Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 37783 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »

Hudson, great post!   beer
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »

i could post 5 youtube clips of robin playing this song where it sounds better than this version.

Please don't. We still haven't properly recovered from the 'awesome' Robin solo you posted last time... hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »

Dude you are such a fuckin Hater Bro! Face it Slash is an ICON! He can play and will play with whomever he wants and it will still be cool! You need to understand that Slash's Legacy is set as one of the all time greatest guitarists. It does not matter who he plays with because that will not tarnish that Legacy. Do you think Jimmy Page's Legacy as a guitar player is tarnished because he played with P. Diddy. Absolutely not!

If Axl did a duet with Miley Cyrus you would be saying... Axl is a marketing genious! First Rock Band 2 now Miley Cyrus then the View, and Finally Oprah's CD of the month club! CD is going to outsell AFD for sure! Round TWO!

Slash jams with Fergie because he likes to play and now he is a sellout. I understand you are sad because Robin did not play on this years Nikolodian awards, but I promise you it is going to be alright. I wish Axl would be out there performing with other Artist. Even if it is not your cup of tea, which I could totally understand, I still think that it is cool to see some of the musicians you like performing with other artists who you would not normally associate them with. Who would have thought Axl and Elton John were going to be a big hit? On paper it does not look that cool, does it?

Slash is well respected and liked by most in the music industry and that is why he gets invited to play with so many artists. Although you may think it would be stupid to play with Fergie, she is actually one of the top selling artist right now and so are the Black Eyed Peas plus they get a lot of air play. So maybe Slash is planning to have her sing on his Solo Album and he is putting himself out there to a different audience that may not necessarilly be exposed to Slash's music. Like her or not she sells and that is what the music industry cares about. If GNR performs at the VMAS they would essentially being doing the same... exposing themself to a mixed audience, not all Rock or GNR fans, putting there music out there. Are they sellouts. NO!They would be smart! Great, and more power to them.

P.S. Isn't it ironic that Slash gets bashed for playing with artist from different musical backgrounds than his while maintaining his musical roots, however Axl gets praised for wanting to completely change the style of music that GNR plays altogether and that is cool. HMM! Strange.

HOLY SHIT u are my  new hero on this forum! 

Everything this guy just said is what I wish I would've been able to say *unless something in there gets him banned hihi hihi hihi hihi

I actually forgot about the Elton John thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »

i could post 5 youtube clips of robin playing this song where it sounds better than this version.

Please don't. We still haven't properly recovered from the 'awesome' Robin solo you posted last time... hihi

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

My ears are still ringing from that..............

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »

I've actually stored that link so I can show people how NOT to play guitar  hihi

Don't get me wrong I think robin's a decent guitarist but that was just embarrassing...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »

Dude you are such a fuckin Hater Bro! Face it Slash is an ICON! He can play and will play with whomever he wants and it will still be cool! You need to understand that Slash's Legacy is set as one of the all time greatest guitarists. It does not matter who he plays with because that will not tarnish that Legacy. Do you think Jimmy Page's Legacy as a guitar player is tarnished because he played with P. Diddy. Absolutely not!

If Axl did a duet with Miley Cyrus you would be saying... Axl is a marketing genious! First Rock Band 2 now Miley Cyrus then the View, and Finally Oprah's CD of the month club! CD is going to outsell AFD for sure! Round TWO!

Slash jams with Fergie because he likes to play and now he is a sellout. I understand you are sad because Robin did not play on this years Nikolodian awards, but I promise you it is going to be alright. I wish Axl would be out there performing with other Artist. Even if it is not your cup of tea, which I could totally understand, I still think that it is cool to see some of the musicians you like performing with other artists who you would not normally associate them with. Who would have thought Axl and Elton John were going to be a big hit? On paper it does not look that cool, does it?

Slash is well respected and liked by most in the music industry and that is why he gets invited to play with so many artists. Although you may think it would be stupid to play with Fergie, she is actually one of the top selling artist right now and so are the Black Eyed Peas plus they get a lot of air play. So maybe Slash is planning to have her sing on his Solo Album and he is putting himself out there to a different audience that may not necessarilly be exposed to Slash's music. Like her or not she sells and that is what the music industry cares about. If GNR performs at the VMAS they would essentially being doing the same... exposing themself to a mixed audience, not all Rock or GNR fans, putting there music out there. Are they sellouts. NO!They would be smart! Great, and more power to them.

P.S. Isn't it ironic that Slash gets bashed for playing with artist from different musical backgrounds than his while maintaining his musical roots, however Axl gets praised for wanting to completely change the style of music that GNR plays altogether and that is cool. HMM! Strange.

HOLY SHIT u are my  new hero on this forum! 

Everything this guy just said is what I wish I would've been able to say *unless something in there gets him banned hihi hihi hihi hihi

I actually forgot about the Elton John thing.

I can't believe you guys are comparing playing with Elton John to playing with Fergie. Wow. I can't believe you guys said that.  no
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

NO it isnt comparing elton John To Fergie. but People should never bash Slash for playing with Micheal Jackson.

Fergie......... Hey  listen, I cant make any excuses for that shit.

but he can do what he wants, the crowd there loved it, i dont care for that side of Slash but who the fuck am I to tell him what he should do u know? kind of silly.

I think Slash is just a nice guy and it probably doesnt take much for him to say yes. Like Clive Davis asking him to play on Daughtry's song. They did that cause Slash has such amazing credibility it would lend it to an American Idol to hopefully erase that stigma

so for Clive Davis to think of Slash as big enough to do that, thats a compliment.

I love how the argument for GNR side projects doesnt apply to Slash. Those guys can play with whoever and whenever cause they are musicians and shouldnt have to just sit around right? Ive heard that shit a billion times but u let Slash play with someone and the world ends.

I just find it hilarious that I've been on this forum years longer and have like 5 times the post of Jim Bob but yet he has almost has more posts in the VR section than I do and I am a fan and he supposedly hates them.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »

Can I have link to it? I dont recall any of Robin's solos being particularly bad.

fuck yea it does.   second half the solo, thats the way it sounds best IMO.    When I saw GnR in Las Vegas last year the one of the most intense parts of the show was when that wah kicked in.

Exactly and who exactly WROTE that part?

Im not proud of Slash playing with Fergie, I said I was embarrassed. He still sounded great on the song and its still not as bad as playing with NSync.

Oh you just had to go there today didn't you? Lets break it down, Richard did session work on their album to get paid. Slash is going around playing with fergie for a different reason all together, cause he sure as hell isn't getting paid to play a few songs with her live. That's the difference with that.

If you're going to bemoan someone for doing session work, then look at your precious slash and blackstreet.  Roll Eyes

Maybe he did get paid, he has to pay his bills somehow.

You really think he got paid to play a few songs live with Fergie?

You never know.
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »

That is most ridiculous thing that i have ever heard!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »

the question is why would he get up on stage and play a song he doesn't care for with FERGIE?   

and to whoever made the remark about Axl singing with Miley Cyrus, HELL NO!  That would be very disappointing.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »

That is most ridiculous thing that i have ever heard!

hopefully he at least got hismself a lil somethin somethin from Fergie backstage.

Can I have link to it? I dont recall any of Robin's solos being particularly bad.

they are just being haters.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »

This is getting dangerously close to Dead Horse territory guys, there's plenty of comparison/preference threads if you'd all like to continue this line of discussion.

On topic..

I'd prefer Slash be more selective with his collaborations.

Icon or not, the mystique needs to be restored.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »

This is getting dangerously close to Dead Horse territory guys, there's plenty of comparison/preference threads if you'd all like to continue this line of discussion.

On topic..

Credibility, more than mystique in my opinion. He hasn't been very mystical since the days when he stopped hiding his face behind walls of hair.

they are just being haters.

That makes the apparent consensus make a whole lot more sense.  hihi
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »

On topic..

Slash is known to perform with various artists.  I prefer him doing the song than Fergies's guitarist.  At least then, it will sound good.  Mystique never has been part of Slash's character, in my opinion anyway.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »

Credibility, more than mystique in my opinion. He hasn't been very mystical since the days when he stopped hiding his face behind walls of hair.

Even though he's wrote enough historically memorable riffs to always remain "credible" within his peer group, I see your point. 

Although his guitar slinger/icon status has never been more solidified, I think it's time to hide behind the hat and hair again - limit accessibility and lower the profile.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »

the question is why would he get up on stage and play a song he doesn't care for with FERGIE?   

Most likely because she asked him to?

Granted it sucks.  I mean it REALLY sucks.  I mean sucks so bad I had nightmares about it last night after having to hear it just once.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008, 09:18:02 PM »

Most likely because she asked him to?

Granted it sucks.  I mean it REALLY sucks.  I mean sucks so bad I had nightmares about it last night after having to hear it just once.

well you didn't have to hear it . You made the choice to.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 09:40:31 PM »

they should of just muted her mic and let us just hear slash play.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:53 PM »

I think the simple truth is that he just doesn't care.  If it will make him more or get him exposure without requiring too much time or effort he will do it.  That's just the way it is, and it's his decision.  Just don't complain when people don't buy the "I just wanna rock fuck everything else" image that he still tries to sell.

I'm sure he did get paid for this.  They probably offered him $50,000 or something to show up and play a few songs in the set.  But there's a world of difference between a struggling artist doing session work for N'Sync when they are not known and trying to pay their bills, and a famous millionaire rock star who has sold 80 or 90 million records jumping on stage someone who makes shit music and can't sing or rap.  Slash can afford to pick his spots and maintain some integrity but like I said it's pretty clear at least from an outsider's POV that he doesn't really care
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »

Slash can afford to pick his spots..

Which is my idea of best case scenario..

... that he doesn't really care

Which may just embody the true spirit of an artist - doing what the fuck, when the fuck for whatever the fuck reason whenever the fuck he wants.

Strange dichotomy for sure...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:03:56 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: