Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 194217 times)
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »

? Reply #380 on: Today at 02:39:35 PM ?

Say that out loud. Doesn't sound right, does it.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »

I for one think it's wrong of them to still make Axl have to share his Dr Pepper with Buckethead.  no 

See. This is where the lies start. The terrible, terrible lies. Axl offered to share, in his infinite wisdom.

You sir, are a terrorist.

NEXT!!
That's what I said??  confused   When Dr Pepper first said that BH would not get his FREE soda, Axl said he would share his with him because BH's music is on the album.  So IMO, Dr. Pepper should remove BH from the BANNED list so that Axl can have a full bottle for himself. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2008, 02:53:04 PM »

I for one think it's wrong of them to still make Axl have to share his Dr Pepper with Buckethead.  no 

See. This is where the lies start. The terrible, terrible lies. Axl offered to share, in his infinite wisdom.

You sir, are a terrorist.

NEXT!!
That's what I said??  confused   When Dr Pepper first said that BH would not get his FREE soda, Axl said he would share his with him because BH's music is on the album.  So IMO, Dr. Pepper should remove BH from the BANNED list so that Axl can have a full bottle for himself. 

Im sure Axl got some from Bach when he got his 24 cans earlier this year  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2008, 02:57:14 PM »

Obviously my comments bothered you enough to respond. Got anything to add to the discussion?

Of course not, you just have some kind of obsession with me and had to reply with this inane bullshit like usual.

I'm more of a reader-guy these days ok Altough I find your comments naive, hysterical, over-reacted and funny.

I'm amazed by the some of the stupidity I've seen. Sorry, if that also offends any of you along with me using f-words on a GN'R board.

The guy broke the law and still some of you question why he was arrested.

Isn't it kinda obvious?

Not only did he break the law, he was bragging about it openly.

And what do you care, he got arrested already and I think he'll get what he deservers for breaking the law. But hey, some people just don't see it that way, but it won't make any difference so what the FUCK so.

You seem to care other peoples opinions only when they are against your favourite band, or you.. like this time. This time I'm with you though.

PS. Thanks for the minus karma smoking

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »

I'm more of a reader-guy these days ok Altough I find your comments naive, hysterical, over-reacted and funny.

Over reacted? Haha.

This is the guy who runs to defend somebody who can't handle a few fucks in a post.

On a GN'R board....

And what do you care, he got arrested already and I think he'll get what he deservers for breaking the law. But hey, some people just don't see it that way, but it won't make any difference so what the FUCK so.

Some people don't see it that way?

Yeah, I'm aware of the bullshit. That's why I have to keep repeating the facts over and over again.

Because the people "who don't see it that way" are ignoring the facts.

You seem to care other peoples opinions only when they are against your favourite band, or you.. like this time.

Oh really?

I'm sorry that my posts offend you. Because I can't just sit and read some so called fans being pissed off about the fact that the record company is protecting their property, which also happens to be music by the band we're all supposed to be fans of and support.

PS. Thanks for the minus karma smoking

You're welcome.

Maybe next time you wanna attack me or some other board member, you'll think twice.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »

WTF Jarmo? You toss those minus karma's out like candy, but never offered me one?

That makes you a terrorist too.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

I think I read dr pepper exec said they gotta give a can to BH as well in an article. Huh

I find it funny to watch people standing up for this guy.

1) He broke the law.
2) He stole from, a lot of your's, favourite band.

He stole from your favourite band.

Boohoo, a lot of you have been waiting for the album a long time, but it's not yours.
Why the fuck should you, or a thief that runs a music blog, get to determine when you can listen to it?

Have you listen to those tracks and did you like them?

If the answer is "yes", the upper statement makes you a hypocrite in my eyes.

Say someone sneaks into your beautiful sister's room to take a pic of her dressing up. They uploads the pic and anyone can see her beautiful boobs. You check their site, see the subject is beautiful and are so furious.
are you a hypocrite?
LordRazZ
VIP

« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »

I think I read dr pepper exec said they gotta give a can to BH as well in an article. Huh

I find it funny to watch people standing up for this guy.

1) He broke the law.
2) He stole from, a lot of your's, favourite band.

He stole from your favourite band.

Boohoo, a lot of you have been waiting for the album a long time, but it's not yours.
Why the fuck should you, or a thief that runs a music blog, get to determine when you can listen to it?

Say someone sneaks into your beautiful sister's room to take a pic of her dressing up. They uploads the pic and anyone can see her beautiful boobs. You check their site, see the subject is beautiful and are so furious.
are you a hypocrite?

Am I from Alabama?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:12:00 PM by LordRazZ » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »

One thing that I haven't seen anybody talk about yet is the issue of these songs being copyrighted.  I've checked riaa.com, ascap.org, copyright.gov and I haven't seen any of the new GNR songs listed as being copyrighted or anything like that.  I'm not a lawyer, so maybe someone who is more knowledgeable then me will have to chime in, but if the songs are not officially copyrighted or protected then is it still illegal to post them?  

I'm not sure copyrighting is even the issue in the eyes of the law.  It comes down to taking stolen property and making it available in an illegal manner.  At some point they added mediums like music and movies to this law.  I have a feeling they have determined that this guy physically stole this music from the record company offices or wherever.  

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2008, 03:13:01 PM »

Why would I want to ruin something I've been looking forward to for ages?

It's like looking forward to a movie and buying a DVD of it, filmed in the cinema.

Hey Live for today. You could cross the street and get hit by a bus in a couple of hours. If somebody is offering me something that I've been looking forward to for 10 years, I'm certainly not going to say OH NOOOOOO. I DON'T WANT IT.

Sorry to disappoint.

McDuff
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »

I don't post on here much these days,but I will on this subject.First of all I do think it's wrong to steal songs that are mastered and are supposed to be released on the album,yes,but concerning the demos that were leaked,I don't think there was anything wrong with that.

Was the man stupid for posting unreleased songs from a forthcoming album,yes.Should he be put in prison for it,no.What I want to know is how he got the songs in the first place,I mean he had to have access to someone that has access to the songs in the first place.

Do I think that Axl is responsible for him being arrested,no,it's UMG who is,so no one should blame Axl for it,although he has a right to have the man jailed because it is his music and he has worked very hard on the songs for a long time and to have the songs leaked would really piss anyone off.

Well that's my 2 cents on this situation. smoking
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:15:39 PM by Slash McKagan » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:48 PM »

but concerning the demos that were leaked,I don't think there was anything wrong with that.

Isn't it up to the artists and/or record company to decide when people should hear the music? And how they should hear it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McDuff
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »

but concerning the demos that were leaked,I don't think there was anything wrong with that.

Isn't it up to the artists and/or record company to decide when people should hear the music? And how they should hear it?

/jarmo

Yes,you're right,but,the demos would have been leaked anyway,but I mean leaking unreleased mastered songs from the album is worse.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:22:58 PM by Slash McKagan » Logged
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »

when people should hear the music?

/jarmo

Day after end of time :] or later?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »

Am I from Alabama?

Do I know you?

I have a feeling they have determined that this guy physically stole this music from the record company offices or wherever. 

or his friends that still work for the record company? If that's the case, I guess they are to be questioned about other thefts as well.  Gnr is not the only universal artist whose works got stolen from the record company.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #395 on: August 28, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

It doesn't matter regardless of demo or mastered songs... for example lets say Better got leaked in 2005 and it was a shitty demo version and since its leaked everyone thinks ohh this sucks its sounds terrible I can't believe there gonna put this out blah blah blah .... now being a artist it isn't the finished product but a low quality demo is out there and its just not right for the artist or the fans of the group.  For one it isn't finished two the record might not even come out atleast for a couple of years, three it ruins the release and anticipation for the album.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
McDuff
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2008, 03:27:04 PM »

It doesn't matter regardless of demo or mastered songs... for example lets say Better got leaked in 2005 and it was a shitty demo version and since its leaked everyone thinks ohh this sucks its sounds terrible I can't believe there gonna put this out blah blah blah .... now being a artist it isn't the finished product but a low quality demo is out there and its just not right for the artist or the fans of the group.  For one it isn't finished two the record might not even come out atleast for a couple of years, three it ruins the release and anticipation for the album.

Well yeah I see your point,a shitty demo doesn't represent what will be on the album or how the album will sound and an unfinished demo is just that an unfinished demo,and as a musician I know that,and yes I can see the point of the band being pissed off for having the demos leaked. smoking
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »

my point is only: the guy did something which is wrong but why did he do that?
I don't said it's the band fault in a direct way, the fact is: the band/record company is already talking about new songs and a new CD since... I don't know 1999 or something... ? Since then they're giving the fans hope with 'soon is the word' or 'album is ready, tentative release dates'....
so all those things make that new songs are 'big secrets' in a sort of way and some people cannot keep a secret...

none of that changes the law.   its pretty black and white.

Fuck the law! Break it!  hihi

The law tells me also not to smoke marihuana, well I do
The law tells me also not to be drunk in public, well it often happens
and probably also a lot of other stuff I do isn't allowed...except posting leaks  hihi

but yeah, when you're caught, yhen I guess you have to accept the consequences.

Anyhow, I'm a anarchist!  ok So fuck the institutes  rofl

Hey, shouldn't we, being GN'R fans,  be a little bit of anarchists??
beer

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »

Hey, shouldn't we, being GN'R fans,  be a little bit of anarchists??

That's the normal excuse that is often used to validate posting bullshit, stealing from the band and so on.

So GN'R is rock n' roll and have a "we do it our way" attitude.  Some people seem to interpret that as "it's ok to post bullshit about the band and steal their music".

/jarmo

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

Over reacted? Haha.

This is the guy who runs to defend somebody who can't handle a few fucks in a post.

On a GN'R board....

I said nothing about the fucks, I love fucks, believe me. I didn't defend anyone.

Some people don't see it that way?

Yeah, I'm aware of the bullshit. That's why I have to keep repeating the facts over and over again.

Because the people "who don't see it that way" are ignoring the facts.

So this is like a message from the god of rock n' roll; "Jarmo, you got to make people believe, they have to take this side!" ok Everyone has a right to an opinion and you can't take it away.

I'm sorry that my posts offend you. Because I can't just sit and read some so called fans being pissed off about the fact that the record company is protecting their property, which also happens to be music by the band we're all supposed to be fans of and support.

Your posts don't offend me at all. I'm just amused here 'cause you're taking this so seriously and acting hysterically, even though the guy's already arrested and so on. I just wonder why you're so determined in this one, telling the facts over and over again.

Maybe next time you wanna attack me or some other board member, you'll think twice.

/jarmo

Sorry if I offended you this time as it was not the plan, like I said before: "who's the sensitive one here?" Roll Eyes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: