Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last words to GNR before the release of S.R. "GNR Leaving the Silence!"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last words to GNR before the release of S.R. "GNR Leaving the Silence!"  (Read 9866 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: September 08, 2008, 10:33:21 PM »

Its been a long time.. 1999 was the last time GnR released an official song. But this time it is for real.
I cant say how much i have appreciate beeing a fan of Guns N Roses. And how much i look forward to this new song beeing released!

5 Days left til we hear Shacklers Revenge!!

Please, put your wishes and good luck to Axl and Guns N Roses here, before the song is released .
How much does this mean to you GNR people out there? To me this means alot!

-----------------

Good Luck Guns N`Roses! Hope to see you soon! And i wish you all well with the new song! Cant wait to hear it!!
Its been a hell of a ride! But i NEVER had second doubts!!!
Go Axl!

Love Nytunz!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »

I'd be lying my ass off if I said half that--lol. 

But it's been great fun, thanks to the band and the fans.  One of the best times I ever had.  Best of luck guys.  Hope to see you soon.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »

That was really very thoughtful of you Nytunz. I have to agree with all you have mentioned, and would also like to add my own thanks to the band as well. This is a huge moment for all of us fans, and surely for the band as well.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »

Dear Guns N' Roses,

Your hard work is going to make Nytunz very happy.  He's been eagerly anticipating this moment since July.  I hope children around the world have a difficult time passing the song because it is too awesome for their little fingers.  Here's to a successful launch and a brighter tomorrow.
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:34:32 PM »

Although I have heard what is rumored to be 'Shacklers Revenge', the fact that a new song is finally getting offically released really tickles my goiter.
ben9785
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »

I hope this is the beginning of better things to come. Thanks for the new song GNR, it is truly a gift for me.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 03:38:28 AM »

I'm such a sceptical person that I don't believe the silence will be over when Rock Band 2 is released. Thats just me though.

At least there will be kids (and grown up kids) all over the world singing and jumping around their living rooms to the tune of a new gnr track and finally an official song that I hope the band are proud of.  beer

Here today...ready to rock
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:19 AM »

good luck gnr

hopefully this is just a taste of something that we will hear more off later THIS year..

kudos !

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 05:48:17 AM »

May the force be with you...always!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »

Either way it has been a long strange road. And I have injoyed every mili! Good luck guys, you have earned it all. I hope you get it!!
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 06:22:07 AM »

Dear Gn'r, Please don't take another 9 years to release another song.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 07:21:36 AM »

Its been a long time.. 1999 was the last time GnR released an official song. But this time it is for real.
I cant say how much i have appreciate beeing a fan of Guns N Roses. And how much i look forward to this new song beeing released!

5 Days left til we hear Shacklers Revenge!!

Please, put your wishes and good luck to Axl and Guns N Roses here, before the song is released .
How much does this mean to you GNR people out there? To me this means alot!

-----------------

Good Luck Guns N`Roses! Hope to see you soon! And i wish you all well with the new song! Cant wait to hear it!!
Its been a hell of a ride! But i NEVER had second doubts!!!
Go Axl!

Love Nytunz!

Good shout Nytunz!! Hope your well my man!!!

Mike

Oh God not another cock sucking thread! The band dont really give a fuck what we think.

You seem like an intelligent fella, with your well thought out post!! Nice and positive!!

Mike

Annie
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »

I can't wait to hear the new song! I know it will be great!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »

In honor of the release, I wore my GnR jacket for a smoke today.

Alright, I wore it because it was cold.

But in all seriousness

IT'S ABOUT F'N TIME AXL!!!! We love you man...lol

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Jada
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

I can't really top that first post so I'm just gonna say:
Thanks gnr!  peace
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

I've been thinking of this too ! And it's only released in USA, what about the rest of the world ?

Anyway, it is cool to think there's finally going to be something official out  Smiley
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

i thought i read somewhere it would be available for download through Rockband or after Rockbands release?

i hope so anyways, i aint droppin 200 bones on Rockband

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »

I'm sure once it's out, you won't need links to find it - it will be everywhere.  Hopefully on iTunes as well, but if not, you'll still be able to find it easily on your own.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »

So how can we hear shackler's if we don't have the game?  Will links be allowed?

i thought i read somewhere it would be available for download through Rockband or after Rockbands release?

Couple of us tried to clear this up in the main thread, but I'll restate it here for anyone confused (and I don't blame non-gamers for being confused, since the term "download" is often used without specificity :

1. Rockband "downloads" (DLC, or Downloadable Content) are not audio files; they are game data, in which the audio is embedded, in a proprietary format. You can't download an audio file "through Rockband" and play it on your PC or MP3 player;
2. Shackler's won't be available for Rockband downloads, anyway, since it is on the retail disc.
3. IF Shackler's is made available in for download/purchase in MP3 format (say, through iTunes), it'll have nothing to do with Rockband, apart from the release date. Such a release makes sense, but (to my knowledge) has not been confirmed yet.

All that said: As soon as the game is officially released, you can expect dozens of Shackler's videos to hit youtube, either in game format, or in straight audio format from the jukebox function. And as this is an official release, I would imagine links to these videos will be permitted. You won't have trouble hearing the song.

On topic: Good luck, GNR.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:31:28 AM by DoctorNo » Logged

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: