Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Beijing Olympics 2008
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beijing Olympics 2008  (Read 45384 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »

Faldor's right.  I don't understand your "hatred" of Phelps.  wtf?  Seriously, what the hell could he have said or done to give you a different reaction?

I am more mystified by the number of lady fans he's got out there.  It's a good mystified, because it tells guys around the world who aren't very good-looking, looks aren't everything!   hihi 

Give the man some credit.  He worked his ass off.  He won 8 gold medals.  That is just pretty fucking amazing.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

Well this thread went down hill. Seriously wtf? I see nothing wrong with anything Phelps said. He was very appreciative of the help from his team. They really like him and get along. The guy works very hard to have been able to do what he did and was very gracious with it all give the guy a break.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

Not to add any fuel to the fire, and I especially don't want to join the anti-Phelps revolution LeftToDecay has started, but I saw this online and it fits in.  Before that though I must preface I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything Phelps has said or any of his actions at the Olympics.  The man is the best swimmer ever, hands down.  If he gave a big FU to the rest of the swimming world I'd have trouble disagreeing with him, but he's been nothing but classy IMO.  Anyway, this is for LeftToDecay.  I'm sure he'll love this.  I hope you still hate me, don't consider this a peace offering.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/08/19/just-asking-is-michael-phelps-a-douche/

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2008, 01:59:10 AM »

Chad Johnson could out swim Michael Phelps, or so he says.

Here Today . . .
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2008, 03:21:44 AM »

Not to add any fuel to the fire, and I especially don't want to join the anti-Phelps revolution LeftToDecay has started, but I saw this online and it fits in.  Before that though I must preface I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything Phelps has said or any of his actions at the Olympics.  The man is the best swimmer ever, hands down.  If he gave a big FU to the rest of the swimming world I'd have trouble disagreeing with him, but he's been nothing but classy IMO.  Anyway, this is for LeftToDecay.  I'm sure he'll love this.  I hope you still hate me, don't consider this a peace offering.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/08/19/just-asking-is-michael-phelps-a-douche/

Ooh don't worry, it takes more than an innocent link to get off from my list!

I most likeky have no other option than starting to hate the witer of that article too though.
I stongly dislike his/her way of making it look like Pheleps was just harmless fashion issue you can write light heared and " fun" articles about. People like this play it directly in Phelps' pocket.
Which must be why you pisted the link in 1st place right? Nice try.
If Cthulhu wakes up and begins to roam earth, consuming souls and igniting infinite suffering, you don't make light heared and " fun" page of him either, even if he does have a mullet. Which he prolly don't because of the whole tentacle head thing but it is possible.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2008, 04:47:04 AM »

I could care less what athletes do on their own time.

Cut the guy some slack, he's from Baltimore!

That cutie pie Shawn Johnson won the gold medal on the beam!

The Pole was going "awwww" the whole time.  I had just gotten to my cousins house from the Dodger game (they lost) and I was so depressed.  Shawn does her thing and I instantaneously go  Grin!

Shawn and Nastia bring home 9 medals for the U.S.  They are fantastic!

Did anyone watch the 100 M hurdle race?  Poor LOLO, she clipped the 9th hurdle and went from first to seventh.

Ouch.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2008, 05:16:29 AM »

I could care less what athletes do on their own time.

Cut the guy some slack, he's from Baltimore!

That cutie pie Shawn Johnson won the gold medal on the beam!

The Pole was going "awwww" the whole time.  I had just gotten to my cousins house from the Dodger game (they lost) and I was so depressed.  Shawn does her thing and I instantaneously go  Grin!

Shawn and Nastia bring home 9 medals for the U.S.  They are fantastic!

Did anyone watch the 100 M hurdle race?  Poor LOLO, she clipped the 9th hurdle and went from first to seventh.

Ouch.

Yeah i saw that horrible break for Lolo but just the way things happens sometimes.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2008, 11:26:40 AM »

Holy shit that was an amazing race.... and to a -0.9m/s wind.

The Jamaicans are dominating the short distances completely both in men and in women. I don't know which run from Bolt was better, but surely the 200m record was harder to beat. I thought it would take at least 10 more years 'till someone broke it.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

Bolt is unbelievable....the guys just not human! Incredible athlete that probably won't be rivaled for many years.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »

Chad Johnson could out swim Michael Phelps, or so he says.

Everyone knows that Chad is an overrated ignorant prick.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

i haven't watched nearly as much as i planned to do, probably since it starts 3 in the morning and ends 6 in the evening.. 2012 will be much better time schedule but i guess i have to get a job by then hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:48 AM »

The U.S. sweeps beach volleyball!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2008, 07:24:33 AM »

The U.S. sweeps beach volleyball!

Yep! and we have a shot at doing it in the indoor as well. Did you see that game last night against the russians? Now that was tense.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2008, 07:44:26 AM »

Wow - I can't believe that anyone would dislike Michael Phelps.  He was amazing and very down to earth if you ask me.  Now, that Bernard dude from France got what he deserved.  ok

Will Nastia end up with another gold?  Are the Chinese girls too young??

Why don't you just....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »

The Chinese girls are definitely too young.  That one girl looks like she's 12 at the most.  I was actually surprised to hear they found documents saying she was 14.  I don't even believe she's that old.  Apparently they're not investigating anymore though, so it's a moot point.

How about the US relay teams unable to pass the baton?  That's been a recurring problem in the Olympics.  You think they'd clean that up one of these years.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2008, 08:44:56 AM »

The Chinese girls are definitely too young.  That one girl looks like she's 12 at the most.  I was actually surprised to hear they found documents saying she was 14.  I don't even believe she's that old.  Apparently they're not investigating anymore though, so it's a moot point.

I agree.  When I first saw them, I thought they were 10-12 years old.

How about the US relay teams unable to pass the baton?  That's been a recurring problem in the Olympics.  You think they'd clean that up one of these years.

No kidding!  They were leading too...  Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.  It was great to see the sweep in the 400-meter dash after that though.

Why don't you just....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2008, 09:01:38 AM »

The guy made it look so easy which it isnt to run that fast of a sprint

I respect the accomplishment, I just think he could have handled it a different way....less Chad Johnson-ish, more Marvin Harrison-ish.   Wink

The slowing down was one thing, but the pose before the race was the bigger deal to me.  Just sayin'  Grin
I would loooove to see what he could do on a football field.   yes  Make this man a Minnesota Viking!!!  beer

By be "more Marvin Harrison-ish" did you mean shoot someone outside of a restaurant?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:05:24 AM by C0ma » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »

Boys 400 relay is on. go Jamaica! Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »

broke a pretty nice record there Cheesy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »

broke a pretty nice record there Cheesy

Bolt's got three gold medals and world records.  Cheesy What a man! and  phelps.
and strangely uk is getting lots of medals.

Love Beijing 2008.

I agree.  When I first saw them, I thought they were 10-12 years old.

One of them looked like a toddler to me. I hope they are not really 16 for their sakes....

anyhoo who knows. There's been always some athletes doping and shit.
  in any case that never makes other Olympians plays unfair.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: