Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 194271 times)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »

Guns N Roses owns the songs.

If I was writing a book and somebody stole my book before I got to publish it, then provided my book to the whole world, all the time and effort I put into writing the book would be diminished.  I would lose money.

Let's say it's the best book ever written and I've given people sneak peeks, now and then, at my writing potential. The book is one of the most anticipated books ever.  Everybody is waiting to buy my book.  I keep noticing little parts that could be better to make the book more powerful.  I take my time so that when I do put the book onto bookstore shelves it will be as I intended.

I would have every right to go after the person who stole my book, and published it to the world.  Let's say it is unfinished and not as I intended to it to be before I publish it.  Somebody reading my unfinished product could damage the book's reputation.  

The leaks are unfinished.  Nobody has paid for the music.  Guns N Roses has unfinished products out there.  The songs are not the quality that the band is satisfied with.  There have already been reviews of the unfinished songs.  That's like reviewing an unedited book or an unedited movie.

The band owns the songs.  They are the possession of the bands.

I'm nobody's bitch.  What's mine is not yours.  If you take what is mine, I will make you pay.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »

Now that I'm actually discussing stuff, it's not good either.

Thanks, same to you, bye.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »

Also the reason the 2003 leaks weren't as big a deal is because most of them were songs we heard in concert "madagascar, Blues, Chinese Democracy

this is out of Axl and GNR's hands anyway. Axl is the king of the cease and desist order but he has never sued anybody to my knowledge so this is definitely Universal and the RIAA's doing.

This being the first case and they wanting to set a precedent. This dude is FUCKED!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »

And some people says that "Guns N' Roses are persuing fans"  no

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

in a weird way, this is kind of good for this version of gnr. Today, 3 differerent people called me (who could care less about gnr) and asked me if I heard the news and the songs. An older lady I work with said it was on her msn home page, and when I signed on to road runner it was in the news section. It talks about the long deleayed album, uses a pic of axl from 2006 vmas.  I think this is the first time that actual news was reporting something. This might actueally help people know there is a new band, and maybe even an album?
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »

This sums it al up nicely for me... ok

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/08/guns-n-roses-le.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »

This may have been posted already in these 22 pages, but I don't feel like looking for it.  And I'm sure we've all seen/heard this but as Kid Rock says (jokingly), Steal Everything.  It sounds like a lot of you actually believe that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCADfZD-eg

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »

in a weird way, this is kind of good for this version of gnr. Today, 3 differerent people called me (who could care less about gnr) and asked me if I heard the news and the songs. An older lady I work with said it was on her msn home page, and when I signed on to road runner it was in the news section. It talks about the long deleayed album, uses a pic of axl from 2006 vmas.  I think this is the first time that actual news was reporting something. This might actueally help people know there is a new band, and maybe even an album?

Maybe it helps because the people are talking about Guns N' Roses (in Argentina there was a lot of papers and TV shows who informed about it) but leaking songs (the thing because the people are talking about bloggers, FBI and all that stuff) is not positive for Guns N' Roses.

It would be suck if Guns N' Roses is saw as Metallica. There are differents situation...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:27:54 PM by Ulises » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

This may have been posted already in these 22 pages, but I don't feel like looking for it.  And I'm sure we've all seen/heard this but as Kid Rock says (jokingly), Steal Everything.  It sounds like a lot of you actually believe that.

Very fun and sarcastic video pointing out a side in this debate.

I myself got mixed feelings about this. There is no doubt formally correct Kevin gets arrested for this.
If they were releasing CD this year I feel sorry for the company and band for the monutary (and intelectual, or whatever the right word for the artistic side) damage this could have done.

But there is also a diferent ethic side to this.
I wonder in the future how this will be, cause I think the piracy we see now will only increase, or internet users gets offered packages to pay a little extra for to enable legal downloading from their ISP's.

The thing is, what was state-of-the-art in the 70's is now home-equipment. Photoshop, quality computers, video-editing and video-capturing programs/hardware.
So anyone are very soon independent from record companies to create media/art.

It will be intresting to see how this industry and artists adapts.
I think artists must find their main income from something else than their cd's/mp3's etc.

Buckethead is an exemplaric example of how to adapt Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »

Not really Norway

Buckethead isn't this hugely successful rock star. He makes albums and money but he isn't a household enigma and he would never be able to fill an arena.

Record Labels and Piracy combined have killed the Rock Star and the industry. People can try the "Do It Yourself" mode, but u aren't gonna get exposure without radio play, videos and a record label putting up the money to promote u and put your ass out on the road.

This will kill the Indy Musician as well cause u just can't get enough fans from YouTube, MySpace and playing local clubs,bars etc to make a good living out of doing music.

Bands careers are over in 5 minutes these days as none have staying power.

Imagine music in 15 years when all the great bands from the 70's,80's and early 90's stop touring and making music.......... Music could be seriously dead.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »

It's wrong what the blogger did. GNR has every right to go after this guy for what he's worth for being reckless with highly confidential copyrighted materials.

I would rather hear the final product than shitty demos anyways.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:55 PM »

If guns n roses goes after this guy in a civil lawsuit I will lose a lot of respect for Axl and the band.

And that dr pepper statement is hilarious.  rofl smoking

Now why would you lose respect, because they went after someone who reading the last sentence, pretty much admits to stealing the masters and hosting them on a site to teach the band a lesson?  If I was Axl, I'd try to nail his ass to a cross while bankrupting him and any offspring he hopes to have for future generations to come.

Sorry but thats copywrritten/intellectual property and the owner has every right to protect their property.  Here in the US, it's in the Bill of Rights where citizens have the right to bear arms to protect their property, etc.  In this instance, the arms are the legal system and the property is the music.  

Sorry but the guy gets no sympathy here
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »

Also the reason the 2003 leaks weren't as big a deal is because most of them were songs we heard in concert "madagascar, Blues, Chinese Democracy

this is out of Axl and GNR's hands anyway. Axl is the king of the cease and desist order but he has never sued anybody to my knowledge so this is definitely Universal and the RIAA's doing.

This being the first case and they wanting to set a precedent. This dude is FUCKED!

if a label makes an example of this guy with a civil suit; maybe this will act as a deterrent from other people doing the same thing; and hopefully, prevent other artists' material from leaking
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »

new update on www.gunsnroses.com

GUNS REACTS TO ARREST
Guns N' Roses released a statement Thursday on the arrest of a blogger suspected of posting songs on the Internet from the forthcoming Chinese Democracy: "Presently, though we don't support this guy's actions at that level, our interest is in the original source. "

Presently, though we don't support this guy's actions at that level, our interest is in the original source. We can't comment publicly at this time as the investigation is ongoing.

We appreciate your understanding,

Guns N' Roses

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »

Cool official word from GnR and a kick ass shot of AXL and Tommy.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

hihi awesome
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

I love the pictures from the gnr.com press releases.  They could really turn that site into a major media site with all of their pics and videos they have. It's unfortunate that this happened to GNR, let's only hope that negotiations are practically done regarding the release of CD

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2008, 07:40:46 PM »

The orginal source yeah its probaly somebody from the record label ? If it is I bet they will be in the unemployment line soon.  It's always bizarre how the process of leaks happen.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »

So, two official announcements regarding the arresting. Will people still whine about the band?

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2008, 08:05:10 PM »

I think the argument gets bogged down with a big misconception.  Downloading music is not stealing.  It's digital piracy.  Still illegal...but it's not stealing.  

When you steal something, it implies you took some of financial value from a person or company.  If you illegally download a song, you're not necessarily robbing any financial value from a company.  If you never had any intention of buying that song...the company isn't out any money.  The company doesn't have an individual production costs for each song.  On the flipside, if I stole a Lexus...even though I had no intention of purchasing one, I still stole the base production value of car from the company.  the company is actually out money from my criminal act.

Also, if I bought AFD, then posted it...I didn't steal anything since I purchased the album.  The act of distributing the album over the internet isn't stealing...it's digital piracy. (and STILL ILLEGAL)

I think this misconception of downloading vs. stealing is what confuses many people.  In the Metallica issue with Napster...that was a digital piracy issue.  People, who had purchased their albums were distributing them over the internet.  With the Cogill issue...this is actually "stealing" since the album was not available for purchase.  Cogill had to "steal" the material to distribute it.  This isn't a case where the label sent the album out to magazines and media outlets for review...and it leaked from there...this is a case where the material was NOT distributed to anyone.  It was "taken" from the company without permission.  In this case, it was "stolen."

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: