Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:16:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An Idea!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Idea!  (Read 7038 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« on: September 02, 2008, 10:24:47 AM »

Here's the thing; the GN'R community, at the moment, is a bit fucked up.  A lot of shit has gone down and it has created somewhat of a division.  But what if we all decided to put our differences aside, and as a community of Fans we stood up and said that each and everyone of us will buy 2 copies of Chinese Democracy each.  We do it to show our support...whether we downloaded leaks or not.  the GN'R community comes together and shows that we support this band.  How many bands out there can say that their fan base are that fuckin' crazy!    If everyone is passionate about Axl, the band and the music that it shouldn't be an issue.  If the album drops by the end of the year the second copy could be a great present to someone to introduce them to the new Guns!...or a back-up copy for when you out-play the shit of the first copy.
But how cool would it be for the fans of Guns N' Roses, who, after 10 years of waiting say "We're not buying one copy of Chinese Democracy...we're buying two!"
In the Age of Downloading motherfuckers...it'd be a pretty sweet thing to do! You decide!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:12 AM »

I'm down.  Now if they just give us that chance.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

The real fans will buy the album, they support the band.

All these other people who often get confused for fans are just people who like the music. Obviously there's no real support for the band from them. Often the opposite.

Look at the definition of the word:

# S: (n) sports fan, fan, rooter (an enthusiastic devotee of sports)
# S: (n) fan, buff, devotee, lover (an ardent follower and admirer)

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:50 AM »

i'm problably gonna buy more than 2 copies.

they should release it in different covers, like contraband,

that way there'd be a justification for more than one purchase, but i'll def buy more than one copy

Chinese Democracy!
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:53:32 AM »

All these other people who often get confused for fans are just people who like the music. Obviously there's no real support for the band from them. Often the opposite.

/jarmo

Agree, I have two copies of each album from GNR and LP.

For Chinese Democracy i will get 2 copies from Mexico and 1 from the states.

GO AXL!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:36 AM »

that way there'd be a justification for more than one purchase, but i'll def buy more than one copy

You get the European version, then you can get the UK one as well.... On top of that, the US version, the Japanese version.

iTunes (if they have an iTunes exclusive like many albums do)....

Vinyl maybe?

That's just the "regular" album. If they release some kind of limited edition, you'll have to get that as well.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

You get the European version, then you can get the UK one as well.... On top of that, the US version, the Japanese version.

Vinyl maybe?

That's just the "regular" album. If they release some kind of limited edition, you'll have to get that as well.  Grin

/jarmo

I wish they release Vynil, i love them, the only one im missing is AFD.  If they release it in Vynil i will get it too!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »

IMO that just fucks over the fans.  I don't want to buy four copies of the same exact thing just because it comes in different sleeves.

What's even worse is when record companies put a different "bonus" song on like each of the four copies.  I don't want to have to buy four copies just to get those four songs.  That's NOT a bonus!!!  Quite the opposite, I think it would make most people look for a way to download those songs illegally.

I'm all for bonus material, dual discs, etc. and would gladly pay extra for those BUT I'm totally against those astronomically priced limited-quantity version because that's just like them spitting in the face of the "regular" fans.  I hate these two-faced artists that say shit like "it's not about the money" and then turn around and make like only 2000 copies of a "limited edition" version of their album available for some ridiculous amount of money.  What about the rest of the fans??   Everything (every version) should be available to EVERY FAN at a reasonable price.

If the material is any good, it'll sell itself.   

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »

i usually only buy one at a time as necessary; for example, before compact fiscs became the prevalent form of audio, I must have bought AFD between 6-8 times out of necessity because I listened to it so much I wore out the tape; and to a lesser extent, UYI's.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

I think as soon as the cd is released and radio stations star spinning those songs.....anyone who is into hard rock is going to get turned on to it. And as you know their are many, many hard rock fans out there. They are waiting (including me) for something other than 70% of what's out there. I'm actually hoping of a re-vevolution of hard rock/metal bands to come back from the 15 year holiday and put the Billboard back in it's place. At this point I'll even go see Ratt and Cinderella in concert......... rofl
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:36 AM »

Vinyl maybe?

/jarmo

I wish they release Vynil, i love them, the only one im missing is AFD.  If they release it in Vynil i will get it too!

You'll be able to get AFD in vinyl next week:
http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/aug/07GNR_Appetite_for_Vinyl.shtml

As for the new LP, I'll at the very least have one to keep at home and one to keep in the car . . .
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »

/jarmo

It's interesting that I never really bothered to consider the actual definition of the word "fan" before a couple of days ago.  I was surprised by what I found:

1  : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator   2  : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans> 

From Merriam-Webster's.

It's interesting that the word "enthusiastic" is the definitions in some form.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Well maybe I'm not a real fan as I like the band for the music but anyway I'm planning to buy one for myself and one for each  friend that is new to this band. And I'd love different versions.  Grin so that I can do like, this sleeve/bonus  fits this friend and that one is for the other friend... Grin

But don't make light of regular fans. it's always the masses that makes huge sales of GNR class.
You don't probably see more than a handful of forum fans in the 10s of thousands of people at a gnr show.
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

Vinyl maybe?

/jarmo

Vinyl  drool

Oh id love for them to release it on vinyl, and im sorta hoping they do what Velvet Revolver (sorry to mention here) did and release different bonus versions a fw months later, yeahi know its money grabbing, but fans like me love that shit, i forget how many different contraband albums i have, possibly 5-6 if not more

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »

im not a collector...i'll buy one copy...even if it is released with multiple covers

i'll just pic the coolest one of the bunch  ok

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »

I'm onboard!

You're right about the divisions in the fan base. It's sad, but a lot of great GNR fan sites have died in the last couple of years. Lack of news, lack of interest has killed a lot of sites. It's too bad, guys that have been around since the infancy of Internet GNR fan sites are gone.

Jarmo has kept this one going to his credit, and a lot of the folks here are dedicated. However, if the album doesn't drop, even Here Today ... could be facing a drop-off in interest. Especially when some of the big news is stuff that's not appropriate for sharing here. HTGTH has reasons for not discussing those things, including I think, wanting to keep the discussion to things that are legitimate. I can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of the problem (not to mention avoiding potential visits from the FBI, like guys discussed in other threads!)
The problem is that legitimate news and happenings are so scarce anymore, that I think people are losing faith.

But things are looking up overall.  When it comes out, you bet. Two copies. One for work, one for home!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »

It's sad, but a lot of great GNR fan sites have died in the last couple of years. Lack of news, lack of interest has killed a lot of sites.

That's always been the case.

People start web sites, it's exciting at first, but then some get bored, get new interests or just don't have the time to keep the site running.

Among GN'R fans, back in the 90s, a lot of people started GN'R sites. Then a few years later, everyone started a forum. Nowadays it seems like everybody has a blog, not just GN'R fans.

/jarmo

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

That's always been the case.

People start web sites, it's exciting at first, but then some get bored, get new interests or just don't have the time to keep the site running.

Among GN'R fans, back in the 90s, a lot of people started GN'R sites. Then a few years later, everyone started a forum. Nowadays it seems like everybody has a blog, not just GN'R fans.

/jarmo

Oh yeah. They're always the flash in the pans.

No, I mean there have been some that have been around a long, long time that have gone away, or on hiatus in the last year. It's kinda scary.

Hopefully when CD comes out, some of those will come back. I'm just afraid that a declining number of fan sites may mean that the dedicated fan base is dwindling.  Unbelievers!

Hey, Jarmo, can I ask you a personal question? How many copies of CD are you gonna buy?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

Hey, Jarmo, can I ask you a personal question? How many copies of CD are you gonna buy?

That all depends on the formats it's gonna be out on etc.

/jarmo

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »

I would guess that for all of his  work, GNR management will be sending Jarmo a copy of ChiDem.
I will be buying one copy of the album.It would be awesome if they pulled a Metallica and released a limited edition box set with a CD of demos, a DVD,etc.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: