Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 180749 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »

you have to agree though that this was the most damaging and publicized leak. i mean shit even my parents were aware of it.

the guy fucked up and now hes paying the price. its that simple

youre parents knew cause you knew, the general public never did thats a fact, now that this happened every corner of the universe knows GNR tunes are online!  Congrats GNR or RIAA, you have just advertized the leaks to everyone to go run and download

Gunsguy

no thats the point i was trying to make. they knew without me saying anything. i dont live with them and the first thing they said to me when i went to visit was "hey did you know that new guns n roses cd got put on the internet?"

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »

Jarmo, would you be willing to say you have not downloaded any leaks?  I know we all have, does that not mean we are all guilty of something?

gunsguy

I'm not gonna repeat myself because you're too fucking lazy to read.

This isn't about me or you.

Do you feel guilty?

nonlinear obviously has a crush on me.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »

great now were are comparing leaking a song(s) to murdering people .

In jarmos perfect world you shall question nothing.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »

Guys, as someone who was banned from here before, you have to know by now this is Jarmo's forum and he can do with it as he pleases.Nobody is forcing us to read/visit/post here.

This guy is going to get a slap on the wrist.The only thing this will do is most likely prevent further leaks as people now see what can happen.

This is not the same as Lars/Napster because in that case it was the band themselves going after fans.There is no proof that Axl/GNR are supporting this.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Toph1962
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »

Guys, as someone who was banned from here before, you have to know by now this is Jarmo's forum and he can do with it as he pleases.Nobody is forcing us to read/visit/post here.

This guy is going to get a slap on the wrist.The only thing this will do is most likely prevent further leaks as people now see what can happen.

This is not the same as Lars/Napster because in that case it was the band themselves going after fans.There is no proof that Axl/GNR are supporting this.

and that press release or whatever it was from msn said that the band had been notified, but were letting the authorities do what they may. the band/axl is not behind this
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »

Well I read alot about claims of "stealing" stealing something is different than this cleary, if I steal something its no longer there...

anyway I dont see where you said you havent downloaded anything, I would assume you have like the other 100% forum members, that in itself is a crime according to your logic.  My question is if its true it is a crime, are they going to charge everyone?  Or is this guy just a scapegoat.

Gunsguy
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »

I wouldnt be surprised if they mde an example of this guy. so i wouldnt be so sure hell just "get a slap on the wrists"

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »

great now were are comparing leaking a song(s) to murdering people .

Fucking hell. I'm not comparing them

I was giving you an analogy of how two things might look the same but aren't.

I thought I was using pretty basic English.....

In jarmos perfect world you shall question nothing.

You can question things, it's normal.

But when things have been explained numerous times and been spelled out for you multiple times, you might not appear very bright if you still keep questioning it using the same reasons as before.

It's like in This Is Spinal Tap, "these go to eleven".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »

Well I read alot about claims of "stealing" stealing something is different than this cleary, if I steal something its no longer there...

He violated copyright laws. He broke the law.

Happy with that?

My question is if its true it is a crime, are they going to charge everyone?  Or is this guy just a scapegoat.

Gunsguy

Seriously?

Maybe you missed all the posts I made today where I tried to explain that often they go for the "big" guy.

/jarmo

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »

Jarmo I get what you are saying . all I am saying is that this guy shouldn't have been the only guy to get into some trouble . they should have gone after the other too.  If they had back then , then maybe they wouldn';t have to now. 

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:20 PM »

Listen everyone GnR has nothing to do with this arrest ITS THE RECORD COMPANY AND RIAA !!!! This is not bad press for GnR, going on the Ellen Show and trying to sell your house now that would be bad press hihi  

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »

Jarmo I get what you are saying . all I am saying is that this guy shouldn't have been the only guy to get into some trouble . they should have gone after the other too.  If they had back then , then maybe they wouldn';t have to now. 

Yeah, in hindsight, maybe GN'R were too nice!

Imagine that, the evil band who's after their fans.....  hihi

Now that the record company is involved and the album is coming out, things are different and the record company has reasons not to be inactive.

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2008, 10:18:51 PM »

THE GUY HAD 9 TRACKS FROM THE FORTHCOMING ALBUM CHINESE DEMOCRACY !!! and uploaded them to his computer THAT IS STEALING THE ALBUM ISN'T RELEASED YET SO PUTTING UP TRACKS THAT R NOT OFFICALLY RELEASED IS CALLED STEALING.  JUST LIKE IF BACK IN 1991 I WENT AND SAW T2 AND BROUGHT MY CAMERA IN AND RECORED IT AND THEN WENT OUT BACK AND SOLD IT ON THE SIDEWALK !! YOU CAN'T DO THAT ITS AGAINST THE LAW now I hope everyone will be quiet now that I used caps to get the damn point across.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »

He violated copyright laws. He broke the law.

Happy with that?

My question is if its true it is a crime, are they going to charge everyone?  Or is this guy just a scapegoat.

Gunsguy

Seriously?

Maybe you missed all the posts I made today where I tried to explain that often they go for the "big" guy.

/jarmo

so then why go after the "little guy" ?  This is no different than any radio jock playing it publicly, or rolling stone linking to a youtube vid of a leak is it?  Whatever the case may be Slash was right in thinking Axl would mess up the bands legacy by using the name, its defiantly messing up the name by making the fans the enemy.  We can all sit and say Axl didn't do it he may not condone what the FBI did this and that but the fact that he has nothing to say speaks volumes about what he is thinking about this

This is wrong in so many more ways than leaking some tunes...

dangerous band?

He violated copyright laws?  We all do each and every day, all of us have and will always download new gnr material legal or not, all this does is make it even more possible, if thats part of some plan its insane

Gunsguy
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »

THE GUY HAD 9 TRACKS FROM THE FORTHCOMING ALBUM CHINESE DEMOCRACY !!! and uploaded them to his computer THAT IS STEALING THE ALBUM ISN'T RELEASED YET SO PUTTING UP TRACKS THAT R NOT OFFICALLY RELEASED IS CALLED STEALING.  JUST LIKE IF BACK IN 1991 I WENT AND SAW T2 AND BROUGHT MY CAMERA IN AND RECORED IT AND THEN WENT OUT BACK AND SOLD IT ON THE SIDEWALK !! YOU CAN'T DO THAT ITS AGAINST THE LAW now I hope everyone will be quiet now that I used caps to get the damn point across.

UM THAT IS DIFFERENT THAT GUY SOLD THE SHIT....

Gunsguy
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »

$250,000 fine?

In these times that might make GN'R their biggest revenue generator for the year!  A welcome change from 10+ years of being the number one expense.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »

http://politicsoffthegrid.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/blogger-arrested-over-unreleased-guns-n-roses-music/

Now why would you go and post something like music that has not been released? The same would go for copies of books or movies that have not been released to the general public. At 27, I would expect a little more common sense from Mr. Cogill. Go figure.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »

Gunsguy

yeah your right he didn't make money off it !  but his website got so many hits the server crashed.  Guns N' Roses has been good to us why leak something that is gonna spoil the return of everyone's favorite band.  

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »

Gunsguy

yeah your right he didn't make money off it !  but his website got so many hits the server crashed.  Guns N' Roses has been good to us why leak something that is gonna spoil the return of everyone's favorite band.  

have you heard the leaks?

Didn't GNr the last time they toured play the leaks live?

gunsguy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

so then why go after the "little guy" ?

I'm gonna try to be nice.

What part of "he uploaded nine track to his web site and broke copyright law in a time when the album is about to get released" didn't you understand?

Rolling Stone didn't upload it to their web server!

Eddie Trunk didn't upload it to his site. He didn't have NINE (9) track from the forthcoming album on his site for HOURS for all to download.

Still you ask: How are these things different?  Huh

It's like you choose to be ignorant so you can have another reason to hate the band.

I see you're blaming Axl. I wonder why since none of the news stories have mentioned him.

They mention the FBI and RIAA. See, there's no Axl in there.

For everybody who thinks it's GN'R against the fans, one word: Prince.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:29:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: