Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 180612 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »

Jarmo, do you think with this latest arrest that this will push Universal to release CD now within this year ? so it won't get leaked in the future ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »

one song or nine song it's still the same fucking thing.  The amount of counts you commite a crimes doesn't make it worse .

It's not "the same thing"!

Doesn't make it worse?

Why do you get fined more the more you go over the speed limit (at least that's the case here in Sweden)?

You're speeding, why don't you get fined the same amount no matter if you're going at light speed or not?

Why is robbing a bank different from stealing a Twix?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »

I do think this is a relevant point here, from the LA Times article:

"Corynne McSherry, a staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, agreed. She said that when lawmakers passed the tougher anti-piracy legislation, they probably didn't have this kind of situation in mind.

"They had in mind the commercial pirates selling 'Harry Potter, not this guy in Culver City posting some songs on his blog to make a point," she said."

This will most likely be discussed when the case is appealed, which is most certainly will be, down the line.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

jarmo....  GNR fans are by nature rebellious....  if something is illegal, or 'naughty,' it's just going to provoke them into doing it more.  this is what GNR has always been about, since i've been 7 years old!

you need to relax and stop rimming corporate rock.  i've been around for several years and have recently noticed a MAJOR shitf from your forum to other more unrestrictive forums.  this is not coincidence.

i'm not trying to be a dick, and i respect you very much, but i'm just trying to exlain things the way i see them.

peace

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
fegz
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »

how come my post got deleted Huh

i've been coming on these sites since 1999 and a fan since 1988 the first time i post a comment and have my say it gets deleted !!!

yeah i heard the leaks and yeah i downloaded them but don't i (we) all deserve that !! were all gonna still buy the fuckin album but can't we have a taste first !!

has the world gone mad Huh
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »

one song or nine song it's still the same fucking thing.  The amount of counts you commite a crimes doesn't make it worse .

It's not "the same thing"!

Doesn't make it worse?

Why do you get fined more the more you go over the speed limit (at least that's the case here in Sweden)?

You're speeding, why don't you get fined the same amount no matter if you're going at light speed or not?

Why is robbing a bank different from stealing a Twix?

/jarmo

your care can go light speed Huh

we are going around and round here sir. lets just agree to disagree on this.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2008, 09:25:55 PM »

jarmo....  GNR fans are by nature rebellious....  if something is illegal, or 'naughty,' it's just going to provoke them into doing it more.  this is what GNR has always been about, since i've been 7 years old!

you need to relax and stop rimming corporate rock.  i've been around for several years and have recently noticed a MAJOR shitf from your forum to other more unrestrictive forums.  this is not coincidence.

i'm not trying to be a dick, and i respect you very much, but i'm just trying to exlain things the way i see them.

peace

Oh I get it.

When you don't have a leg to stand on, I need to relax.  Kiss

I see people wondering why this happens.

Well, the easy answer is: he broke the law.

Do people get this? No, then it's about the record company "not losing any money". Well, see the previous sentence. It's all you need to think about!

I don't understand why this needs to be explained.

People here claim to support the band.

This guy knew what he was doing, he knew it was illegal, he knew it wasn't right, yet he did it.

Now he has to deal with it.

It's all very cool and rebellious until the FBI are knocking at your door.

we are going around and round here sir. lets just agree to disagree on this.

Only because you refuse to answer questions....

Which is the usual tactic of people who want to feel like they're right.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »

what go would answering your question have done we don't see this thing from the same side. hell you are acting like I said the dide shouldn't have had anything done to him which I didn't .

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »

Laws are different for a reason:

Speeding if you are going 10 mph/km over its not that serious, when you are going 50-60 mph /km over the speed limit you are risking the lives on people on that street and living around that street. Its no longer just stealing, but rather wreckless abandonment for mankind and should be punished more.

Twix Vs Bank Roberry?  Here in america anything over $1000 is considered Grand Theft and a mjor felony, where as a twix is a misdemeanor at best, because when you rob a bank, 90% of the time you have a weapon and could hurt or kill someone and with the large amount of money Cops come in fast and you could have a shoot out, Bigger Reward for getting away with a bank job so the punishment should be more. A $1.00 Twix, it would cost more to prosecute the man then the value of the twix. Stealing is not stealing, There are different degrees.

If he posted 1 song unreleased on his website, he would be breaking the law to a degree, but the damage to what he did to affect CD wouldnt be as much, One song wouldnt kill everything. Posting 9 songs, which is probalby 60-70% of the albumn kills what could turn out to be alot of songs, Would you buy a pizza that was half gone already at full price.  One song released they could cut if off the albumn is they wanted and still sell a good product with a replacement song, posting 9 would be hard to replace.  He caused the record company that has 14 million invested in this project to loose money and should be punished.  Who gave the 9 demos to him?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »

People here claim to support the band

/jarmo

LOL....

man, you're acting just like beta and universal - claiming that the hardcore fans do not support the band.  whatever.  i'll be the first to drop several hundred dollars on a nice physical product IF the album is ever released.  i've been a fan since appetite when i was 7 years old.  DONT tell me that i don't support the band man.  i don't care who you are.

however, i still think the band, management, and label are going about this in a terrible way.  they are ignoring lessons of old (e.g. lars vs. napster) and not adapting to the current market (e.g. radiohead and nin).  seriously, i could give a fuck about universal.  i just want to hear good music.  i will drop serious cash on a nice box set and several concert tickets, but i'm a hardcore fan and not a casual fan.  i'm like 1% of the total prospective market.  all i'm saying is that if GNR and umiversal would embrace the new market, they could reach out to the other 99% of casual fans, and convince them to actually buy the record instead of just downloading the few radio singles for free.

THERE IS A REASON THESE MAJOR CONGLOMERATE RECORD LABELS ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!  i'm not crazy and i'm not making this up.  look at the market data since tha late '90s, man!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 PM by nonlinear » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »

what go would answering your question have done we don't see this thing from the same side. hell you are acting like I said the dide shouldn't have had anything done to him which I didn't .

No, you're saying leaking one song in 2003 is the same as leaking nine in 2008 when the album is ready for release.

So I asked you, is it the same if you drive 120MPH outside a school or if you drive 30MPH?

man, you're acting just like beta and universal - claiming that the hardcore fans do not support the band.  whatever. 

No, I know several real hardcore fans who support the band.

People who don't think the band owes them.

/jarmo

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2008, 09:51:37 PM »

ok, you can all say what you like, but no one here not even Jarmo can claim that they have not downloaded a leak or leaks from somewhere, which raises the question aren't we all to blame?

Jarmo?

Gunsguy
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »

lol...

this is facism.

don't tell me i don't support the band, man.  i don't think the band owes me shit.

i am just not on the payroll.

jarmo, you've sold out and now you're suffering.  i'm sorry. your "unofficial" forum has gone to hell like the URL predicted.  unfortunately, you're working for dinosaurs and you're lost in the dust.  i don't mean any offence to you, but i respect freedom of speech and this definately isn't a venue for that.

good luck homes.
 peace

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

their isn't and here is way.

1. a leak is a leak regardless of how much you leak.
2. what difference does it make about what time frame this leaks . they still have the same amount of damage. 

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »

you have to agree though that this was the most damaging and publicized leak. i mean shit even my parents were aware of it.

the guy fucked up and now hes paying the price. its that simple

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »

I don't hate jarmo at all (in fact i quite like him)...

however, and i've argued about this with him before, but HTGTH is just a PR dept for GNR.  back in 2004 or 2005 (can't remember), HTGTH was moved to sanctuary servers.  pictures appeared of jarmo backstage at various GNR shows.  Jarmo later claimed and proved that the forum had been moved off sanctuary servers, however there is obviously a very close relationship between HTGTH and GNR, enough to invalidate the HTGTH claim of being an 'unoffical' GNR forum.

perhaps HTGTH is GNRs attempt at reaching out at fans, but if so, that is sad because they have utterly failed.

no offence jarmo.  i'm just disagreeing with the way you guys are approaching things.   completely.

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »

you have to agree though that this was the most damaging and publicized leak. i mean shit even my parents were aware of it.

the guy fucked up and now hes paying the price. its that simple

youre parents knew cause you knew, the general public never did thats a fact, now that this happened every corner of the universe knows GNR tunes are online!  Congrats GNR or RIAA, you have just advertized the leaks to everyone to go run and download

Gunsguy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2008, 09:58:29 PM »

their isn't and here is way.

1. a leak is a leak regardless of how much you leak.
2. what difference does it make about what time frame this leaks . they still have the same amount of damage. 

Are you serious?

In Timothy's perfect world, speeding is all the same.

You kill one guy, it's the same as killing an entire country...

jarmo, you've sold out and now you're suffering.

Yeah yeah yeah, I sold out.

You didn't whine when we had pre-sales in 2006.

Now move along.

I'm not the one who this thread is about.

/jarmo

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2008, 10:00:36 PM »

Jarmo, would you be willing to say you have not downloaded any leaks?  I know we all have, does that not mean we are all guilty of something?

gunsguy
cineater
Legend

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »

I feel really bad for all of us.  Not how any one wanted any of this to go down, it's the times we live.  It's out of our hands, a bigger issue then GNR, then one record company.  This is the test case.  It belongs to the lawyers and the courts.  Belongs with issues like internet stalking.  It won't be decided by us.

I'm sorry we have to be in the middle of this issue but when it comes to influenial bands, the name GNR is always in the thick of it and setting the standards.  I don't think they mean to, it's just their nature to blaze the trail.  Long may you run GNR, never change.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: