Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 192648 times)
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #840 on: March 14, 2009, 05:42:31 AM »

It would be really interested to know how many of the people who downloaded the leaks eventually bought the album when it was finally released. I know I did.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #841 on: March 14, 2009, 06:23:01 AM »

I downloaded the leaks, downloaded the album, was amazed by the audio quality and the new songs and eventually bought the album ( and a Chinese Democracy t-shirt with the red star with people falling from it ). Now I'm patiently waiting for a tour.  Grin
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #842 on: March 14, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »

Yeah man, i confess I dl'ed the leaks but i've also bought the album so you can scratch 7$ or whatever off that guys total.  I'm quite sure a majority of people that downloaded will also have bought the album, since i'm sure they would be most curious about the remaining tracks they haven't heard yet. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #843 on: March 14, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »

I downloaded the leaks and bought CD on the first day of its released. Now I may have to buy it again since some of the songs are skipping. I should have bought it on Itunes like I originally planned.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #844 on: March 14, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »

It would be really interested to know how many of the people who downloaded the leaks eventually bought the album when it was finally released. I know I did.
i downloaded leaks and bought two copies of cd
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #845 on: March 14, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »

So, fbi got the ips of those who dled from the guy.
thanks god i was a tortoise as always.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #846 on: March 14, 2009, 11:14:24 AM »

I admit I have downloaded leaks but It made me interested in buying Chinese Democracy.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #847 on: March 14, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »

He's in California right?

The cost to imprison someone for one year is $47,000.00

Should we NOT reserve this for hardened criminals?

http://www.lao.ca.gov/laoapp/laomenus/sections/crim_justice/6_cj_inmatecost.aspx?catid=3
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #848 on: March 14, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »

^ This guy might not have stopped the band selling millions of copies, but he might've cost them millions in cash.

i downloaded leaks and bought two copies of cd

The story was reported all over the world, most people who downloaded this probably weren't even GNR fans, so I doubt they were out buying multiple copies.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #849 on: March 14, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »

Is this a trick??  nervous

NOBODY CONFESS!!!  Lips Sealed

You'll never take me alive, copper! 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #850 on: March 14, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »

^ This guy might not have stopped the band selling millions of copies, but he might've cost them millions in cash.

Ok so the state of California and the taxpayers there should foot the bill for this non violent so called criminal?  That state is in a bad way already, let's incarcerate some blogger who is probably now scared to death and unlikely to commit the same crime again.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #851 on: March 14, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »

I really don't know if we can blame this guy for the lack of sell for the cd. The lack of promotion was there.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »

Frankly, they spent more time promoting the guy who leaked the tunes rather than CD.

I'm all for saying he is guilty but should he be nailed to a freakin' cross and sacrificed when there are so many more pressing issues in the US right now?
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2009, 11:46:29 AM »

Ok so the state of California and the taxpayers there should foot the bill for this non violent so called criminal?  That state is in a bad way already, let's incarcerate some blogger who is probably now scared to death and unlikely to commit the same crime again.

He knows he's not going to jail, he spent his time ever since bragging about the incident.

The amount of money it costs the state should be his expense not the states. <It's an Error in the judicial system>

People shouldn't get away with crime, because it's inconvenient to do something about it.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

Got a good point Bandita. Lets not focus on someone who leaked the cd but instead trying to move forward.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »

The lack of promotion was there.

Yeah that hurt it, but so did it basically putting the album out for everyone to download it, several months before a release date was even announced.

Annie
« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »

He knows he's not going to jail, he spent his time ever since bragging about the incident.

The amount of money it costs the state should be his expense not the states. <It's an Error in the judicial system>

People shouldn't get away with crime, because it's inconvenient to do something about it.
How do you know this?
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #857 on: March 14, 2009, 11:50:19 AM »

How do you know this?

What? Which part?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #858 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:46 AM »

Oh I wholeheartedly agree.  I personally think violent offenders should be given the death penalty like IMMEDIATELY at the least expense.  Not very liberal of me I know, but I don't lie left on everything.

BUTTTTTT, since the judicial system is not about to be re-vamped for the likes of some skinny ass blogger who probably never gets any sunlight anyway, I don't see how prison will be a good option.

The cost of incarceration is only part of it.  Then you have the guilty folks who can't afford lawyers who file appeal after appeal with free appointed lawyers by the state.  It's endless money down the tube, ya know?  
Annie
« Reply #859 on: March 14, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »

How do you know this?

What? Which part?
That he's not going to jail, and that he's been bragging about the incident.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: