because it's GN'R releasing a song doesn't give it any credentials that it will be a good song. That would just be very pre-mature in my opinion.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 01:07:31 PM »

Wait.

So you think GN'R has songs that suck?

Wow.

Sure, I prefer some songs over others but I wouldn't say any of them suck..... I'm not a fan of bands who put out songs that suck myself.

/jarmo

BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »

Maybe it's not supposed to be some big first single with a video etc.?

As I said, an appetizer. Something to enjoy and not over analyze until the end of the world....

Probably that is to be expected to be the case, it's just wishfull thinking i guess, maybe a fool's hope...but hope nonetheless hihi
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:11 PM »

Maybe they just want to release a song off the album that hasn't been heard before on a video game.  Then put out a single that people have heard at the concerts in 06-07.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

I think the comment about SR being an appetizer is perfectly worded. Personally I?d like to see CD as the first single and SR acting as said above, as a new song that we can enjoy and that will hopefully introduce a new segment of the population to GnR and get people hungry for more.  As to the comment of the song?s potential quality I don?t think there is any doubt that SR is another quality track from GnR although how accessible it would be as the first single VS. others is debatable.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »

Wait.

Wow.

Sure, I prefer some songs over others but I wouldn't say any of them suck..... I'm not a fan of bands who put out songs that suck myself.

/jarmo

Yes, of course. There are a handful of songs that I simply don't like. Others may really enjoy the songs and that's cool. I just don't like them.

I don't have to like every single song put out by my favorite band. I can certainly still be a fan and not feel bad or feel ashamed that I don't like every single song.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »

I think the comment about SR being an appetizer is perfectly worded. Personally I?d like to see CD as the first single and SR acting as said above, as a new song that we can enjoy and that will hopefully introduce a new segment of the population to GnR and get people hungry for more.  As to the comment of the song?s potential quality I don?t think there is any doubt that SR is another quality track from GnR although how accessible it would be as the first single VS. others is debatable.

What he said!! ^^

"The coming of Shackers Revenge is like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains"
ebarry51
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »

I'm excited for SR, video game or radio or whatever.  But I really need the whole album to come out.

After all, we don't get the free Dr. Pepper just for a single.  It needs to be the whole album.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »

Yes, of course. There are a handful of songs that I simply don't like. Others may really enjoy the songs and that's cool. I just don't like them.

Ok.

As I said, my favorite artists, that I'm a huge fan of, don't have songs that suck in my opinion. And I always buy their albums on the day of release even if I haven't heard a single note from it....

So when there's a new album out, I listen to it and enjoy it. I don't look for things that are "wrong", like some critic.

But I really need the whole album to come out.

You need oxygen, you need water, you need food....

You want the album, that's different.  hihi

/jarmo

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »

Wait.

Wow.

/jarmo

I don't have to like every single song put out by my favorite band. I can certainly still be a fan and not feel bad or feel ashamed that I don't like every single song.

Ditto, My World being a prime example IMO

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
ebarry51
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »

Is Dr. Pepper not a food/water?  My getting one depends on the release of the whole album.  Therefore, I need the whole album.   Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »

Is Dr. Pepper not a food/water?  My getting one depends on the release of the whole album.  Therefore, I need the whole album.   Tongue

I don't think GN'R should be responsible for you getting to eat and drink.  Tongue

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »

Wait.

Wow.

/jarmo

Ditto, My World being a prime example IMO

Well, i like lots of bands.. probly around 60 - 80 bands. But im wont call myself a fan of all. I can say i like them more or less.. and pic out the songs i really like, and the once i dont like that much.

10 of these bands, i may call myself a fan of. And among these there are some bands that i really care about. And these bands, i truly can say that i like all of theyr songs. But yea, you can still like one song more then another. But i never predict that i will like what this band will release in the future... Only time will tell..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: