Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:23:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Beijing Olympics 2008
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beijing Olympics 2008  (Read 45352 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2008, 04:10:34 AM »

I did watch the olympics a bit this weekend...

USA killed us in basketball. I knew this redeem team was more serious that the one 4 years ago, but I sure didnt expect a 37 point difference against the current world champs (Spain). USA did everything right, even the 3 point percentage was close to 50%. I was impressed by all aspects of their game, however, their defense intensity was mind blowing. Even with two minutes left and a 33 point gap, their defense was the best I've seen all Championship long.

I also caught the swiming highlights. Amazing effort by Phelps. He finally made it! I just wish I could eat half as much as he does and still not gain a pound.

Bolt's run was also incredible. He could've stopped the clock at 9.59. He let go in the last 20 meters so he gets a chance to beat his own record soon.

And what can I say about Rafael Nadal... He's now won the Gold medal in tennis, Roland Garros and Wimbledon in the same year....and, if you take a look at http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/ he's now - officially - world's best tennis player!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »

The guy made it look so easy which it isnt to run that fast of a sprint

I respect the accomplishment, I just think he could have handled it a different way....less Chad Johnson-ish, more Marvin Harrison-ish.   Wink

The slowing down was one thing, but the pose before the race was the bigger deal to me.  Just sayin'  Grin
I would loooove to see what he could do on a football field.   yes  Make this man a Minnesota Viking!!!  beer

I missed the race but

several months ish ago  saw a  documentary on him in which he told as how he got all nervous and sleepless before big world meetings. as a result he couldn?t win despite the world record he already hold and his ultimate ideal physiques other sprinters could only dream.
The race is not to the swift.

This time he concentrated on winning.

My take is that he was overjoyed that he finally overcame his weakness in the biggest event
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:41 PM »

Frank Costanza!!!   rofl   rofl   rofl, thanks for the laugh man!  Oh, Smoking Guns, that was funny.  Smiley

Seriously, I'm more of a Nastia man.  She's just so damn elegant.   yes...although the Romanian was damn cute.

Bela was right, Sacramoni or however ya spell her name was robbed.  Yes, I know, I don't understand gymnastics scoring, but Bela does.

I will say this about Shawn, she seems like a really nice girl.  Nastia comes off as being a bit colder...she has that un-gettable air about her that makes her even hotter!  hihi  It's like when George Costanza was crazy about that chick who hated him. "She hates me so much, she's irresistable!"   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »

Michael Phelps pisses me off.

When he says "Yeah with these 7 golds i proved you can achieve all you want if you really put your mind to it, work hard  and try!" it translates as
I am a cocksucker and love myself from it. However, I am so fucking arrogant that I haven't realiezed  you know it too!"

I have a feeling there's a swimmer or 2 in the pool who have worked just as hard as he has, and who want to win just as much as he does, but just aren't born swimmer manfishes  to a degree he is. And yet, this guy gives press statements that suggest he was there doctoring his own fucking genepool some 9 months before borning.
BUT HAY MAYBE THATS POSSIBLE TOO! MAYBE YOU CAN PICK YOUR OWN GENES AND WHATNOT IF YOU REALLY OUT YOUR MIND TO IT
..All American cunt!! Smiley

It's like someone complrmenting " why, what a beautiful pair of blue eyes you have" and you replying "Th?Huh-???nks,  I did fucking amazing job with them even if i say so myself. Apparently I have more !!!WILL!!! than you, because you don't have such a lovely pair"

P.S Tarzan is much better swimmer than he could ever be.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 09:52:59 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »

Michael Phelps is far from the first athlete to use that statement to describe his accomplishments.  I think 90% of the Olympians would say they worked hard.  Not sure what's so wrong with that.  Would you rather him have said, "It comes naturally to me.  I really didn't train that hard at all, apparently I'm just THAT much better than everyone else".  Not sure what you were looking for him to say.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:54 AM »

After winning his 8th gold medal, the first thing Phelps said to his teammates was that he couldn't have accomplished this without them and thanked them.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »

After winning his 8th gold medal, the first thing Phelps said to his teammates was that he couldn't have accomplished this without them and thanked them.
"Awwww, you ppl helped ME win another medal, th?Huh-???nks, hope they give you guys something too sometime or whatever. "

My newly born hatered of him seems to be growing!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:26:03 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »

"Awwww, you ppl helped ME win another medal, th?Huh-???nks, hope they give you guys something too sometime or whatever. "

Yeah it seems he can't say anything to win you over.  Lost cause.  That's one gold medal he won't be receiving.  I don't get it, but whatever.  People are prone to hate winners, or successful people I guess.  There are plenty of more arrogant athletes than Michael Phelps, I promise you that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »

Yeah it seems he can't say anything to win you over.  Lost cause.  That's one gold medal he won't be receiving.  I don't get it, but whatever.  People are prone to hate winners, or successful people I guess.  There are plenty of more arrogant athletes than Michael Phelps, I promise you that.

He's only athelete i can think of right now, whom I hate so! So clearly he is doing something wrong here. yes
He really needs to clean up his act if he wants this hate-business to end anytime  soon.

...Hmmm I dont like your tone either actually. Watch out or I might have to start hating you aswell!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:03:47 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2008, 11:05:41 AM »

Maybe you need to shut the fuck up?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »

Maybe you need to shut the fuck up?

/jarmo
Such rudeness!!
You stay out of this boi or you end up on my list between  Phelps and Faldor.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »

Seriously.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »

Seriously.

/jarmo

Are you serious?

See, now this all is going off topic because of Youuu. I dissed a swimmer whose press conference I thought was annoying. Why is this such a capital sin, whyy?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »

You're so funny:

...Hmmm I dont like your tone either actually. Watch out or I might have to start hating you aswell!

/jarmo

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »

You're so funny:

/jarmo

Thanks Smiley

Even though you might find it very funny I must admit that this stuff is very subjective. Believe it or not, there might be people in here who dont think that comment was fun at all!
However, regardless of how fun or anti-fun anyone sees that statement, I'm almost certain no1 here takes it very seriously or believes who ever wrote it is doing anything but either tying to be funny or entertaining himself.

Context!!!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »

Maybe you should hate Evil? instead.

Talk about hyping himself up and then falling flat on his face.

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

How did you do that?  Shocked

I didn't know Phelps was a super saiyan!  finally phelps is distantly connected to GNR.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

I see phelps was using kamehameha  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »

He's only athelete i can think of right now, whom I hate so! So clearly he is doing something wrong here. yes
He really needs to clean up his act if he wants this hate-business to end anytime  soon.

I don't mind you hating me, I just wish it was because I won 8 gold medals and not because I stuck up for someone who did.  I guess I'll have to deal with that though.  Maybe in 2012 I'll get my shot.  Now I just have to start training.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: