Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Max Payne movie to have gnr?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Max Payne movie to have gnr?  (Read 10306 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

didnt have to make fun of the guy for asking a simple question. jeez

I would never make fun of anyone.
It's just that the whole concept of a movie studio paying millions  to get a speciftic song by any band to appear on a  movie, with expense of special effects even..well, heh.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »

well as was said else where it might be less than that someone else posted saying 750K which is still a lot of money just for a song in a film.... so before saying anything READ!

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »

Millions? Even the Led Zep song in School of Rock only cost around $200K.  No way is a GN'R song going to cost more than that.

Why do you think it might cost more?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »

why do you think eggers thinks so? If you read the opening post it says some one at a non GNR related board St Jimmyuk came across said so .

I was doing a search for shaklers information on google the other day to see what other people (non-gnr) fans are saying about it and I came across a thread of people really angry at gnr saying how bad they are etc however this is moving away from my point.  Someone also pointed out how the makers of this film (Max Payne) based on the video game have maid millions to use a gnr song and now are cutting the special effects budget massively instead of just dropping the song.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »

Marco Beltrami is doing the music for the movie, so there is that possible connection to the GN'R camp, the movie is coming out in october so the timing (with Rock Band 2) would seem to make sense, rated PG-13 so it has wide audience, also looks to be the only upcoming movie for the rest of the year that possibly could have a GN'R song in it, well except for maybe Madagascar 2  Grin

So it could be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath

have you noticed every single preview for Death Race has jungle playing? big blockbuster jason statham film about prisoners driving badass cars suped up with guns and shit shooting eachother up with jungle in the background not too long right after the shacklers revenge announcement.. oh yeah, there's some publicity going
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:13:00 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »

Marco Beltrami is doing the music for the movie, so there is that possible connection to the GN'R camp, the movie is coming out in october so the timing (with Rock Band 2) would seem to make sense, rated PG-13 so it has wide audience, also looks to be the only upcoming movie for the rest of the year that possibly could have a GN'R song in it, well except for maybe Madagascar 2  Grin

So it could be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath

have you noticed every single preview for Death Race has jungle playing? big blockbuster jason statham film about prisoners driving badass cars suped up with guns and shit shooting eachother up with jungle in the background not too long right after the shacklers revenge announcement.. oh yeah, there's some publicity going

yeah, but death race isnt a blockbuster, its a B-movie. Might not be straight to DVD, but its a B-movie, all of Statham's movies are. Transporter 2 was an attempt to make him into A-lister, but it sucked.

My point is, that movie isn't exactly gonna have a tremendously high budget, at least not as high as Max Payne. So if they can afford WTTJ, and Step Brothers used SCOM, then whatever Payne "allegedly" paid for, would have to be something new.  I dont see it paying that much for a song though. This is bull. At least the part about money is.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 07:18:51 AM »

the film has not got statham in it, its a guy richie movie, and his films although never get the publicity are always great films to see and i guess it will take quite a bit of money in.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »

the film has not got statham in it, its a guy richie movie

What is?
Neither Max Payne, or Death Race is a Guy Ritchie film.

Death Race stars Jason Statham.
Max Payne stars Mark Wahlberg.

Guy Ritchie's newest film is RocknRolla starring Gerard Butler.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »

oh i'm getting muddled up Smiley

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »

I Just saw commercial for Max Payne (Rel Oct 17) - very industrial music for trailer - any word on wether we are getting a Gn'R track in this movie?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 09:37:46 PM »

Anything's possible considering we only found out about "Body of Lies" two weeks before its release...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:31 PM »

I think shackler's revenge would be great in the movie because its hard enough and the lyrics work so well with the max story!

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

I Just saw commercial for Max Payne (Rel Oct 17) - very industrial music for trailer - any word on wether we are getting a Gn'R track in this movie?

i know i said the same thing when i first saw that movie on tv. I heard the music though "huh thats pretty cool" then it said Max Payne and i remembered this thread and thought Hmm i wonder if its G'n'R.

Although i wish it was, i think its not because we would have heard something by now

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

Anything's possible considering we only found out about "Body of Lies" two weeks before its release...

I would think the inclusion of a song in "Body of Lies" rules another new song in another new movie out.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »

i know i said the same thing when i first saw that movie on tv. I heard the music though "huh thats pretty cool" then it said Max Payne and i remembered this thread and thought Hmm i wonder if its G'n'R.

Although i wish it was, i think its not because we would have heard something by now

It's actually Marilyn Manson in the Max Payne previews

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 04:31:29 AM »

you beat me too it!

anyway does not mean there won't be a gnr song in the film lets wait and see my guess would be shackler's I doubt they are going  to be selling too many new songs all out in one go (without the album?)

big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 05:17:26 AM »

Yeah I think it's that song If I Was Your Vampire from his last record.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 06:16:11 AM »

Yeah I think it's that song If I Was Your Vampire from his last record.

it sure is that song bow
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »

I know about Manson...but earlier in this thread someone claimed they 'spent $750k to use a GnR song'...you would think we would know for sure one way or another by now!?!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »

again this was only conversation on a forum so their facts may be wrong but apparently its enough to cause fury over the fact they are cutting the budget for special effects than drop the song.

Someone wrong on a forum somewhere?  That would NEVER happen. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: