Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game X: TNA Invasion
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game X: TNA Invasion  (Read 208615 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #700 on: October 13, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »

* First game without Evolution hence the origin of the title

* 13 Players

* No Players debuted this game, everyone had at least one game?s worth of experience

* Gnrfan finished on 1146 points.  Jim, D and BlowUpYourVideo?s combined scores were: 1043 (That would have nabbed them 3rd)

* D and BlowUpYourVideo finished 12th and 13th.  If you added up their scores they?d still be 73 points off Jim in 11th

* This was the game in which the Benoit incident occurred

* The Benoit Incident prompted Jim to do the scoring for the 1st and last time, he gave Malcolm?s team, which had the Canadian Grappler minus 500 points. (This ruling didn?t stand)

* This was the last game before we introduced money in the place of trades

* BlowUpYourVideo?s Wooden Spoon interim reign began on the 19th May and lasted until the end of the game where it became official

* Gaining inspiration from the Vince McMahon Limo storyline he spent a time under the guise of ?BlowUpYourLimo?

* high_times and mallrat were the only players to not use any trades, they finished in 7th and 8th place

* Gnrfan (1st), slash666 (2nd), Malcolm (10th), D (12th) and BlowUpYourVideo (13th) were the only people to use up all their trades

* Jim missed his first pick of the draft.  Sweet616 missed his fifth pick of the draft.  No other draft picks were missed

* BlowUpYourVideo left me with a list for his picks 2-4 due to his absence from the board.  Kevin Thorn and Ashley were high on that list  Grin

* Only 4 teams from the start of the game (17th April 2007) were full through picks 1-5 with wrestlers who are still signed to WWE Contracts.  (As of October 2008)

* This was the first game where the rule of having to have a wrestler from every roster was removed and you were only required to have a superstar from 2 of the 3 rosters

* Jim started the game with the most RAW Superstars, a total of four: Randy Orton, Kenny Dykstra, Chris Masters and Eugene.  Timothy finished the game with the most RAW Superstars, a total of four: Lashley, Mickie James, Carlito and Lance Cade

* axl_rose_700 started and finished the game with the most Smackdown Superstars, a total of four: MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Brian Kendrick.  His finished team was the same except Kendrick had been replaced by Brian Major

* The most ECW Superstars any team started or finished with was two

* The wrestlers released during this game were: Ariel, Sabu, Scotty 2 Hotty, Sylvan and Trinity

* The 10 Top Scoring Wrestlers were:

John Cena = 430 (Gnrfan)
Matt Hardy = 394 (Hammy)
Umaga = 346 (mallrat)
Batista = 286 (slash666)
Jeff Hardy = 286 (Neemo)
John Morrison = 272 (Neemo)
CM Punk = 266 (slash666)
MVP = 263 (axl_rose_700)
The Great Khali = 246 (high_times)
Randy Orton = 243 (Jim)

1st Place (Changes throughout the game):

Jim:  17th April 2007 ? 18th April

High_times: 18th April ? 21st April

Hammy: 21st April ? 5th June

Gnrfan: 5th June ? 21st July

Hammy: 21st July ? 23rd July

Gnrfan: 23rd July ? 19th August

Gnrfan/slash666 (Joint 1st): 19th August ? 21st August

Gnrfan: 21st August ? 27th August 2007 (End of the Game)

Final Standings:
1. Gnrfan - 1146
2. slash666 - 1065
3. Hammy - 955
4. Neemo - 799
5. sweet616 - 768
6. Timothy - 765
7. high_times - 742
8. Mallrat - 695
9. axl_rose_700 - 633
10. Malcolm - 607
11. Jim - 558
12. D - 264
13. BlowUpYourVideo - 221
Evolution
« Reply #701 on: October 13, 2008, 04:49:13 PM »

* The Benoit Incident prompted Jim to do the scoring for the 1st and last time, he gave Malcolm?s team, which had the Canadian Grappler minus 500 points. (This ruling didn?t stand)

That was laugh out loud funny! Outstanding.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #702 on: October 13, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »

That wasn't a bet though, That was just hyperbole *look it up*  me trying to give what an upset it would be if Chuck were to lose.

I've never went against any bets no matter what forum I've been on.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #703 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »

Yeah, Game VI is one Id rather forget. Holy shit, I can't believe I didnt finish last. I can't even remember who was on my team but FUCK they must have sucked. I think its the one I picked HBK first and he injured his knee....... rest of my team was horrible as well though.

side note:

Randy Orton scores his first pts for my team tonight! ok ok ok ok ok

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #704 on: October 14, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

* D and BlowUpYourVideo finished 12th and 13th.

Good grief.

* BlowUpYourVideo left me with a list for his picks 2-4 due to his absence from the board.  Kevin Thorn and Ashley were high on that list  Grin

Embarrassed

* Gaining inspiration from the Vince McMahon Limo storyline he spent a time under the guise of ?BlowUpYourLimo?

Clearly the best thing I did in that game. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2008, 02:03:49 PM »

I know Cowbell and Gnrfan like to give me a hard time, but I really want to clarify this whole "Horrible draft" that Cowbell keeps saying I had.

Correct me if I am wrong cause it's been a couple of months ago, but when I picked orton, that was BEFORE the Motorcycle crash.

It has been said now, that Orton was coming back at SS which means, HE, not Chris Jericho would've won the world title. I feel Jericho was thrown in last minute to replace the newly injured Orton.

So, with that being said, Had Orton not been an idiot and wrecked a motorcycle, I would definitely be leading this game.

just a bad break like Cena and all the other injuries that have happened in these games but to say I had a bad draft just isn't true.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #706 on: October 14, 2008, 02:07:24 PM »

Before the crash yes.

But the fact that the only bit he re-injured was the injury it clearly wasn't 100% which stills goes to the point we've said for ages, be careful picking an injured dude.

And why the heck are we starting the Orton saga again.  I mean if he wins the World Title you'll give yourself high praise for pick of the year and if he does fuck all you'll just say you were unlucky.  Tongue

As for saying he was meant to have Jericho's spot, from what gets out on the dirtsheets, creative making things up daily so they probably don't even know if that was the plan....

...Incidently, I'm off training and I haven't watched RAW so scores will be 4-5 hours off coming unless someone else wants to do them.  I would of done them earlier but the report I skim read only listed half the lumberjacks...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »

nah, even if Orton wins at SS by some miracle, it won't have any impact on the game. It will secure me a top 5 finish but unless HHH were to lose the title, I have little to no chance of repeating.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »

I know Cowbell and Gnrfan like to give me a hard time, but I really want to clarify this whole "Horrible draft" that Cowbell keeps saying I had.

I don't think it was a bad draft at all. And personally i think Big Show was a bigger mistake than Orton!

At least Orton gave you a chance of winning the game. Big Show at No2 IMO was never gonna do that.

So, with that being said, Had Orton not been an idiot and wrecked a motorcycle, I would definitely be leading this game.

You can't say that! You cannot be sure about that! I could say if Undertaker hadn't hurt his knee at a House Show i'd have won the game already! but there is no way to know for sure.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »

Whoa GNRfan u totally BookerFloyd' my post.

I said if Orton had came back, he would've won the Title at SS and then I would be leading this game.

Cause if u think about it, add the 59 pts to my score for a title win,not to mention his matches through the week and the fact he would've defended it at No Mercy.

Presumably he would have around 150pts right now.  Therefore I'd be in good shape.

Thank God I dropped Lance Cade when I did! That was the only good move I've had all game.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #710 on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »

Raw
Charlie Haas, Deuce, Dolph Ziggler, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jerry Lawler, Jillian, Katie Lea Burchill, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Snitsky, Shad Gaspard.

Smackdown
Brie Bella, Curt Hawkins, Ezekiel Jackson, Funaki, Gregory Helms, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kenny Dykstra, Maryse, Ryan Braddock, Scotty Goldman, Super Crazy, The Kizarny, Victoria.

ECW
Armando Estrada, Bam Neely, Boogeyman, Chavo Guerrero, Gavin Spears, Hornswoggle, Mike Knox, Tommy Dreamer.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Ron Simmons, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Big Daddy V, Braden Walker, Cherry, Chuck Palumbo, Colin Delaney, DH Smith, Domino, Elijah BurkeHardcore Holly, James Curtis, Ken Kennedy, Melina, Mick Foley, Nunzio, Paul London, Robbie McAllister, Rory McAllister, Shannon Moore, Stevie Richards, Val Venis.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Eve Torres, Lena Yada, Matt Striker, Ranjin Singh, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Tony Atlas, Vicki Guerrero, Vince Mcmahon.

RAW
Mark Henry = 14
Kane = 12
Matt Hardy = 5
Rey Mysterio = 5
JBL = 14
Haas Hogan = 5
Shawn Michaels = 5
Batista = 7
Tony Atlas = 2
Cody Rhodes = 2
Ted Dibiase = 2
Manu = 2
Snitsky = 2
Paul Burchill = 2
Deuce = 2
Bam Neely = 2
Randy Orton = 2
Mike Knox = 2
Chavo Guerrero = 2
William Regal = 2
Cryme Tyme = 12 Each
Kelly Kelly = 12
The Miz N' Morrison = 5 Each
Jillian = 5
CM Punk = 12
Chris Jericho = 5

ECW
Finlay = 12
John Morrison = 5
Evan Bourne = 12
Chavo Guerrero = 5

sweet616: CM Punk, AJ Styles, The Brian Kendrick, William Regal, Maria ($120,000) = 14
Gnrfan: Triple H, Ted Dibiase, Undertaker, Santino Marella, Awesome Kong ($120,000) = 2
Mr Cowbell: John Cena, John Morrison, Vladimir Kozlov, Michelle McCool, Rhino ($0) = 10
Jim: Samoa Joe, Shelton Benjamin, Montel Vontavious Porter, D'Lo Brown, The Great Khali ($120,000) = 0
slash666: Batista, Kofi Kingston, Consequences Creed, Evan Bourne, R-Truth ($120,000) = 19
D: Matt Hardy, Big Show, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, Robert Roode ($0) = 7
Evolution: Chris Jericho, Taylor Wilde, Umaga, Finlay, Ricky Ortiz ($58,000) = 17
high_times: Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Christian Cage, Zach Ryder, JTG ($120,000) = 17
Hammy: Edge, Carlito, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, James Storm ($39,000) = 0
Timothy08: Kurt Angle, Paul Burchill, Mark Henry, Primo Colon, Candice Michelle ($45,000) = 16
Malcolm: John Bradshaw Layfield, Cody Rhodes, Mickie James, Booker T, The Miz ($120,000) = 21
BlowUpYourVideo: Kane, Rey Mysterio, Lance Cade, Festus, Manu ($0) = 19

1. Gnrfan = 484
2. Malcolm = 479
3. Evolution =  476
4. slash666 = 393
5. D = 385
6. Timothy08 = 357
7. Hammy = 344
8. high_times = 312
9. Jim = 281
=. Mr Cowbell = 281
11. sweet616 = 269
12. BlowUpYourVideo = 254
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:19:22 PM by Hammy » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #711 on: October 15, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »

Hmm, the "he's the World Champion's protege/lackey guy, so he should be involved in a few matches, getting me some points along the way" logic has failed. Fancy that.

"I'm not going to swear, but I am going to kick this dog house down!!" rant
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:08:15 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #712 on: October 15, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »

Whoa GNRfan u totally BookerFloyd' my post.

I said if Orton had came back, he would've won the Title at SS and then I would be leading this game.

Cause if u think about it, add the 59 pts to my score for a title win,not to mention his matches through the week and the fact he would've defended it at No Mercy.

Presumably he would have around 150pts right now.  Therefore I'd be in good shape.

Thank God I dropped Lance Cade when I did! That was the only good move I've had all game.

But thats what i'm saying. You assume that he was intended to win it. I'm not sure he was. I think Cena could be champ now if it wasn't for injury or maybe Jericho's quality feud with HBK would have won him it anyway.

You make a comment as if you know how the WWE wanted things done. and like Hammy i'm not sure anyone in WWE could have told you Jericho would be champ 4 months ago.

Its like me saying after beating Edge Undertaker & HHH were gonna trade title wins until the rumble.... but undertaker aggrivated his knee and they pushed Koslov.... its not fact. Its your best case scenario.

I'm not having a go at you i'm just pointing out that you are not winning at the moment for more reasons that Orton's Motorcycle accident. ok

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #713 on: October 15, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »

From the way it sounds, Big Show has 3 matches Friday Night!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully he will do this next week also leading up to CS.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #714 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »

From the way it sounds, Big Show has 3 matches Friday Night!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully he will do this next week also leading up to CS.

Yeah but whether the bell rings for each match will be interesting or if its just a show of strength. Could be loads of points or none. I guess its all on the bell and and referees

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #715 on: October 15, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »

I also just realised that i have potential to have all 4 WWE picks on this ppv. The problem is 3 of the 4 are champions and if they lose i could end up with minus points.

Its one of those weird ones as i can see Santino losing and there is a chance that HHH could and if Priceless get the vote they could lose their titles to Punk and Kingston.

But if they all defend it could be an awesome PPV for me

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #716 on: October 15, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

Malcolm for the win:

The belt will be introduced by Booker T and will be a "Legends Championship" with the storyline to support it being Booker brought it into the company to defend against younger talent he feels he's above, as well as other "legends".

TNA has had the belt as of this past weekend at Bound For Glory, when they received it from the maker's. The belt was designed by Rico Mann and built by Dave Millican and Reggie Parks.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #717 on: October 15, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »

Malcolm for the win:

The belt will be introduced by Booker T and will be a "Legends Championship" with the storyline to support it being Booker brought it into the company to defend against younger talent he feels he's above, as well as other "legends".

TNA has had the belt as of this past weekend at Bound For Glory, when they received it from the maker's. The belt was designed by Rico Mann and built by Dave Millican and Reggie Parks.

Bloody TNA. Despite the fact its gonna kill me in this game. Its such a stupid idea for a title.

The only good news is there are more WWE ppv left than TNA although they might push the new title on Tv to start with.

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #718 on: October 15, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »

Malcolm's team is the ultimate 5 person team.

He has 1 champ in Cody who never defends it. A PPV jobber in JBL and a PPV in Booker T

His team on paper, just doesn't look good at all.

but he may end up winning the game and I still won't understand it.

He is like Rasputin on Steroids.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #719 on: October 15, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »

Malcolm's team is the ultimate 5 person team.

He has 1 champ in Cody who never defends it. A PPV jobber in JBL and a PPV in Booker T

His team on paper, just doesn't look good at all.

but he may end up winning the game and I still won't understand it.

He is like Rasputin on Steroids.

I've said Malcolm would win from the start.

I think his team has it all. He has a champ, he has JBL who is on every RAW & PPV, he has womens points (which i dont), he has a main event TNA'er and a semi consistant ECW guy who also appears on RAW & SD.

i have always liked mine and evo's teams but i have always thought that Malcolms had the look of a winner

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: