Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Awsome GnR tidbit from Opeth back in 2006
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awsome GnR tidbit from Opeth back in 2006  (Read 2658 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: August 27, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »

Yeah, Opeth talked to Sebastian Bach and got a special way to see GNR play Novarock
(Opeth is a big metalband from Sweeden)

More memories? Well, we played in Austria, Vienna at some festival...can?t remember the name right now. We?d been delayed and rushed to get to the festival site in time for the show. As we got there I saw the guys from Tool come in and all sorts of musicians.

We we?re in such a rush we had to run from the car into our dressing room and get ready for the show. As we?re walking on stage there?s 2 guys standing there... one of which is Sebastian Bach, the other one his drummer Bobby Jarzombek. I used to be a big Skid row fan so I was like "Wow"! He came up to me and introduced himself and just went totally "Bach-ish" on me. If you know who he is, you?ll know what I mean. He?s standing on the side of the stage for our entire show, headbanging and giving us the horn and all that stuff. Awesome! I dedicated a song to him as well.

Later he invited us to his bus for a beer, so myself and Mendez went there. It was one of "the" greatest moments. I laughed so hard it?s unbelievable. Baz is complelety insane and the sharpest comedian in rock! He?s hi-5?ing us every 2 minutes and just keep telling all these stories. It was a fucking party! Lovely guy! If I could have one extravagant party I?d invite Baz to be the fucking toastmaster! He also said "You guys are coming with me to see Guns n? fucking Roses from the side of the stage". I?m like...."Yeah, right!". I didn?t really believe that was happening or was possible at all. But sure enough, come stage time for Guns, Baz comes to pick us up, walks us past the 4 guard stations (for real!) and we?re in!

Here we are, watching Axl come out a metre from us waving at Me, Mendez, Baz, Adam and Justin from Tool + Izzy Stradlin. Insane!

I remember when we passed the last guard station Baz was walking in front of us, and he?s a tall motherfucker, like a gazelle...he turned round and said "Who?s the man?". And I said, "You are, dude!".

Source: http://www.opeth.com/index.php/biography/show/tpl/chapter-xi-2

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »

haha this is awesome headbanger

thanks for posting
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »

That was a great share!! Nice!! Ultimately what a great night that turned out to be.  Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Wink

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »

Opeth are awesome...if you haven't heard them try Blackwater Park or Deliverance...great songs

Here today...ready to rock
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »

i dont like opeth so much, i think they're a bit boring, but the singer recorded one of the Bloodbath albuns and its great, u guys should check it out, if u havent already! Tongue

oh, i know this isnt the right place or anything but i gotta do this somewhere... Warrel Dane, lead singer from nevermore, released a solo album that kicks ass... i always loved nevermore, but with his solo album, Warrel Dane placed himself at the No 2 greatest singer and lyricist, behind ol' Ax of course  Cheesy
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 11:12:26 AM »

Opeth are awesome...if you haven't heard them try Blackwater Park or Deliverance...great songs

well said, these are true masterpieces

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

They sure are.. i could see them opening for GNR in the future.. Wink

So, imagine that.. Danny Carey and Justin from Tool on the side of the stage watching GNR together with the Opeth folks and Izzy Stradlin..! I belive Tool played right before GNR at this festival. 4 security posts.. wow! thats tight.. Love the quote when Bach goes "whos the man"  rofl

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:40:51 AM »

Meh, Face of Melinda and To Bid You Farewell are far betteR. smoking

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 09:59:35 AM »

AWESOME STORY.THANKS FOR SHARING IT.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: