Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 179971 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

I just don't want him to get the max penalty because I don't think he meant harm or was malicious.  

But he knew it was wrong....

And how long does it take to make a case, HE FUCKING ADMITTED THE DAY OF THE LEAKED THEM.  But it does take time for paper work.  Thing is, it was forgotten.  BUT NOT NOW.  NOW EVERYONE WILL WANT THEM AGAIN AND GET THEM.  I just would have let sleeping dogs lie.  This dog is back up now. And guess what, 85% of THIS board has all these leaks.  This man deserves justice, but take it easy on the guy.

You might've missed the part where I said that maybe this will prevent future leaks from happening.

Suddenly leaking music that's not yours went from being "cool" to being something you might go to jail for.

Maybe the company isn't as friendly.

Considering they are gonna be the ones putting out the album.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »

Am I the only one who still has no idea how these people get these leaked tracks (assuming it doesn't come from the inside)? Is it some janitor who happens to see a master tape just sitting there and decides to grab it? WTF? Even after the initial leaks, wouldn't security be stepped up somehow??? Of course there is going to be a paper trail leading all the way back, but how can somebody get so close that they are able to get this stuff with anybody noticing (until it get's leaked)?

I think they've all sort of had their own unique paths.  I'm not privy to the particulars (well, except for IRS...I know the story on that one), but I have suspicions on all of them.  On the set of 9 we're talking about....I think they came DIRECTLY from the label.  That's just my suspicion. And that may be why we're seeing this action being taken.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »

damn is this guy actually facing jail time?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »

damn is this guy actually facing jail time?

Facing as in "is it possible"?

Yes.

Facing as in "likely to get any"?

I'd be REALLY surprised, unless the federal court system wanted to make an example of him.  Again, this is a CRIMINAL suit, not the civil one.  The civil one...the label will have a lot more say in how hard it goes for him.  In the criminal suit.....in the grand scheme of things, I would guess most federal judges would go pretty easy on him, knowing what we know right now.  That means a plea deal (his best bet, IMHO) is likely to be pretty lenient.  Jail time is ALWAYS possible, obviously.  But this guy has done pretty much everything "right" to minimize his risk.  Now he just needs a good lawyer.......hopefully there's some good pro bono ones out there.  Because otherwise...it's going to get MIGHTY expensive or he's going to have to use a court appointed lawyer.  That's never fun.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »

mister saint laurent is probably shitting his pants right now.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »

well at any rate i find it hard to feel sorry for the guy. he got greedy. instead of being sneaking about leaking the songs, which would have been the smart move, he basically went HEY LOOK WHAT I GOT IM SO COOL HERE YA GO THESE ARE FROM ME, YOUR WELCOME!

im NOT saying leaking them at all was right but he was an idiot about it

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »

Nice corny comebacks jarmo, but they don't cut any wood. Metal Sludge did the exact same as Kevin

Were they the source of previously unheard leaks, or did they post them on their site after the leaks were widely available on the net, all over Youtube, etc?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »

Nice corny comebacks jarmo, but they don't cut any wood. Metal Sludge did the exact same as Kevin

Were they the source of previously unheard leaks, or did they post them on their site after the leaks were widely available on the net, all over Youtube, etc?

Don't mind the troll.

All cases are different for many reasons. Number of songs, how it happened, the time it happened etc.

The record company probably wasn't protecting their product back then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »

Jarmo, you are right. They are sending a message.  Maybe they just do more barking than biting at this guy.  Anyway, hopefully the album will be out soon and this will be forgotten.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »

it's even on yahoo's main page.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080827/ap_en_mu/blogger_arrested

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »

Think about all the hard work Axl, Robin, Tommy, Brain, Richard, Ron, Frank, Dizzy, Chris.  Even former members put all their hard work into this album and how many years it has taken to get to where we r today as in having Shacklers Revenge featured in RockBand 2.  9 songs is alot considering that Axl said CD would have 13 that's more than half the album.  He is in the position he' s in cause he put himself there, I think there is a fine line when considering artist who let people hear music and artist who don't want you to.  Either way I don't think this is bad PR for Guns because I think we will be hearing alot from them at the end of the year music wise.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »

"....of posting the songs, which were being prepared for commercial release..."

^^from this statement the leaks aint "working demos" but finalized tracks to be on CD? every listener would have heard 9 songs from CD then. with Shackler's Revenge release next month it would be 10 (out of 13/14?).

yes, he made them available worldwide and therefor is into trouble. but did he himself really "stole" them or was he only the one sharing a never/rarely seen before TWIX with others? in that case, well.....he wasnt the original TWIX thief, thats some important difference.

where is Earl when he is needed by the way?  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »

I would love to see the trail of all the leaks back to the original sources.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 04:21:11 PM »

"....of posting the songs, which were being prepared for commercial release..."

^^from this statement the leaks aint "working demos" but finalized tracks to be on CD?

Either it means the songs themselves or the songs in general (as in same songs, different versions).

We don't know if he's the original thief so to speak. But it's clear he violated copyright law by posting material which he didn't own the copyright to and thus allowing the material to be spread.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »

Hopefully they get that Incognito guy next.

Hopefully people who want to leak illegal songs will think twice. 
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »

This is so rock n' roll.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »

I try to imagine if it was Nirvana's leaks, Kurt's reaction. I mean...this is getting ridiculous.
the FBI involved for leaks...I'm always trying to figure how is USA world today...I admit I'm like David Bowie...I'm afraid of americans.
(and don't get me wrong, I respect copyrights, intellectual property etc, but come on, there's other ways to do that).

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2008, 04:28:49 PM »

i sort of feel bad for the guy and kind of agree with what he did
and on the other hand he seems like an idiot

1.) fans have been waiting for this album for 10+ years (at least a new GNR album).  maybe he thought he was doing a good thing for the fans.

2.) it's not good to leak songs at all, much less on a public blog.  he should have expected this
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/08/guns-n-roses-un.html

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »

i sort of feel bad for the guy and kind of agree with what he did
and on the other hand he seems like an idiot

you agree with releasing other people's hard work illegally?   whether or not the fans wanted/deserved them is a whole different story and doesn't really matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: