Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R - Soundtrack to my life
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R - Soundtrack to my life  (Read 2247 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« on: September 03, 2008, 06:36:57 PM »

Guys & Dolls, I am one of the prodigal fans that lost touch with the band 1994 to 2006...I was 1/4 mile from Boston show in '02 and didn't know they were playing until I read about it in the paper...I didn't even buy Spag, and wasn't surprised at all when Slash very publicly pulled the pin.  My point here though, is that AFD/Lies/UYI was the soundtrack to my life from 1987 thru 1994...every time I hear a song off those albums it brings me to a specific space and time in my memory.  I 'went country' - for a few years, since rock went comatose no, but never let GNR fall below 3rd in the CD changer (usually battling AC/DC BiB/live or Metallica Black).  I would love to read your Gn'R 'soundtrack moment'.

The one that hits me all the time is Coma...I was wasted, at a friends place with a bunch of party nuts I didn't know...151 and coke...anyway, some genius gave me a cigar and lit it...somewhere in the shuffle Coma starts playing.  One of the people there pointed out to me that I was eating the lit end of the cigar, and I of course immediately 'bolted' to the bathroom.  As legless as I was, I ended up on the kitchen floor, and blew chunks...as I am slipping around in it trying to get up I hear that mean baseline and 'shock the SOB again'.  That toilet and I shared some special moments that night!  As little as I remember from that night, I always flash right back there - slipping in my own puke - every time I hear it.  Would make a great video drool.  Strangely, Coma is  still a favorite of mine.  Whats yours?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »

That toilet and I shared some special moments that night!  As little as I remember from that night, I always flash right back there - slipping in my own puke - every time I hear it. 

sounds like a magical evening hihi

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »

Approximately 1986, in between games of a softball tournament, my wife & I were sitting with some people "getting ready" for the next game & on MTV they were playing "WTJ" and my wife said "I went to high school with them". Low & behold it was Ax & Izzy. I didn't think much of it at that time, but that's when I became a fan. 

Poorlakers
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »

Went to HS with them?  She could probably tell some story's that would make it worth buying a 'new' Gn'R book.  Cool man.  beer

poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »

Grade school & portions of H.S., One story was about Bill getting stuffed in a locker! Don't want to be mean, but it's a fact.

Poorlakers
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »

So nobody lost their virginity to Rocket Queen...crashed first car to Nighttrain?

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

Went to HS with them?  She could probably tell some story's that would make it worth buying a 'new' Gn'R book.  Cool man.  beer

my good friends mom went to high school with Axl and Izzy....I scanned a yearbook picture a few years ago and posted it up here.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »

lost my virginity to scom during the paris pay-per-view. 

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:37:19 PM »

For some strange reason 'It's so easy' puts me back in my old '83 Camaro driving down the dirt road leaving the Golf Course I worked at during High School...I have no idea why...nothing cool/traumatic happened.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:39:23 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

Annie
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »

The night I lost my virginity was one of the greatest disappointments of my life, but a few hours before it happened I was watching the November Rain video with Robbie and his friends and I was so turned on by Axl that  I was writhing around on the floor. He and his friends just stared at me. I said, just look at Axl, he is so beautiful, the hair, the lips, the eyes. Come to think of It, Robbie was the guy who introduced me to GNR.
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »

my good friends mom went to high school with Axl and Izzy....I scanned a yearbook picture a few years ago and posted it up here.

got a link to them?  havent seen those yet....

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
ben9785
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:24 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" is probably going to be the soundtrack to the rest of my life lol
I've neglected so many years of interest in other bands just repeating clips of new songs
Annie
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 01:22:48 PM »

Guys & Dolls, I am one of the prodigal fans that lost touch with the band 1994 to 2006...I was 1/4 mile from Boston show in '02 and didn't know they were playing until I read about it in the paper...I didn't even buy Spag, and wasn't surprised at all when Slash very publicly pulled the pin.  My point here though, is that AFD/Lies/UYI was the soundtrack to my life from 1987 thru 1994...every time I hear a song off those albums it brings me to a specific space and time in my memory.  I 'went country' - for a few years, since rock went comatose no, but never let GNR fall below 3rd in the CD changer (usually battling AC/DC BiB/live or Metallica Black).  I would love to read your Gn'R 'soundtrack moment'.

The one that hits me all the time is Coma...I was wasted, at a friends place with a bunch of party nuts I didn't know...151 and coke...anyway, some genius gave me a cigar and lit it...somewhere in the shuffle Coma starts playing.  One of the people there pointed out to me that I was eating the lit end of the cigar, and I of course immediately 'bolted' to the bathroom.  As legless as I was, I ended up on the kitchen floor, and blew chunks...as I am slipping around in it trying to get up I hear that mean baseline and 'shock the SOB again'.  That toilet and I shared some special moments that night!  As little as I remember from that night, I always flash right back there - slipping in my own puke - every time I hear it.  Would make a great video drool.  Strangely, Coma is  still a favorite of mine.  Whats yours?
I forgot to post this before. AXL totally nails what it is like to run a code I.E. resuscitate a patient who has gone into cardiac arrest in COMA.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:37:30 PM by Annie » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »

You're telling me NOBODY else has a Gn'R soundtrack moment in their life???  I must be nuts...every damn song I hear ALWAYS reminds me of some particular moment of my life...Axl help me!

Jada
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »

This isn't really a specific moment, but every time I got into a fight with my ex, I'd hear Patience on the radio afterwards. It would be playing on the bus or in the car, or at some cafe where I went to cool off. It was really weird and it happened like ten times. One time it started playing in the car just as I left home, and I turned the radio off because I didn't want to hear it. And I never turn the radio off when they're playing gnr! But I was so angry with my ex.

smoking
bonehillGNRfan1
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »

Well many o times was i wasted and i listend to GnR and i have these "Flash backs" when i here the songs sometimes, i lost my viginity to November Rain beleive it or not, but that was a fuckign brilliant experience, i got wasted to welcome to the jungle Paradise city, coma, breakdown, Mr Brownstone and lots more, those were the days,

Annie
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

You're telling me NOBODY else has a Gn'R soundtrack moment in their life???  I must be nuts...every damn song I hear ALWAYS reminds me of some particular moment of my life...Axl help me!
Truer words have not been spoken.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: