Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 37819 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 11:30:08 PM »

Up until the UYI Tour, Slash rarely played wah live on this song because he went straight guitar to amp in those days and his pedals weren't great in a live setting.  With more money came better touring equipment and he was able to use the wah in a live setting again.  I assume he didn't use wah here because he was standing in for a song or two and didn't want to go through the trouble of bringing his wah out for one song if someone in the band didn't have one.  I agree the wah adds passion to the solo.  But a wah will cover up a lot of mistakes, so in that regard it was nice to not have the wah so we could hear that he can still hit all the right notes.

you want to take me up on my bet?

kelly clarkson, miley cyrus, nickelback.  1 of 3 within 1 year.  $100.   

Nope, cause he has already jammed with Chad Kroger of Nickelback and already performed with one idol winner, why not 2.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »

D, shut up.  you are beating a dead horse.    You say the same thing over and over again.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2008, 11:36:57 PM »

Up until the UYI Tour, Slash rarely played wah live on this song because he went straight guitar to amp in those days and his pedals weren't great in a live setting.  With more money came better touring equipment and he was able to use the wah in a live setting again.  I assume he didn't use wah here because he was standing in for a song or two and didn't want to go through the trouble of bringing his wah out for one song if someone in the band didn't have one.  I agree the wah adds passion to the solo.  But a wah will cover up a lot of mistakes, so in that regard it was nice to not have the wah so we could hear that he can still hit all the right notes.

you want to take me up on my bet?

kelly clarkson, miley cyrus, nickelback.  1 of 3 within 1 year.  $100.   

Nope, cause he has already jammed with Chad Kroger of Nickelback and already performed with one idol winner, why not 2.

cuz you know its going to happen.  hihi

2 it is.   i'll admit its a long shot, but its in no way impossible.  1 is a given.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 01:59:05 AM »

SO HE SPENT 1
Ok

I am officially embarrassed. Cry

although its awesome finally to  hear a SCOM solo not butchered. ok

It is way fuckin better than Sheryl Crow's version though.
15 YRS , TO PERFECT HIS SOLO HE FUCKED UPED MANY TIMES, ON A SONG HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO RECORD..LOL

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 03:15:40 AM »

Ok, so let me get this straight

Slash didnt want a power ballad on AFD and that makes him a sellout?

I dont care how bad Slash "HATED" the song

without slash there never wouldve been a SCOM and without SCOM, one could say, GNR wouldn't be the phenomenon it is today.

FACT!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 03:50:06 AM »

Slash doing dumb things like this.

Huh

Whenever I hear Slash speak he certainly doesn't come across as "dumb". He is very well spoken actually.

(LOL)  ok

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 04:44:00 AM »

without slash there never wouldve been a SCOM and without SCOM, one could say, GNR wouldn't be the phenomenon it is today.

FACT!

Without Axl recognizing the potential of that joke guitar intro Slash played, there would be no SCOM to talk about.

FACT!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 05:22:15 AM »

FACT!

Without Axl recognizing the potential of that joke guitar intro Slash played, there would be no SCOM to talk about.

FACT!

/jarmo

Proving that they need eachother.

FACT!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 06:39:15 AM »

I beg to differ, I think Slash works great with people when he  is guided. I see it time and time again on stuff he does with  other artist.  HE comes up with awesome solos. BUT!< why can he do that with bands he is now, Why isn't there a stand out solo from any VR record, or Snakepit? and if you think you can prove me wrong Id be happy. BUT NO! all of his past came from cohesion, and pushing, to get the best. And also when he has worked with other artist he has delivered great solos. Its not that Axl and Slash are inclusive, he took himself out yrs ago! that is FACT!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »

this really sucked, but at least she didn't piss her pants this time
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »

I beg to differ, I think Slash works great with people when he  is guided. I see it time and time again on stuff he does with  other artist.  HE comes up with awesome solos. BUT!< why can he do that with bands he is now, Why isn't there a stand out solo from any VR record, or Snakepit? and if you think you can prove me wrong Id be happy. BUT NO! all of his past came from cohesion, and pushing, to get the best. And also when he has worked with other artist he has delivered great solos. Its not that Axl and Slash are inclusive, he took himself out yrs ago! that is FACT!

I think u are listening to VR with an agenda not wanting to like something. Slither has a very good guitar solo, so does FTP, Lovin The Alien, Suckertrain Blues.

I wonder how many people "listen" to the music without letting Scott ruin it for u.

Slash and Axl are musical soulmates. They can both do good without one another but those two have Chemistry that comes around maybe once every 20 years.  Richards/Jagger, Plant/Page, Iommi/Osbourne, May/Mercury  Perry/Tyler,  Slash/Rose

Very very short list

I do believe Slash is satisfied and doesnt want to work as hard. It happens when people get Rich and famous and all that. Happens to athletes, tons of people.

Hearing Axl talk about those mean bluesy riffs Slash was coming up with but didnt want to develop makes me sad just wondering how great it couldve been.

Lastly, U are wrong about Slash being pushed cause that is irrelevant and doesnt even matter. I dont give a shit how hard Axl pushed Slash, it was still Slash that ULTIMATELY came up with those riffs and solos.

Give Axl another guitar player and he can push them for 20 years and they still wouldnt come up with the stuff Slash did.

Slash also was good at pushing axl also see "Coma"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:48:03 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 08:11:19 AM »

well this is obviously a hanginf offence

he helped the song so he can play it with whoever the fuck he wants to

its sad the way people take it personally, you would think they owned the song themselves
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 09:14:22 AM »

fuck yea it does.   second half the solo, thats the way it sounds best IMO.    When I saw GnR in Las Vegas last year the one of the most intense parts of the show was when that wah kicked in.

Exactly and who exactly WROTE that part?

Im not proud of Slash playing with Fergie, I said I was embarrassed. He still sounded great on the song and its still not as bad as playing with NSync.

Oh you just had to go there today didn't you? Lets break it down, Richard did session work on their album to get paid. Slash is going around playing with fergie for a different reason all together, cause he sure as hell isn't getting paid to play a few songs with her live. That's the difference with that.

If you're going to bemoan someone for doing session work, then look at your precious slash and blackstreet.  Roll Eyes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auD76IbK8Sw

Slash on Barracuda!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »

fuck yea it does.   second half the solo, thats the way it sounds best IMO.    When I saw GnR in Las Vegas last year the one of the most intense parts of the show was when that wah kicked in.

Im not proud of Slash playing with Fergie, I said I was embarrassed. He still sounded great on the song and its still not as bad as playing with NSync.

Oh you just had to go there today didn't you? Lets break it down, Richard did session work on their album to get paid. Slash is going around playing with fergie for a different reason all together, cause he sure as hell isn't getting paid to play a few songs with her live. That's the difference with that.

If you're going to bemoan someone for doing session work, then look at your precious slash and blackstreet.  Roll Eyes

Maybe he did get paid, he has to pay his bills somehow.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »

Maybe he did get paid, he has to pay his bills somehow.

You really think he got paid to play a few songs live with Fergie?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »

As much as I don't care that much for Fergie, I thought she did pretty good with the song, and it was awesome hearing Slash play SCOM again, in it's entirety. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »

good fucking god.   Fergie?   Roll Eyes   

no integrity whatsofuckingever

That sentiment gets old, after awhile, Jim Bob.  I'm surprised you even care, enough, to make a comment about it.   
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »

Dude you are such a fuckin Hater Bro! Face it Slash is an ICON! He can play and will play with whomever he wants and it will still be cool! You need to understand that Slash's Legacy is set as one of the all time greatest guitarists. It does not matter who he plays with because that will not tarnish that Legacy. Do you think Jimmy Page's Legacy as a guitar player is tarnished because he played with P. Diddy. Absolutely not!

If Axl did a duet with Miley Cyrus you would be saying... Axl is a marketing genious! First Rock Band 2 now Miley Cyrus then the View, and Finally Oprah's CD of the month club! CD is going to outsell AFD for sure! Round TWO!

Slash jams with Fergie because he likes to play and now he is a sellout. I understand you are sad because Robin did not play on this years Nikolodian awards, but I promise you it is going to be alright. I wish Axl would be out there performing with other Artist. Even if it is not your cup of tea, which I could totally understand, I still think that it is cool to see some of the musicians you like performing with other artists who you would not normally associate them with. Who would have thought Axl and Elton John were going to be a big hit? On paper it does not look that cool, does it?

Slash is well respected and liked by most in the music industry and that is why he gets invited to play with so many artists. Although you may think it would be stupid to play with Fergie, she is actually one of the top selling artist right now and so are the Black Eyed Peas plus they get a lot of air play. So maybe Slash is planning to have her sing on his Solo Album and he is putting himself out there to a different audience that may not necessarilly be exposed to Slash's music. Like her or not she sells and that is what the music industry cares about. If GNR performs at the VMAS they would essentially being doing the same... exposing themself to a mixed audience, not all Rock or GNR fans, putting there music out there. Are they sellouts. NO!They would be smart! Great, and more power to them.

P.S. Isn't it ironic that Slash gets bashed for playing with artist from different musical backgrounds than his while maintaining his musical roots, however Axl gets praised for wanting to completely change the style of music that GNR plays altogether and that is cool. HMM! Strange.

Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »

Mmm, thanks for that viewpoint Hudson.  beer

Is sounds like it isn't Slash who is "selling out" here.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:01:18 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: