Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:38:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last words to GNR before the release of S.R. "GNR Leaving the Silence!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last words to GNR before the release of S.R. "GNR Leaving the Silence!"  (Read 9875 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »

I don't have a video game system, so I hope to see a itunes release!

Seriously, I can't wait to hear this song. I love everything Axl's put out, and I'm sure this one will hit the mark as well.

Good luck Guns! We miss you, and can't wait to hear more from you!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

I thank the one who put up this web site ( Jarmo) and I'll be thankful to hear what new music there is...  yes
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:59:10 PM by Luigi » Logged

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »

Finally a new GN'R release...feels good to be able to finally reset that nine-year counter.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »

I?m waiting for the "Beginning" here!  beer
Shackler?s is gonna be the "beginning" of the earthquake! (full album)  Cool

Axl & GnfR, you?re the BEST!  peace smoking

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »

Does this mean we'll get a video for this too?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »

finally....now bring on CD!!!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »

Although I have heard what is rumored to be 'Shacklers Revenge', the fact that a new song is finally getting offically released really tickles my goiter.

It's times like these I'm glad I never got the leaks. 5 days baby!!

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 10:13:51 PM »

kudos !
I loved that part  ok
Guns N' Roses to kick some videogaming world behind wooot

Here Today..
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 10:18:41 PM »

I don't believe there's a reason...for the fans to be anything less than happy to see new GN'R hit the street  Wink

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

I've been thinking of this too ! And it's only released in USA, what about the rest of the world ?

Anyway, it is cool to think there's finally going to be something official out  Smiley

Rock Band is the USA only?   Certainly not!

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

I've been thinking of this too ! And it's only released in USA, what about the rest of the world ?

Anyway, it is cool to think there's finally going to be something official out  Smiley

Rock Band has not been released in Australia yet, let alone Rock Band 2. This sucks ass.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »

I'm such a sceptical person that I don't believe the silence will be over when Rock Band 2 is released.

Won't be my last words to the band either.   Grin

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
wadey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

Looking forward to re-birth of the best rock band of all time................maybe theres a big release just round the corner

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »

Good luck Guns N' Roses, hope this is the new beginning!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »

i am glad for g n' r really i am truely.good luck with the realease of cd too.this is a new begining all over again ,rock -on !
 ok

the one an only horsey !
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »

I meant that rest of the world gets it much later.

I wish this or something else would already hit radio. I'm fucking tired of youtube etc.
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »

Well, I've got to thank GN'R for opening my head to new sounds. The leaks opened my music taste in an amazing way. I will always be thankful for that. And it opened my head in the way that, before entering into forums and all that kind of stuff, I used to think that Axl was the bad one, the only responsable of everything, bla bla bla. So, after listening to the leaks I uderstood where Axl was going, and all that ideas of "machine music" disapeared from my mind. And I've got to thank everyone in forums that helped me realize a bit more about the reality (or at least made me get a bit closer  Grin).

I hope Axl the best. He deserves it, for all the effort, and mostly because the product has an incredible quality.

I've got to be honest. With everyone who stops and read what I say, and to myself: it's still hard for me (in fact, I still can't) to accept this band as Guns N' Roses, as a continuation of the band of the 90's. And it stopped me from opening myself to Axl's view for a long time. But I learned to manage my ideas with the fact that I loved the new tracks. I hope not to offend anyone, it's just what I think.

But both things can be convined. My thoughts about GN'R and the fact that I love this music (what I think is the important thing of all this). So I thank Axl and GN'R for that, for opening my head. Sorry I can't totaly agree with you, Axl, but know that you opened my head musicaly, and I'll always be thankful for that.

So my words for GN'R are: thank you, and go on, this hasn't started yet!

Sorry about my english, I'm from Argentina.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »

Good luck and Gods speed to the band. Hopefully the album will drop soon after rockband2 Smiley

i never had a 3rd or 4th thought that it wouldn't come out i just hope its all we want and expect it to be and then some.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 11:19:27 PM »

I'm really starting to think this song will only be released to this game, not in stores.  The first single will be "Better", followed up by "The Blues" or something else slow we haven't heard yet.  Can't wait to hear the UPDATED version of this song though!
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »

I can't say I've been waiting for this album for as long as many of the other fans. It has only been 6 years for me. I've had my highs and lows during the wait. I've had sad times and I've had great times. In some cases the eventuality of this release kept me going, as pathetic as that is. I know that "vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time" but it didn't matter to me because when I was young, Guns n Roses was MY band. Everyone has their band and GnR was mine. Every time anyone talked shit about them, I set them straight. I have zero charisma as a person except when I'm talking about Guns n Roses. The best time of my life was the first concert I ever went to on may 12th, 2006. These songs have helped me through a lot of tough times. Each and Every GnR song brings back a flood of different memories, good and bad alike. The release of this album will really be like a close to a chapter of my life. I drive around for therapeutic reasons listening to music. I cannot even begin to imagine how great of a feeling it will be to drive around listening to Chinese Democracy. It will be a great feeling to finally not be prodded by remarks like "hey, when's chinese democracy coming out?" in a snarky laughing joking manner by people. I don't know, maybe I HAVE been wasting my time, but you know what? The time is already lost, the past is the past, I can't change it. I've spent WAY too much time, effort, blood and sweat (figuratively by working my ASS off to be able to pay for show tickets and literally at the shows themselves) to just turn my back on it all just because even this band that I've devoted so much to tells me that "vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time" (line from my favorite song too). All my life I have had a bad habit of never seeing things through. Well, I'm going to see this one through, I'm not going to give up the excitement I feel at the mere thought of hearing this album upon its release. Now enough of my shit...

...I'm going out on a limb by saying that no matter what, GnR can rest assured that they have the most devoted fans in the world. We all gripe, argue, curse each other out, talk shit about the band, disagree with each other and how the band treats its fans, and the list goes on. But I dare anyone to find another family that's fucking picture perfect and not dysfunctional in the least. The release of this song is not just another song to us, it really is the breaking of a nearly decade long silence. Non GnR fans won't know what that means.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:50:45 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: