Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 37778 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »

hey here's a plus for you D considering he had no wah he still managed to play the solo better than anyone else has in recent years.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »

hey here's a plus for you D considering he had no wah he still managed to play the solo better than anyone else has in recent years.

FUCKING A

Take some fuckin notes.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

SLASH Performs 'Sweet Child O' Mine' With FERGIE; Video Available - July 20, 2008

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101259
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »

although its awesome finally to  hear a SCOM solo not butchered. ok

disagree.   I've seen others play the song better and use the wah like its supposed to be played.   you can't even hear the last part of it!  that just shows how biased you are, judging it without even being able to hear it.  rofl

of course, you couldn't help but take a stab at someone else to make you feel better about how embarassing your hero is.    care to take me up on my bet?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 08:02:43 PM »

disagree.   I've seen others play the song better and use the wah like its supposed to be played.   you can't even hear the last part of it!  that just shows how biased you are, judging it without even being able to hear it.  rofl

if out of tune bends are what pleases your ear then each to their own.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

Slash didnt even need a Wah pedal

and the parts up until u couldnt hear which isnt Slash's fault were impeccable.

out of tune bends and Robin's fingers have a lisp or something cause they seem to get tied up and shit.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »

if out of tune bends are what pleases your ear then each to their own.

i dont think i've ever seen anyone use out of tune bends.

$lash played it ok in this clip, he didnt' fuck it up which is good considering he doesn't play it on the regular anymore.   (although the fact that its with Fergie completely removes any aspect of cool from it).   And while I favor other interpetations I saw in 2006,  i really don't see much difference between how $lash played it and how its played in GnR.. a few different notes here and there maybe and no wah.    hardly makes any difference when you are right there at the show and the band is kicking ass on stage.   

out of tune bends and Robin's fingers have a lisp or something cause they seem to get tied up and shit.
again, bashing robin in threads that don't have a fucking thing to do with him!   get off your obsession.

you never went to see the band, if you did you wouldn't be such a hater.

i could post 5 youtube clips of robin playing this song where it sounds better than this version.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »

i knew from the second i saw this thread that a few clowns would take this opportunity to start bashing guys in GnR because their hero whores himself out to fergie and kelly clarkson.   its the only way they know how to make themselves feel better about it.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »

coming next week: Kelly Clarkson & $la$h do their rendition of another song $la$h never liked to play in the first place.  hihi

I can so picture you making that exact facial expression as you write every post.

i knew from the second i saw this thread that a few clowns would take this opportunity to start bashing guys in GnR because their hero whores himself out to fergie and kelly clarkson.   its the only way they know how to make themselves feel better about it.

You know how much I love Robin Finck, but no Slash fans get on him for playing on the soundtrack to a Jason Statham movie.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »

coming next week: Kelly Clarkson & $la$h do their rendition of another song $la$h never liked to play in the first place.  hihi

I can so picture you making that exact facial expression as you write every post.

You know how much I love Robin Finck, but no Slash fans get on him for playing on the soundtrack to a Jason Statham movie.

long time no talk  beer

I dont give a shit about movie soundtracks.    its a way to get your music out there.     GnR did it with a few films.   

I wouldn't like it if I saw Robin on stage with Kelly Clarkson either.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:48:58 PM by Rim Job » Logged
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »

long time no talk  beer

I dont give a shit about movie soundtracks.    its a way to get your music out there.      I wouldn't like it if I saw Robin on stage with Kelly Clarkson either.

yeah, its been a while. I remember the days of RFF well...good times  beer

I see your point. I'm not particularly fond of some of things Slash does. I'm still a fan of him, and a fan of Robin, and I dont see why some people always bring him up in a negative light when talking about Slash or vice versa. There was a time when I thought everyone had gotten over that debate  hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

its just the only way D knows how to cope with Slash doing dumb things like this.

Is anyone taking me up on my bet?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »

there is a wah in SCOM?

anyway slash was spot on and fergie's vocals werent as bad as some people make them out to be  Roll Eyes

thanks for posting that funky  ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »

fuck yea it does.   second half the solo, thats the way it sounds best IMO.    When I saw GnR in Las Vegas last year the one of the most intense parts of the show was when that wah kicked in.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:40 PM »

fuck yea it does.   second half the solo, thats the way it sounds best IMO.    When I saw GnR in Las Vegas last year the one of the most intense parts of the show was when that wah kicked in.

yeah i just played the CD and noticed it....never did before ... well i did i just never clued in....ya learn something new everyday i suppose.  hihi

funny too cuz i can play the song...but i just play the rythm and i dont have a wah and i'm not good enough to be able to pull off that solo...so its really no surprise i over looked it i guess  hihi

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »

Ugh!  So fucking un-metal!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

Ugh!  So fucking un-metal!

careful sexkitten....people get upset if GnR is mentioned in association with the Metal genre  hihi

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »

Up until the UYI Tour, Slash rarely played wah live on this song because he went straight guitar to amp in those days and his pedals weren't great in a live setting.  With more money came better touring equipment and he was able to use the wah in a live setting again.  I assume he didn't use wah here because he was standing in for a song or two and didn't want to go through the trouble of bringing his wah out for one song if someone in the band didn't have one.  I agree the wah adds passion to the solo.  But a wah will cover up a lot of mistakes, so in that regard it was nice to not have the wah so we could hear that he can still hit all the right notes.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »

Up until the UYI Tour, Slash rarely played wah live on this song because he went straight guitar to amp in those days and his pedals weren't great in a live setting.  With more money came better touring equipment and he was able to use the wah in a live setting again.  I assume he didn't use wah here because he was standing in for a song or two and didn't want to go through the trouble of bringing his wah out for one song if someone in the band didn't have one.  I agree the wah adds passion to the solo.  But a wah will cover up a lot of mistakes, so in that regard it was nice to not have the wah so we could hear that he can still hit all the right notes.

you want to take me up on my bet?

kelly clarkson, miley cyrus, nickelback.  1 of 3 within 1 year.  $100.   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »

Exactly and who exactly WROTE that part?

Im not proud of Slash playing with Fergie, I said I was embarrassed. He still sounded great on the song and its still not as bad as playing with NSync.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: