Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:49:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA Today: Candidate for Career Transition: Axl Rose  (Read 24078 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

For the record, I think My World kicks ass.   Its not meant to be taken seriously like Estranged or Locomotive.    I enjoy it for what it is.
I agree, both songs just sorta slowly grew on me, and I have developed an appreciation for them both over the years.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2008, 09:18:42 AM »

I will buy the song for a buck from Itunes but no way am I buying that game for $200 or whatever it is.
Maybe you have a friend who has it or something?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »

Did the opposite ever happen?

You bough an album based on one song, then liked the album so much that you actually went and bought the artist's other albums?

/jarmo

No.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

/Jarmo
[/quote][

What exactly about the Sunday release of Rock Band 2 are you worried about?

I'm personally EXCITED about the NEW SONG. I don't know what I should be cautious about now. I mean, I think the copies have been shipped to stores already. People will be lining up with their credit cards on Sunday.

One step at the time.

Now I'm excited about this new track.  Smiley

[/quote]

/jarmo
[/quote]

"people will be lining up Sunday with their credit cards"  They will, to buy a game. And yes, i am excited, i do support, and all the other lines some of you use. BUT, for people who love music not games (me) what does it really do for us? We are excited, happy, supportive, love axl, on board, not whining, not crying, he doesnt owe me, can release when he is ready, etc, BUT if Sunday and a few weeks go by, and music lovers cant hear it on the radio, purchase through i-tunes, then we are back to where we started. Sort of like a double edge sword. GNR are finally letting some people hear a new song, but to hear it legally you need to be a gamer, I guess we can always download it? But that would "hurt the band"? This is probably jumping the gun, we have no idea what will happen with this song. BUT if all the other songs are available to purchase, THIS SONG SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:39:25 AM by freddiebrph » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »

You bough an album based on one song, then liked the album so much that you actually went and bought the artist's other albums?

/jarmo

No.

That sucks.

I remember buying the Queens Of The Stone Age's "Songs For the Deaf" basically because I saw it in a record store and knowing Mark Lanegan was on it.

Turned out to be one of my favorite albums of that year...

And yes, i am excited, i do support, and all the other lines some of you use. BUT, for people who love music not games (me) what does it really do for us?

Well, for one the band is doing something. The thing that most of you have made comments about over the years.... You know, putting out new music.

BUT if Sunday and a few weeks go by, and music lovers cant hear it on the radio, purchase through i-tunes, then we are back to where we started. Sort of like a double edge sword. GNR are finally letting some people hear a new song, but to hear it legally you need to be a gamer, I guess we can always download it? But that would "hurt the band"? This is probably jumping the gun, we have no idea what will happen with this song. BUT if all the other songs are available to purchase, THIS SONG SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT!!!!!

Even if it's not on the radio or on iTunes, you can't change the simple fact that the song has been officially released.

Something you maybe thought would never happen?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:30 AM »

Jarmo is right

I am guilty of bitching about gnr when it looked like they were building momentum, only for it to just slip through their fingers the last second,
but this is different...

We have had comments by Axl and the management team about shacklers revenge,
and it is now clear, that gnr are using all different kinds of mediums at their disposal in order to capitalise
on the sales for chinese democracy,

Lets just be happy that the ball has started rolling..
take it 1 day at a time,
tommorow a song will be on a video game,
who knows, next week there might be a single/whatever,
these are just little stepping stones..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

/jarmo

No.

Not sure if I believe you there...

I pretty much bought all of Porcupine Tree's back catalogue after hearing a song off Fear of a Blank Planet. I love it when you 'find' a band like that...its kind of like the reverse of waiting for a new album

Here today...ready to rock
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »

Man...lots of bitching in this thread.

Here are my two cents:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

New GN'R tomorrow!  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2008, 10:39:36 AM »

/Jarmo
[

What exactly about the Sunday release of Rock Band 2 are you worried about?

I'm personally EXCITED about the NEW SONG. I don't know what I should be cautious about now. I mean, I think the copies have been shipped to stores already. People will be lining up with their credit cards on Sunday.

One step at the time.

Now I'm excited about this new track.  Smiley

[/quote]

/jarmo
[/quote]

"people will be lining up Sunday with their credit cards"  They will, to buy a game. And yes, i am excited, i do support, and all the other lines some of you use. BUT, for people who love music not games (me) what does it really do for us? We are excited, happy, supportive, love axl, on board, not whining, not crying, he doesnt owe me, can release when he is ready, etc, BUT if Sunday and a few weeks go by, and music lovers cant hear it on the radio, purchase through i-tunes, then we are back to where we started. Sort of like a double edge sword. GNR are finally letting some people hear a new song, but to hear it legally you need to be a gamer, I guess we can always download it? But that would "hurt the band"? This is probably jumping the gun, we have no idea what will happen with this song. BUT if all the other songs are available to purchase, THIS SONG SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT!!!!!
[/quote]

I have some sympathy with this point of view.

But to try and understand whats going on at the moment is difficult. So many record companies, publishing deals, record deals, band members etc etc to think of I can imagine there's a reason why they haven't said anything...so probably best just to chill out, wait a little longer and see what pans out. Thats a bit hyprocitical of me as I have downloaded the leaks but no one's perfect and I will be buying whatever comes my way (not the x-box rockband I'm afraid I'm holding out for the PS3 though). There you go some honesty hopefully I won't be arrested by the MI5 or anything

Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »

/jarmo

No.

I pretty much bought all of Porcupine Tree's back catalogue after hearing a song off Fear of a Blank Planet. I love it when you 'find' a band like that...its kind of like the reverse of waiting for a new album

It's always great to find a new band. Makes one remember how it was when you were like 13 and started to check out all the bands you had just learned about, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc.

World is full of music and some of it is actually good  Wink
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

/jarmo

No.

It's always great to find a new band. Makes one remember how it was when you were like 13 and started to check out all the bands you had just learned about, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc.

World is full of music and some of it is actually good  Wink

I think this is more difficult as you get older as there's so much you haven't heard... but you're right there's nothing like it  ok

Imagine if you're a kid and you've never heard AFD, Lies, UYI 1&2 - how cool would that be!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2008, 10:59:13 AM »

For the record, I think My World kicks ass.   Its not meant to be taken seriously like Estranged or Locomotive.    I enjoy it for what it is.

Jesus, Jarmo agrees with me and now I agree with Jim Bob..... Im not leaving the house today nervous nervous

I do like My World and I also like Silk Worms just as I love deep complex movies but then I love Superbad,Dumb and Dumber etc.

Not every song has to be a change the world, meaningful life changing piece of work.

My World is trippy,cool,different and has a lot of quotable lines.

GNR and Bon Jovi are the ony two bands where I love every single song and don't feel they have any bad ones. some are better than others but none are unlistenable garbage.

If I had to choose, nothing really jumps out. I think My World does only cause the catalog of GNR songs is so superb.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »

Jesus, Jarmo agrees with me and now I agree with Jim Bob..... Im not leaving the house today nervous nervous

I do like My World and I also like Silk Worms just as I love deep complex movies but then I love Superbad,Dumb and Dumber etc.

Not every song has to be a change the world, meaningful life changing piece of work.

My World is trippy,cool,different and has a lot of quotable lines.

GNR and Bon Jovi are the ony two bands where I love every single song and don't feel they have any bad ones. some are better than others but none are unlistenable garbage.

If I had to choose, nothing really jumps out. I think My World does only cause the catalog of GNR songs is so superb.

Can't wait to hear a studio version of Silkworms...I think the live version had some of the attitude of 'Its So Easy' but I do think they needed to work on it somewhat

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »

Shotgun Blues sucks my ass.  All bands have a few stinkers, it's nothing to get upset over.   ok
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »

Shotgun Blues sucks my ass.  All bands have a few stinkers, it's nothing to get upset over.   ok

I love shotgun blues !! what are u talking about ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »

I love shotgun blues !! what are u talking about ?

lol, opinions...gotta love em......

I haven't read the thread in its entirety, but I read the first 2 pages, and the last one...that counts, right?   hihi

I am not a gamer, so I won't be able to listen to this song "legally" tomorrow.  I hope that I will be able to get it on my Ipod soon, but I can wait Smiley 

Seeing new GNR music in a place where more of the general public can see them is an AWESOME thing.  I can only hope it's the beginning of much, much more  Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

I'm hoping for some sort of word from the band in the week to come...
it wouldnt be far fetched that they comment on the release, and feed us some more info.

it seems reasonable to expect a comment by the band. after all this IS the thing everybody's been waiting for. them not commenting would be a bad omen...

... keeping my fingers crossed.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

Well they haven't announced it as a single.

And unfortunately for you, that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

It's like an appetizer.

You put out a song and the game will do the talking mostly.

People who never were into GN'R will hear the song.

Then when the main course arrives, they're hungry for more! Cheesy

/jarmo

Didn't we all think that when OH MY GOD was released? I know I did! What year was that again?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »

Well they haven't announced it as a single.

And unfortunately for you, that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

It's like an appetizer.

You put out a song and the game will do the talking mostly.

People who never were into GN'R will hear the song.

Then when the main course arrives, they're hungry for more! Cheesy

/jarmo

Didn't we all think that when OH MY GOD was released? I know I did! What year was that again?

Was the album done back then NO !!! is the album done now YES !!!! thank you

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »

Me answering "no" is the truth.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: