Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose  (Read 24158 times)
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« on: September 12, 2008, 08:53:23 AM »

Just got done reading the USA Today this morning, and see that they have a "tentative" release date for CD as November 25th.  No new information in the small write-up, which is one of 12 artist (including Metallica) who they identify as having a new album (or some other release) on the horizon to  help with their "surge in critical and popular acceptance".  Just thought that they actual put a date on the release, even if it is marked as tentative, was interesting.

BTW, does everyone expect radios to pick up Shackler's Revenge come Monday since it will have been released via RB2?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »

there are 0 tuesdays left in 06 and 0 tuesdays left in 2007... and 14 tuesdays left in 2008... so I guess this might be the year.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »

I like your logic...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

I'm not sure if radio stations will start playing the song come next week.  I would think/hope so, but I don't know.  Is it common practice for radio stations to play songs off of video games, if they aren't officially released as singles?  I guess we'll find out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »

in order fro them to do that they must have a LEGAL copy of the song,
otherwise c/d letters will be handed out most probably...

so in other words, It would most probably come out on itunes if it is on the radio.. (legally)

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »

That is going to be the interesting part of this for me. We are so happy that a song is being "released" this sunday, but is it? In reality, a game is being released with 80 songs on it, and SR is just another song on this game. I for one, will not go out and buy an xbox just to hear this song which is already on the net anyaway. I remember when OMG was "released", I first heard it on the internet (thank God I dint go to jail for that crime) and I bought it the day the soundtrack came out. But that is basically where the excitement ended. No one ever mentioned it, never played on the radio, etc, so it was just another song on a sound track. I really hope this is the start of something this time, and we really get a song "released" this time. one that we hear legally on the radio and can purchase. Dont want it to be just another song out of 80 you can play in a game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:47:23 AM by freddiebrph » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »

Dont want it to be just another song out of 80 you can play in a game.

How can it be "just another song"?

I don't get it.

All this time it's been "release something!" and now it happens and you're still not happy?

It's impossible for it to be "just another song". It's a new Guns N' Roses song!

None of the other songs fall into that category!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:32 AM »

mabye he just ment that if it isnt released as a single/radio play,
it will just remain as another song in the list of 80 songs as You cant legally own it/
enjoy it without obtaining it illegally...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

Yeah, I know it's one of the songs in the game. Just don't get how a GN'R fan can claim it to be "just another song"...

They could make a video for it and it would be "just another video" you know?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:42:25 AM »

mabye he just ment that if it isnt released as a single/radio play,
it will just remain as another song in the list of 80 songs as You cant legally own it/
enjoy it without obtaining it illegally...

That is exactly what I meant. I am very excited that a game contains a new gnr song. BUT, if I dont own the game, I hope I can still hear it LEGALLY. I hope this is the start of "and here is the new single from gnr"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 10:47:36 AM »

Well they haven't announced it as a single.

And unfortunately for you, that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

It's like an appetizer.

You put out a song and the game will do the talking mostly.

People who never were into GN'R will hear the song.

Then when the main course arrives, they're hungry for more! Cheesy

/jarmo

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:24 AM »

Yeah, I know it's one of the songs in the game. Just don't get how a GN'R fan can claim it to be "just another song"...

They could make a video for it and it would be "just another video" you know?

/jarmo

Except that if they were to release a video for the song, I think that would send a strong signal that they are in fact ramping up for something.  I'm excited about it, but at this point I can see the logic in someone drawing comparisons to Oh My God.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »

I see freddiebrph's point. I sort of hoped that with RB2 coming out in a few short days that we would have heard about a true release date for this song via iTunes or some other medium. This is a very small target audience overall getting this "exclusive" and this exclusive is very limited to ingame play... Short of being an overpaid rap star with and XBox360 in my pimped out Escalade it would be tough to listen to this in the car.

Don't get me wrong this is light years ahead of where we have been over the last few years (not counting the tour etc...) so I am like a kid on Christmas, but it would be nice to have this as a track available to put on my iPod.

Plus I selfishly wish this was available for my PS3 this weekend...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 11:07:16 AM »

Except that if they were to release a video for the song, I think that would send a strong signal that they are in fact ramping up for something.  I'm excited about it, but at this point I can see the logic in someone drawing comparisons to Oh My God.

But it's not 1999 anymore!

I can't believe all this fucking moaning.....

I don't have an Xbox either!

It doesn't matter. There'll be a new song out in the public within days. That's amazing!

/jarmo

Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »

November 25 would be great...my baby boy is due that day!

And no, I already suggested Axl as a name, but the wife shot it down very quickly : )
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:56 AM »

November 25 would be great...my baby boy is due that day!

Congratulations!  Smiley

/jarmo

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 12:16:43 PM »

But it's not 1999 anymore!

I can't believe all this fucking moaning.....

I don't have an Xbox either!

It doesn't matter. There'll be a new song out in the public within days. That's amazing!

/jarmo

You can't believe that GN'R fans are anxious to hear new GN'R music in regular rotation on radio stations everywhere Huh 

Hearing new music is always great, but there's just that pride factor in hearing it on the radio or seeing a video on TV and knowing that it's reaching so many ears.  I don't think what you're hearing is "moaning" at all. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »

It would certainly be cool to hear a new GN'R song on the radio, as an official release at least Smiley

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 12:24:29 PM »

You can't believe that GN'R fans are anxious to hear new GN'R music in regular rotation on radio stations everywhere Huh 

I can. But all this "it's like Oh My God".

No it's not....

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »

I dont care if Shackler's is the first single or not only that it is the true start to the album being released.

Of course Mysteron did say it was gonna be the first single right?

SO with that logic, it has to be released to radio next week.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: