Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The New Pandemic...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The New Pandemic...  (Read 2278 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« on: August 08, 2008, 09:08:37 AM »

It is often forgotten now, when it's all coming to and end, how it  actually began. No Wonder,  for  the early life of this pandemic was very modest and ordinary. I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back. Not that there is much change to make a difference anymore. It's hard to prevent an explosion  after blast wave has already  destroyed most things you love.But perhaps it's easier to walk in the ruins of all good that was if we learn to understand how it all happened.

It first appeared  around summer of 2007.
Some dude made that cool photoshop version of the Man who laughsand  people thought it was cool to use it in  profiles and desktop themes.
Heck, I had it on my desktop too for a few months. God how naive we all were back then. Now..after everything, it feels like a million years ago rather than something that took place only  last summer.

Back then, everyone  thought it was nothing alarming. The phenomena seemed nothing more than it's own little island  among millions of others in vast ochean of user profiles and signatures. Maybe we could have stopped it back then. But how were we supposed to know?

Later that summer, the first real  promo pic appeared.   It was just an extreme close up of a white face with shitty makeup plastered over it. The minimalist approach  left masses intrigued over the movie and character, but everyone was little unimpressed  of  the picture itself. It infected only few profiles.
The modest effect of the promo pic bought humanity few extra months. If only we had made most of them. Isn't it funny how we can appreciate time only now, when we are running out of it?
We obeserved the few rare infected profiles with indifference. They were just Internet forum profiles after all, who gives a shit? Europeans of 14th century watched rats with same kind of indifference just before plague hit them..

Rest is history. Heath Ledger fucking dies!!!We had failed to see the signs and had made no preparations. We were like a little rotting wooden shed on the shore that gets hit by a massive tidal wave after another. Virus punctured through our non-existent defenses, millions of profiles fell before most had even heard of Ledger's death.

After Ledger's death the Joker virus mutates into something that closely resembles extremely destructive Brandon Lee-strain  of mid 90's.
Imagine what sort of damage Brandon Lee infection would have caused, if  Internet had been as widely used and sophisticated as it is now? What then wrecked havoc in the form of t-shirts and cheesy posters stayed away from Internet; thanks to very ungraphic state it still had. The lack of sophisticated geek-tehchnology saved us, as a race.

Now..now it's very different.
After Ledger's death, millions of profiles in hundreds of thousands of  message boards got infected basically overnight
While crisis is most severe in predictable goth hideouts such as forums dedicated to people like Marilyn Manson or Tim Burton, it instantly became obvious that no one was safe.
Geek forums discussing computer games, forums evolving around  good ol cock rock  of 80's, secure seeming red neck hideouts..everything, simply everything got infected. Infected profiles would appear and spread panic in even most unlikely places.
 I'm sure that somewhere out there is Middle Aged Mothers United (MAMU!) -forums, with username Phyldia1961 who has a SUPER COOL .gif-pic  of Joker clapping his hans in prison cell  in her profile, with some sort of a "WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!",or perhaps " I'm simple man gief dynamite!!=" - thing quoted in her signature.

The new Batman premiered  about 3 weeks back or so, and according to my calculations  approximately 82% of  ALL  user profiles EVERYWHERE in Internet have some sort of Joker-reference or picture in them!!

I have decided  this is just unacceptable.
 It's cool character and cool movie and cool actor and cool everything but let's pull a line in here somewhere!!
I mean..for fucks sake!!
 Just head to any Marilyn Manson forum and try to find a thread that DOES NOT have ATLEAST 3 (THREE) different users sporting some sort of a fucking WHY SO SERIOUS -  bullshitfest in their profile, I double dare you!!

Of course, you don't have to head all the way to a Manson forum  to spot  that, we have our own diceased and spreaders of infection right here!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!!! Change your profile right now!!!
Enough with having to see Heath Ledger's joker  everywhere all the time!!!

WHY SO SERIOUS MOTHERFUCKERS?!?!?!?!+11+1+1+1+1+

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:50:02 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »

Yeah the movie was so so. Anybody could've pulled off the Joker - I don't get the coolaid people like to swallow?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »

the joker was awesome but I agree overall the movie was meh

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »

U dudes are so full of shit it isn't even funny.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 05:09:54 PM »

while i dont have an issue with it.

Now you mention it, i do see a Batman related thing everywhere.

On Scuzz forums  (music TV channel) people have got the why so serious quote.

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 05:25:27 PM »

U dudes are so full of shit it isn't even funny.

Less talk more profile changing!!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

Saying anyone could've played The joker is just ridiculous and being a hater cause you can't stand for whatever reason an actor getting tons of credit.

He isnt getting it cause he died, he is getting it cause it is well deserved.

I love when nerds on message forums argue over nerdy shit people on message boards do.

WE are all nerds, so why hate?  I thought the joker was one of the coolest most bad ass quotable characters to come around in a long time. AND NO it just wasn't the written dialogue. The delivery is what MADE that dialogue so kick ass. If it were delivered other ways, it wouldnt be as memorable but Ledger's timing and voice were perfect.

Message forums are for geeks, nerds and fanboys.

So why wouldnt it be filled with awesome Joker stuff?

I guess u are the same guys who think its "Uncool" to wear a band's shirt to their gig.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: