Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game X: TNA Invasion
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game X: TNA Invasion  (Read 208624 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #720 on: October 15, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »

Ok D, you want to know why I think you drafted terrible in this game?

Heres your Original Team

Matt Hardy, Big Show, Randy Orton, Lance Cade, Robert Roode ($0)

Matt Hardy= Best Pick of your team. I think everyone knew if he was available at your pick that you would snag him up, being he was having a huge ECW push and would most likely be in the title scene and on Every PPV for the rest of the game, Looking at past scores he is truly and A- pick with the 1st Round 6 Overall pick on draft day, later on he has turned out to be an A+ pick, best guy available for you at your position.

Big Show:, Coming from the second round, 19th Overall Pick, was not a great spot. Sure everyone believes the WWE is going to give him huge things ahead as he did a HUGE JOB to Mayweather at WM. I think WWE owes him for definently putting the company over his own good. The black eye and pictures on WWE afterwards helped him save face and having Floyd with his cronies and brass knuckles helped him save face.  Bad Things, he?s a big guy and they get injured and tired faster. Way back in the day Vince Sr believe in using Andre sparingly so when people seen his size they would be amazed, so I don?t see the Big Show wrestling on every SD, Being he is not in the title scene I don?t see him also wrestling on every PPV. He is best related to the Undertaker here, Sure he will have great days on PPVs but at what cost to points earned off SD. With people Like Kingston riding high as an ex IC Champ, Morrison being an ECW and SD/Raw wrestler, Brian Kendrick getting the PUSH of the year, Shelton Benjamin & MVP solid Midcard SD guys, I see them as much better picks, You believed in a lot of Squash matches for High Points, the rest of us believed in fewer matches, and more run ins. I think at Best he was a solid C- pick here on draft day, and since then he probably has moved up to a C+/B- pick.

Randy Orton:, 3rd round 30th Overall Pick. You thought you snuck one out here, with RKO coming back soon and he should have been a first round pick if and a big IF he was wrestling. Before the game you were DECLARING yourself the first person to repeat and defend a title. You said that you had to make risky all or nothing moves to repeat. Well I think in this position you were wrong. You say that if it wasn?t for the motorcycle crash he would be back and the World Champion. No one knows that for sure not even Vince. They are not going to throw a title on someone who just came back from a serious injury, until they know they will be able to perform in ring. I also debate whether or not the accident even happened, RKO claims police where there and woke him up and there is no police report anywhere? I think it was another story that can only happen in a WWE Universe. While in this position you could of picked up the likes of: HBK (PPV performer mostly and raw wrestler) Beth Pheonix, who we all knew was in the women?s title scene. Mickie james top face woman?s wrestler, Booker T from TNA, Natalya (who we all thought was a LOCK for the fame for the DIVA title when introduced) RKO has gotten you 0 points, you claim you had to do high risks to repeat, which I don?t think you have to. I think Even if he comes back at SS he will be looking at getting you at most 100 points. I think This pick is around a D- on draft day and if he comes back to wrestle at SS maybe a D+ / C- pick.

Lance Cade: 4th Round 43 Overall Pick Lance Cade. Who was also recovering from a Broken Nose (if I am remembering correctly). You thought after dishing away Trevor they were going to make him the next big push on RAW as a heel.  Well that didn?t happen. You kept saying with Great Power comes Great Responsibility. No wait that was Spiderman, Donnieman said YOU HAVE TO TAKE GREAT RISKS FOR GREAT REAWRDS. So at this point in the draft you had 2 Injured superstars, and BIG SHOW who most everyone thought was going to wrestle very little.  You could have had the Michelle Mckool, Santino, or a few other guys, After already drafting 1 injured guy it would of made a lot more sense to pick a Healthy Wrestler at this position. At the time I thought he was a C- level pick, and if you still had him to this day he would be a D-, or an F now that he was released.

Robert Roode: 5th Round. 54th overall pick.  I knew you were going to pick him after winning the tag titles on the last TNA PPV before this game. I knew nothing about the guy and picked Rhyno, which was a mistake on my part, but I even called it before you picked it, that you would be taking him, from this Position I think Roode would have been a B+ pick, and seeing him hold onto and defend that title on PPV is the reason you are still in this game and I think that would now make him a solid A Pick.

Your draft on Draft Day I would say is

A- Matt Hardy
C- Big Show
D- RKO
C- Lance Cade
B+ Roode

-----------------
How your original team would look Today

A+  = Matt hardy
C+/B- = Big Show
D+ = RKO
D-/F = Lance Cade
A = Roode

That?s why I would say you drafted terrible and I stick to my opinion, its my opinion and I am entitled to it. Also I remember during the drafting that the next PPV poster featured Bastita on the cover. I thought he was going to have a great shot at being the next Champion on Raw and I was 50/50 on whether I was going to take Cena or Bastita. Lucky for you Donnie I picked Cena, If I would of taken Bastita I would Have +120 points more and still have $120,000 in cash for trades.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #721 on: October 15, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

Oh lord Cowbell

Making an exaggerated statement to show what an upset something would be and placing a bet are two different things.

I don't welch on bets. never, not once

Had I told Slash that we were betting, thats different. I was just making a statement.

The more shit u talk, the Worst Signature and Avatar Im gonna make u rock.

U better pray to God's of WWE that Randy Orton doesn't come back in like 2 weeks. If he does, I have an amazing shot at repeating.

Don't worry, though, I wouldn't make u retire, I like beating u too much.

U know

If Hamster wins the Wooden Spoon, he will truly be the Grand Slam Champion. hihi hihi hihi

I think I like my Avatar I got now. How about u?

He is like Rasputin on Steroids.

Don't mention Rasputin to Me Donnie,

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #722 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

Hindsight is always 20/20.  It's easy to look back and lament someone now.

How much money did you blow just to make your team the same as it was at the start?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #723 on: October 15, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »

Hindsight is always 20/20.  It's easy to look back and lament someone now.

How much money did you blow just to make your team the same as it was at the start?

$120,000 to make it the same, When Cena went down I stood no chance at winning. When you draft from near the top you need your first pick to be a huge point scorer. I blew money like no tomorrow, causing my own financial downfall. And only have the Tag titles to look forward too.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »

I bid 20 on Maryse and drop Mickie

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »

Orton was an A+ pick when I drafted him cause he was for a fact due back at Summerslam. Now whether or not he wins the title doesn't even matter, cause he still would've been good for 20 on PPV and at least 30+ points a month on Raw

So u figure, Even without a title Orton probably has me over 120pts.

U add that to my score and I am in the mix

Only super bad pick I made was Lance Cade.

Big Show has 3 matches possibly on SD. Thats 36pts, u couple that with his last PPV win and by the end of the game, he could be close to Morrison who pretty much has done nothing but job the entire game.

even with two shows here and there and no PPV's, he wouldn't be that great at a second pick.

I do regret not taking Beth 3rd and I am pissed cause I even told Hammy when we got off MSN that she was my pick only to change it at the last minute.

Orton was back, I figured he'd be on more PPV's than Beth thus making him more valuable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »

Orton was an A+ pick when I drafted him cause he was for a fact due back at Summerslam. Now whether or not he wins the title doesn't even matter, cause he still would've been good for 20 on PPV and at least 30+ points a month on Raw

So u figure, Even without a title Orton probably has me over 120pts.

U add that to my score and I am in the mix

Only super bad pick I made was Lance Cade.

Big Show has 3 matches possibly on SD. Thats 36pts, u couple that with his last PPV win and by the end of the game, he could be close to Morrison who pretty much has done nothing but job the entire game.

even with two shows here and there and no PPV's, he wouldn't be that great at a second pick.

I do regret not taking Beth 3rd and I am pissed cause I even told Hammy when we got off MSN that she was my pick only to change it at the last minute.

Orton was back, I figured he'd be on more PPV's than Beth thus making him more valuable.

For sure back at SS, I don't think with injuries anythign is for sure. If if was an A+ pick then someone else would of atleast had him on their radar. Hell I even thought he was drafted to Smackdown on the last Draft so I didnt even expect him to be showing up on RAW. To say he was a lock to get you 120 points, on an injured guy who just had surgery, is a bit of an extreme guess. Looking at the Raw scene with as main eventers as they had with Cena, Bastita, HHH, JBL, Jericho, To say he would of been first inlien for the title or top billing is hard to say, and to say that the only reason you are not winning this game is because of the motorcycle "crash" isn't true either. Hardy and Roode were and are stellar picks, Best available at your position, BS was a bit of a gamble with a second pick, and RKO and Cade together was terrible, sure gamblin' on 1 injured guy in a late round makes sense, but to gamble on two guys out with injuries when you have a BIG IMPACT/BIG RISK second pick in BS is bad drafting.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »

Big Show has 3 matches possibly on SD. Thats 36pts

From what i understand there was no bell and no ref. But if it does go your way he just quadrupled he previous scoring in one show. Doesn't make him a good 2nd pick.

I think I like my Avatar I got now. How about u?

Too Far nervous

Orton was an A+ pick when I drafted him cause he was for a fact due back at Summerslam.

No... he was gonna be fit for SS. I remember a JR blog in which he said that Orton would be cleared to wrestle from SS but that you might not see him for another 6 weeks. Then Cena got injured and they decided to bring him back despite his re-injury.

Being Fit does not mean they'll definatly be back. In fact wwe have had a few in recent years that they have just given an extra month just to be sure.

Personally the earliest i think he'd have been back wrestling was No Mercy. Yeah he would have scored good points but that was the risk. I admire you taking it but it played out kinda the way i thought it would with Orton except i thought he might have been back by now, but isnt coz of the re-injury.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »

Raw
Charlie Haas, Deuce, Dolph Ziggler, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jerry Lawler, Jillian, Katie Lea Burchill, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Snitsky, Shad Gaspard.

Smackdown
Brie Bella, Curt Hawkins, Ezekiel Jackson, Funaki, Gregory Helms, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kenny Dykstra, Maryse, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Super Crazy, The Kizarny, Victoria.

ECW
Armando Estrada, Bam Neely, Boogeyman, Chavo Guerrero, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Mike Knox, Tommy Dreamer.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Big Daddy V, Braden Walker, Cherry, Chuck Palumbo, Colin Delaney, DH Smith, Domino, Elijah BurkeHardcore Holly, James Curtis, Ken Kennedy, Melina, Mick Foley, Nunzio, Paul London, Robbie McAllister, Rory McAllister, Shannon Moore, Stevie Richards, Val Venis.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Eve Torres, Lena Yada, Matt Striker, Ranjin Singh, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon.

TNA Impact!
The Motorcity Machine Guns = 12 Each
Sonjay Dutt = 5
Sheik Abdul Bashier = 5
Booker T = 12
Hernandez = 5
Roxxi = 12
Raisha Saeed = 5
Kevin Nash = 12
Consequences Creed = 5
Kurt Angle = 12
Matt Morgan = 5

sweet616: CM Punk, AJ Styles, The Brian Kendrick, William Regal, Maria ($120,000) = 0
Gnrfan: Triple H, Ted Dibiase, Undertaker, Santino Marella, Awesome Kong ($120,000) = 0
Mr Cowbell: John Cena, John Morrison, Vladimir Kozlov, Michelle McCool, Rhino ($0) = 0
Jim: Samoa Joe, Shelton Benjamin, Montel Vontavious Porter, D'Lo Brown, The Great Khali ($120,000) = 0
slash666: Batista, Kofi Kingston, Consequences Creed, Evan Bourne, R-Truth ($120,000) = 5
D: Matt Hardy, Big Show, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, Robert Roode ($0) = 0
Evolution: Chris Jericho, Taylor Wilde, Umaga, Finlay, Ricky Ortiz ($58,000) = 0
high_times: Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Christian Cage, Zach Ryder, JTG ($120,000) = 0
Hammy: Edge, Carlito, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, James Storm ($39,000) = 0
Timothy08: Kurt Angle, Paul Burchill, Mark Henry, Primo Colon, Candice Michelle ($45,000) = 12
Malcolm: John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Mickie James, Booker T, The Miz ($120,000) = 12
BlowUpYourVideo: Kane, Rey Mysterio, Lance Cade, Festus, Manu ($0) = 0

1. Malcolm = 491
2. Gnrfan = 484
3. Evolution =  476
4. slash666 = 398
5. D = 385
6. Timothy08 = 369
7. Hammy = 344
8. high_times = 312
9. Jim = 281
=. Mr Cowbell = 281
11. sweet616 = 269
12. BlowUpYourVideo = 254

3 People in contention for the Gold.  3 former World Champions.  3 former 1-Time World Champs to be more precise, 2 of them WWE Game Originals, all 3 chasing that 2nd World Title.  Game On!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »

This is probably going to go down as the best game ever. we have had close 2 man races, but Im not sure we've ever had big time 3 man races.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #730 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »

This is probably going to go down as the best game ever. we have had close 2 man races, but Im not sure we've ever had big time 3 man races.

I honestly think that there are up to 5 teams that could win this. Obviously 3 are that little bit ahead but i think Slash & D still have a chance.

I'm hoping for a big Cyber Sunday

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

well, the only chance I have is Orton coming back and winning Gold but I'd also need HHH to lose.

Cause HHH basically will counter anything I get for Hardy, so Im not going to gain any ground on PPV, and it seems I can't outscore u through the week.

so I'd need Jericho to lose his title, HHH to lose his title........

Its not impossible, I mean if Big Show does in fact have 3 matches tonight and maybe did it again next week, I could catch up that way.

Roode hasn't been wrestling on Impact though and that is hurting me as well.

I feel good about Swagger, He seems like he is being pushed pretty decent. Had a backstage skit last week with Tommy Dreamer.

I have really overlooked Evo's team but if Umaga comes back and gets any sort of push, He will be very tough cause he is essentially this high up with a 4 man roster.

U add that 5th and he is going to be hard to hold off.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #732 on: October 17, 2008, 01:10:54 PM »

Just got to looking and GNRfan has a great chance of really pulling away for a little bit at Cyber Sunday

HHH would be 40 something, Dibiase if they are chosen would be 40 something unless they  lose which u never know........

UT 24 *cant remember specialty points*  Santino barring he isn't upset *Which is possible* 40pts

so u add that together, and GNRfan could have 140+ points on Cyber Sunday

Malcolm has maybe JBL although I Havent seen anything, so Cody possibly defending but that will still drop him 100pts behind

Evo has Jericho who possibly could lose. Finlay a chance to be voted in but I doubt it

so thats another 100 points U'd gain on EVO

so, Cyber Sunday could be the PPV where GNRfan starts pulling away.

Also, Hammy, I think Slash666 is in the mix. If Batista were to beat Jericho and u never know about Cosenquences Creed. Evan Bourne is pts and R Truth could win US Gold.

SO SLash666 could be the darkhorse to snatch this game.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:13:12 PM by D » Logged

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #733 on: October 17, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »

I honestly think that there are up to 5 teams that could win this. Obviously 3 are that little bit ahead but i think Slash & D still have a chance.

I'm hoping for a big Cyber Sunday
I'm pulling for you GnR, You wanted Hardy bad in the tag game and kept us away from Cena, which turned out to be HUGE. That's the only thing I can look forward to until next spring in the next game,

I don't think Santino could possibly loose to any of his challenges, If its charlie hass dressed up Santino is sure to retain, the only way I could see him loosing is if for some reason WWE signs Golddust and he gets voted in.

Triple H, should retain and hold that damn title til December 1st. Thats what we need, and what you need.

UT, he has to beat BS I cant seeing UT loose to the same guy on 2 straight PPVs. Not too mention Ted Jr could end up on the PPV and I would imagine retain. This is all your PPV, Score Big GnR,

I'm just hoping that Blow Up's 4 man roster doesnt pass me and leave me a wooden spoon.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:51:34 PM by Mr Cowbell ? » Logged

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #734 on: October 17, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »

Sweet or Jim I am afraid will get the silver spoon

Kozlov is getting a nice push, Morrison wrestles too often, Cena probably will be back in time to get pts

with samoa Joe losing the title and MVP in the doghouse, DLO is MIA, Khali isnt doing much, Benjamin could lose US title soon.........

McCool will defend against somebody surely.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #735 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »

Sweet or Jim I am afraid will get the silver spoon

Kozlov is getting a nice push, Morrison wrestles too often, Cena probably will be back in time to get pts

with samoa Joe losing the title and MVP in the doghouse, DLO is MIA, Khali isnt doing much, Benjamin could lose US title soon.........

McCool will defend against somebody surely.

Where the Hell is D'Lo brown, seemed to have a decent mid card push and gone, does Raw just have too many main eventers to let midcarders wrestle on Raw anymore.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #736 on: October 17, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

D LO should be on ECW

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #737 on: October 17, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

Hey!, I still have all of my money. I'm eyeing a late push for contention...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #738 on: October 17, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »

where were u Jim when the world tag champs were bidded on?

I know this is gonna sound redundant but, I don't know why we just don't keep TNA in every game.

Its awesome, more strategic PLUS it gives us better rosters.

Imagine without the TNA guys how shitty our 5th picks would be.......

I mean its almost pointless to pick 5 wrestlers now.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #739 on: October 17, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »

Out of town...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »