Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff & Slash at Reckless Road signing Wed. 9/3​
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff & Slash at Reckless Road signing Wed. 9/3​  (Read 3797 times)
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« on: September 03, 2008, 04:33:39 AM »

There​ will be a book signi​ng after​ the Slash​ Sessi​ons on Wed. 9/3 at Guita​r Cente​r North​ridge​.​ Slash​,​ Duff,​ and like 14 other​ peopl​e from the book will be there​ to sign.​ It's going​ to be a big bash!​!​ 19510​ Nordh​off st North​ridge​ Ca. 91324​ 7pm is the Sessi​ons and 9pm is the book signi​ng.​ If you live near Los Angel​es come say hello​.​ Reckl​ess Road the book cover​s the birth on the band the first​ 50 gigs from the Sunse​t Strip​

recklessroad.com
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »

Thanks for the update, Smiley  however the format in which you wrote this in is most annoying to read. Tongue

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »

'Guitar Center Sessions' Presents: An Evening With SLASH - Aug. 19, 2008

Guitar Center has announced the next installment of Guitar Center Sessions: An evening of dialogue and insight with former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash. This exclusive event is powered by Real Deal Media, Gibson, and Ernie Ball and will be taking place on September 3 at the Guitar Center in Northridge, California beginning at 6:00 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Following the "GC Sessions", Slash will be signing copies of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction" which was written by Marc Canter, the owner/manager of the legendary rock 'n' roll hangout Canter's Deli in Los Angeles.

Designed to provide informative, provocative conversation and hands-on tutorials, "GC Sessions" serves as an incubator for musicians, providing them an opportunity to network with their peers in an intimate setting and gain career-fostering advice from their heroes.

For more information, log onto www.guitarcenter.com/sessions.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103142

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:28:58 AM »

Thanks for the update, Smiley  however the format in which you wrote this in is most annoying to read. Tongue

Oh come on now..... no
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »

actually he was there with Steve Adler
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »

SLASH Takes Part In 'Guitar Center Sessions' In Northridge; Video Available - Sep. 4, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash took part in the latest installment of Guitar Center Sessions last night (Wednesday, September 3) at the Guitar Center in Northridge, California. This exclusive event was free and open to the public. Following the "GC Sessions", Slash signed copies of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction" which was written by Marc Canter, the owner/manager of the legendary rock 'n' roll hangout Canter's Deli in Los Angeles.

Designed to provide informative, provocative conversation and hands-on tutorials, "GC Sessions" serves as an incubator for musicians, providing them an opportunity to network with their peers in an intimate setting and gain career-fostering advice from their heroes.

Watch video footage from last night's Guitar Center Sessions with Slash below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104079

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

Interview
Slash

Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:26:28

Would you say your session for Guitar Center and the release of Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses and the Making of Appetite for Destruction  will bring fans closer to your music than ever before? Do you feel like there's a correlation at all between them?

With the sessions thing I was actually reluctant because I didn't know what it was going to be like. I still don't really know what I'm going to do [Laughs]. If you can interact with people and if they're even interested, they can hear whatever I have to say as directly as possible this way. It seems cool to go out and provide that. I'm so used to being supplemented in fucking print articles or on the Internet. Things turn bassackwards and such. The closer that you can get to your audience the better. As far as Reckless Road goes, that's not my book at all. It's Marc Canter's book. It's a Guns N' Roses book, and he's been my friend since time began. That's his pictorial history that he had and he wanted to release and that he's supporting.

You get so much closer to your audience with both though.

When I was a kid, for any of my favorite bands, you couldn't find something that was behind-the-scenes. When Led Zeppelin first came out, they had their publicity shots. No one either allowed it or no one cared enough to get all the behind-the-scenes footage of their first rehearsals or this, that or the other thing. It's the same for a lot of my favorite bands. I don't think anybody's got a pictorial history that comprehensive of when a band first started as we do with Reckless Road. So it's really cool.

Your playing is so based on feel and attitude. Would you say this is going to be different from most other clinics in terms of vibe?

Well, I haven't done it yet [Laughs]. Have you been to other clinics like Dave Mustaine's? I haven't. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll just roll with it, and we'll see how it comes out. They asked me if I'd play, and I was like, "No." [Laughs] It's because I'm a very shy guitar player. If you put me out in front of a bunch of people just playing by myself, I'm very insecure. So I was like, "No, I don't want to have to play if people are watching!" So I'll probably give some anecdotes and tell a couple stories that they haven't heard elsewhere.

What are some of the best gateway riffs for kids to learn first?

Fuck, Deep Purple's "Smoke On the Water" has got to be the most priceless gateway guitar riff that's ever been written. You can't deny that. There are key riffs that help you. There are things that you're attracted to, and you'll say, "I want to sound like that." There's a riff somewhere in there that will help you step in that direction you want to go.

As a musician, you've always had that '70s maverick aesthetic. There was a sense in the '70s that anything was possible artistically, and that boundless mentality is inherent in your playing. Do you think that this clinic will promote that vibe?

"Maverick aesthetic," that's heavy! Anyway, that's the thing. There's really not that much to talk about when it comes to that. I'm playing a hell of a lot these days. Even when I really pay attention to what I'm doing, there is no real rhyme or reason to why and how I do it. It's just what I go for and what I try to accomplish from what I'm hearing in my head or whatever. I don't have a systematic approach or a methodical, conceptual idea as to how it should be done, so it's sort of ambiguous [Laughs].

It's from the heart though.

It is from the heart, which is why I can't pick up the guitar and just do blazing things because there's nothing to inspire it. It's got to come from somewhere else.

It's important for kids to experience that natural, creative process in something like your session here because it's been lost on a lot of the young audience. People still go back to Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses because the music was natural.

I think the roots of what it's all about have been so diluted in this industry. I think it's easy to forget why anybody does anything. The funny thing is, people are focused on trying to make a lot of money based on this process that doesn't necessarily work. There's an army and a legion of kids out there that are dying to do the real thing, and the industry won't give it to them. The kids have to get it in Guitar Hero now, which is fine?at least there's an outlet. It seems like they go, "Maybe we need to rethink this." They're just so pigheaded. Eventually the people take over, and they'll change the business. That's probably what's going to happen next. Hopefully?

?Rick Florino
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,4788358,00.html

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »

A little more information on the guitar sessions and book signing.

Participating in the book signing was Slash, Steven Adler, Mike Clink, Tom Zutaut, Vicky Hamilton and Adriana Smith.

Photos here at Steven Adler's MySpace:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=169850044&albumId=1672803

Some videos:

Slash Pt.1 Guitar Center Sessions Northridge 9/3/08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeXkhQW-Qr4

Slash Pt.2 Guitar Centers' Sessions Northridge 9/3/08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DzaCPZIEQ

Slash talks about Welcome to the Jungle at Guitar Center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCW5O1UZCHI

Slash at Guitar Center playing Sweet Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XDfMK_26c

Slash and Marc Canter will be on Rock Line on September 29th live. The show will be reaired on October 1st.

http://www.rocklineradio.com/

Edit to add:

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash and Marc Canter, author of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction", will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, September 29 and Wedesday, October 1 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with the duo by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:54:21 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

Well that was one awkward interview... hihi

Robert Ortiz Talks Music, Motivation and Hair With Slash!

After years of being compared to Slash, Robert Ortiz of Escape The Fate had the opportunity to interview the man himself, face to face!

http://escapethefate.buzznet.com/user/video/play/3524271/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

SLASH: High-Quality Video Footage, Photos From 'Guitar Center Sessions' Posted Online - Sep. 11, 2008

Guitar Center has posted high-quality video footage and photos of the September 3, 2008 installment of Guitar Center Sessions featuring former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash. This exclusive event, which was held at the Guitar Center in Northridge, California, was free and open to the public. Following the "GC Sessions", Slash ? along with ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, former Geffen Records executive Tom Zutaut and producer Mike Clink ? signed copies of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction" which was written by Marc Canter, the owner/manager of the legendary rock 'n' roll hangout Canter's Deli in Los Angeles.

More photos of the signing session can be found on Adler's MySpace page.

Links here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104560

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »

SLASH, 'Reckless Road' Book Author On 'Rockline'; Audio Available - Oct. 2, 2008

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash and Marc Canter, author of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction", were the featured guests on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, September 29. The program is now available for streaming at this location:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106045

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »

SLASH: High-Quality Video Footage, Photos From 'Guitar Center Sessions' Posted Online - Sep. 11, 2008

Guitar Center has posted high-quality video footage and photos of the September 3, 2008 installment of Guitar Center Sessions featuring former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash. This exclusive event, which was held at the Guitar Center in Northridge, California, was free and open to the public. Following the "GC Sessions", Slash ? along with ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, former Geffen Records executive Tom Zutaut and producer Mike Clink ? signed copies of the book "Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses & The Making Of Appetite For Destruction" which was written by Marc Canter, the owner/manager of the legendary rock 'n' roll hangout Canter's Deli in Los Angeles.

More photos of the signing session can be found on Adler's MySpace page.

Links here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104560

Awesome Videos!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: