Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:08:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 180141 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #860 on: March 14, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »

That he's not going to jail

"Classic Rock" and "Kerrang!" said he was more likely to get probation/suspended sentence.

and that he's been bragging about the incident.

Got to his website.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #861 on: March 14, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »

Who is he bragging to?  The internet dorks that read his blog (no offense if this is any of you)?  'Cause til it was posted here I never saw a thing about it.

This needs to be put to bed already.

GNR needs to just tour already in support of this thing and hopefully get some more sales by having more folks hear the music live.  
suicide
VIP

« Reply #862 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »

I downloaded the leaks and already bought 3 copies of Chinese Democracy (normal cd, deluxe edition and LP) + some singles. So they can reduce the total amount of downloads by another 3.

As part of the 28-year-old Cogill's guilty plea, he informed the authorities that he received the music online and unsolicited ? a confession Missakian said might pave the way for more "targets" to be prosecuted.

He should reveal who gave him the music in the first place, that person is the real rat! I bet he's still cool with Axl, maybe the band doesn't even know who leaked the tracks.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #863 on: March 14, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »

Person who gave him the tracks is most likely someone who works with the band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #864 on: March 14, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »

na more likely someone who used to work with him.

It's not the band who went after the blogger. Axl then said they were more interested to find out how he got the leaks.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #865 on: March 14, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »

He said he got it from a source from Universal.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #866 on: March 14, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »

yea he used to work for universal.  (what's this convo? hihi)
GNRFAN20
« Reply #867 on: March 14, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »

Hard to say who really did it as it could be anyone.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #868 on: March 14, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »

after a few years in the GNR world, I tend to take what the media says without specifying their source with a pinch of salt.

He said he got it from a source from Universal.

if so, it can't be anyone else.  Huh
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #869 on: March 14, 2009, 02:21:45 PM »

And that has to do with downloading how??

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GNRFAN20
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »

The person who gave the guy the 9 songs should just confess. End this for good.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »

The reality is the real movie pirates that sell stolen movies are in China but the RIAA won't go after them because the U.S. government owes China billions of dollars. 

that doesn't seem to make sense to me either. It's not like the pirates in china lent money to RIAA, innit? Huh

anyway lets get back to the topic.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »

Some of you still don't seem to get the fact that this guy had no right to post GN'R's work on his site whenever he felt like it.

He premiered songs that were not his to premiere in the first place.

GN'R and the record company wanted the public to hear Chinese Democracy in November 2008. Not months before due to some guy running a blog.

Many of you have admitted that these leaks ruined the surprise for you. How do you set a price on that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »

I downloaded the leaks and already bought 3 copies of Chinese Democracy (normal cd, deluxe edition and LP) + some singles. So they can reduce the total amount of downloads by another 3.

Why are youze (not just suicide) confessing to this shit?  Just because you eventually bought a copy or copies of the album, do youze seriously think it's "cool" with the band that you stoled stuff from them that they didn't want released?  Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #874 on: March 14, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »

Some of you still don't seem to get the fact that this guy had no right to post GN'R's work on his site whenever he felt like it.

He premiered songs that were not his to premiere in the first place.

GN'R and the record company wanted the public to hear Chinese Democracy in November 2008. Not months before due to some guy running a blog.

Many of you have admitted that these leaks ruined the surprise for you. How do you set a price on that?

/jarmo

Jarmo, I don't think anyone is proposing that the man is not insanely guilty and probably cost the band god knows how much money in sales.

Personally, all I am saying is let the punishment fit the crime.  Imprisoning him and costing people who had nothing to do with what he did money just doesn't seem like a great idea to me. 

The judge should sentence him to show up at every one of the band's shows and before they come on he should have to get up on stage and say "Hey all, I'm the asswipe who out and out stole money from these guys."  Arm the crowd with some rotten fruit and viola. 

Of course we all bought the album even if we downloaded the leaks but I would be hard pressed to say that everyone else did and sadly, the sales have shown that.  The music biz is in a sad state these days and unfortunately I don't expect that will turn around any time soon.
makane
Legend

« Reply #875 on: March 14, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »

Why are youze (not just suicide) confessing to this shit?  Just because you eventually bought a copy or copies of the album, do youze seriously think it's "cool" with the band that you stoled stuff from them that they didn't want released?  Huh
Do you seriously think the band blames the fans who've followed them god knows how long for downloading shit they thought might be all they ever get?
In my sane mind i'd like to think they blame the source for the consequences.

It's like if someone stole your money, then left it on the street and a homeless person took it, who would you blame?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:20:12 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #876 on: March 14, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »

one of the rare issues Jarmo and I are on the same page with

If someone stole your car what would happen?  Would u want them to just get a slap on the wrist?

What people fail to realize is, stealing music is theft just like anything else.

For some reason people feel they are entitled to it and don't realize what they are doing is wrong.

Hey, I have done it a shit load myself, so I am guilty and admit that what i did was wrong and was stealing.

I am happy to say that the only way I download anything now is to see if I like it. If I like it, I delete it and go buy it. If I don't like it, then i just delete it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #877 on: March 14, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »

Do you seriously think the band blames the fans who've followed them god knows how long for downloading shit they thought might be all they ever get?
In my sane mind i'd like to think they blame the source for the consequences.

It's like if someone stole your money, then left it on the street and a homeless person took it, who would you blame?

First of all ... It isn't the band that's prosecuting this guy.

But that being said, I think people justifying his actions by saying shit like "I purchased X number of copies so they should subtract that from the number of copies illegally downloaded"* is like spitting in the bands' face.

As you pointed out, GNR worked long and hard to achieve what is now the final product that they want the fans to judge them on.

*again, I'm not picking on suicide here ... I'm just trying to make a point (and obviously, I'm doing of very poor job of it)

P.S.  SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANKS, SOUP KITCHENS AND HOMELESS SHELTERS!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #878 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:57 AM »

The reality is the real movie pirates that sell stolen movies are in China but the RIAA won't go after them because the U.S. government owes China billions of dollars. 

that doesn't seem to make sense to me either. It's not like the pirates in china lent money to RIAA, innit? Huh

anyway lets get back to the topic.

Ok so your the U.S. you need BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OR YOUR COUNTRY IS BANKRUPT.  Are you seriously going to go after or have any American agency such as the RIAA go after a country that could cause some serious damage if they recalled the money they have loaned the U.S.  and will be loaning more to.  Now this goes for basically everything not just music but software everything in China is pirated because they do not believe in copyright law (according to some lawyer that I was listening to give an interview) instead the RIAA has gone after sued and dropped cases they would have lost.  This is an organization that has sued 80 year old gramdma's who do not own a PC or internet connection of file sharing. And it is this organisation that has come out with a report that ties file sharing to terrorism.  I am not saying file sharing is right only that the idea that it funds terrorism is incorrect. 

Now this is a rare situation where unfinished material has gotten onto the web.  This is very different from the normal leaks that happen for a variety of reasons.  I do think this blogger should have given up his source if he knew who it was. 

themsbreaks
Opening Act

« Reply #879 on: March 15, 2009, 02:48:47 AM »

Quote from: D
What people fail to realize is, stealing music is theft just like anything else.

But there is a key distinction:

If I have a loaf of bread and you steal it from me, you have bread and I don't.  But if you "steal" a song from me, you now have the song, and, I still have have it too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:53:38 AM by themsbreaks » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: