Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What if Axl collaborated with?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if Axl collaborated with?  (Read 4706 times)
GeraldFord
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

Okay, since we have some (a lot) of downtime waiting for Axl to make his next move, let?s discuss the hypothetical?

You know how Robert Plant collaborated with Alison Krauss? Well what artists would you like to see Axl work with? Which three would (realistically) work, in your opinion? I?d go with:

(1) Tori Amos. Know this would actually be really, really cool, both on record and on tour. It would also be really, really interesting and unexpected. Both sort of go for the epic, soul-searching, reflective type of songs, so I can see this happening.
(2) Trent Reznor. This would be really interesting. Don?t know if TR would be up for it though?
(3) Eddie Van Halen. VH actually could have gone with Axl at some point, maybe after Hagar left in the mid-to-late 90s. Eddie?s screeching solos over Axl?s singing? That would be fucking filler.   
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 02:59:11 PM »

i'm all for a collaboration with dr. dre Tongue
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:09:44 PM »

i'm all for a collaboration with dr. dre Tongue

That'd actually be kinda cool. Maybe one song...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »

Don't think Axl would have fit in w/ VH...But as for collaberations how this:
Rform the Traveling Wilbury's w/ it's 2 living members Bob Dylan and Tom Petty..Round it off w/ Axl and Tommy Shaw..
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »

As far as females go, I remember Axl once commenting that he liked Fiona Apple's music.  What do ya think? Would it work?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »

I would love to hear axl and fiona together..
she is one of last true artist in the bussines

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 10:43:35 AM »

Damn, I'm a HUGE Fiona Apple fan. IMO, it would be something extraordinary and would really work well.

They both are soulful singers and loves piano driven songs with really deep lyrics. I think Fiona has the anger and the passion that fits with Axl. And both had problems to release a record... hihi

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

Rform the Traveling Wilbury's w/ it's 2 living members Bob Dylan and Tom Petty..Round it off w/ Axl and Tommy Shaw..

I'm sorry but I cannot see this being  good idea, and i like everyone in the Traveling wilbury's and i love axl, it just wouldn't mesh

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 09:06:03 AM »

- Sarah McLachlan

- Melissa Etheridge

- Alanis Morissette

- Amanda Marshall

- Tori Amos

- Fiona Apple
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 09:08:35 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 09:15:25 AM »

the 3 secret performers...

Axl Rose Tom petty and Britney spears peace
Free falling Tongue

that would be cool.. though Brit has to have cloths on...Tongue
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »

Omg I cant stand Bob Dylan or Tom Petty lol! I would be a unhappy fan Sad

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:25 AM »

I remember a couple years ago reading somewhere how much Axl was drawn to Christina Agulera's voice. I can't imagine what the two would sound like together. Could be interesting, but not sure it would work.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

would love to see (2) or with radiohead or jack white. would be hell interesting.

I remember a couple years ago reading somewhere how much Axl was drawn to Christina Agulera's voice. I can't imagine what the two would sound like together. Could be interesting, but not sure it would work.
I think it would. and yep interesting. I think I haven't heard his duet with a female singer.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 12:04:06 PM »

I would love to hear a Axl, Shaq, track !!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »

Damn, I'm a HUGE Fiona Apple fan. IMO, it would be something extraordinary and would really work well.

They both are soulful singers and loves piano driven songs with really deep lyrics. I think Fiona has the anger and the passion that fits with Axl. And both had problems to release a record... hihi
yep
just imagine fiona backin vocals in CITR

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »

it exists...according to Spin magazine in 1999
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »

it exists...according to Spin magazine in 1999

wasn't it more like dizzy and freese and some other guys in the band were jamming and shaq was in the studio next door so he went in and freestyled and jammed with them? maybe they didn't even record it or axl didn't like it or whatever,

who knows, what did that article say about it?

"Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes"  rofl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »

wasn't it more like dizzy and freese and some other guys in the band were jamming and shaq was in the studio next door so he went in and freestyled and jammed with them? maybe they didn't even record it or axl didn't like it or whatever,

Something like that.

Edit:
There are rumors that Shaq- Shaquille O'Neal rapped on the album at Axl's request.

I don't know if anything's happened since... but I jammed with Shaq. At one point I was down at this rehearsal... this rehearsal place in Santa Monica writing songs with Paul [Tobias]. And my friend Syd was playing drums- just drumming for us. We were basically just writing and recording stuff- writing and recording constantly, just basically waiting for everyone else to basically show up. And there are these satellite recording studios around that soundstage and they do a lot of commercials and back when Shaq was still with the Orlando Magic- he was doing a Taco Bell commercial next door so he heard that we were next door so he wanted to come say hi... but there like the only one there is Dizzy so he says 'well, I'll say hi to Dizzy' so the door opens and this gigantic man comes in and I'm like 'who the hell's that?' and he's like 'hey dizzy!' and he's getting closer and closer and bigger and bigger- I realize its fuckin' Shaquille O'Neal. Holy shit. So.. we talked for a little bit and then he asked me to play my keyboard and I said 'sure' and he sat down and disintegrated my stool... smashed it into little pieces [everyone laughs]... granted shaking Shaq's hand is like shaking a frying pan [I ask what that means] ... well.. I mean its so big [Dizzy shows how difficult it would be to shake a frying pan] Anyway, so he breaks my stool into little pieces and he looks at me and goes 'man, I broke Guns N' Roses' stool.' And I say 'yea, we'll send you a bill for that later' and he doesn't say anything and so I'm like "just kidding..." And so we got him another stool and he sits down and starts playing this... polysynth [?] sound... this riff on my keyboards... and it was really cool. And so... I look over at the drummer and motion for him to.. you know... get a hiphop beat going... and Syd goes into this groove... and Shaq started vibin' on it and Paul started playing guitar... and Shaq looks over at me... and like this magic thing happened- he says 'take over' and so I watch what he's playing and I sat down and started playing it. And he got this groove- this vibe going and he and his buddies grabbed the mic and started doing this rap. And our engineer Tommy was rolling tape the entire time... so... and I mean it was really cool... I mean the time he was just joking around and they started dancing and they danced their way out of the studio and we kept playing the beat 'cause it was cool and they came back in, sort of like an encore, and did some more stuff. like Shaq started doing the worm- I mean if you've ever seen a 7 foot... 300 pound guy do the worm... its the most amazing thing. And they bailed. It was the most amazing thing. And I mean I don't know if anything's happened since then but that's probably where that story comes from.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1152&Itemid=42
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:28:05 PM by AdZ » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »

I have always wanted to here Axl work with a female artist!! I think that would be great.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »

Glass would shatter everywhere. Would sound like two cats having sex

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: