Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses  (Read 14369 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 04:07:28 PM »

^ his family would.... i'm sure that Metallica have arranged for royalties to swing thier way. I doubt Lars is that huge of a prick to screw over Cliff's family.

good point; the point I was makig about GnR was in response to the posts about the old members not having anything to with a Guitar Hero themed game made with their songs and how that would be virtually impossible to do without including them-as for Metallica, not sure why they were brought into the thread
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »

^ his family would.... i'm sure that Metallica have arranged for royalties to swing thier way. I doubt Lars is that huge of a prick to screw over Cliff's family.

good point; the point I was makig about GnR was in response to the posts about the old members not having anything to with a Guitar Hero themed game made with their songs and how that would be virtually impossible to do without including them-as for Metallica, not sure why they were brought into the thread

i was making a point that bands lineups change over time.    while it is possible that the old members might have to give permission to use the back catalog, that doesn't mean they can't feature the current band in the game.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »

i was making a point that bands lineups change over time.    while it is possible that the old members might have to give permission to use the back catalog, that doesn't mean they can't feature the current band in the game.

The old band can hold back their consent for the material being used. For Example if Slash's likeness isn't used in the game he just says Nay. Honestly why would Slash (or any other original member) agree to using the master of THEM playing the song they had a hand in writing in a game that has Robin playing lead... On the other hand why would Robin want to have his likness used in a game where you are playing AFD era masters with Slash actually playing?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »

personally, I think the only wayGnR will have a GnR themed game is if they stick to songs from Chinese Democracy; given the way the former members get along with Axl-there may be too many legal hurdles to overcome for them
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »

personally, I think the only wayGnR will have a GnR themed game is if they stick to songs from Chinese Democracy; given the way the former members get along with Axl-there may be too many legal hurdles to overcome for them

There IS another way...and it's simply to NOT do the "band likeness" route.  To do it very differently than GH:Aerosmith was done.

In other words, do it in the "classic" GH style...with no name likenesses (or, if using the GH:World Tour engine...user created band members). 

You could probably even do a more "Behind the Music" style of "documentary"....

It might not be ideal, but it's a more likely route, IMHO.

Again, I think it's more likely to see "track packs", or album releases......it just makes a lot of the hurdles easier to surmount.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »

Why are some of you "worrying" about this instead of focusing on what's actually going to happen?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »

Why are some of you "worrying" about this instead of focusing on what's actually going to happen?

/jarmo

what is actually goeing to happen? 
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »

Just too many hurdles to jump for this to happen.

If it follows the template of the Aerosmith game (and allegedly, the Metallica game), the whole structure will be based on the history of the band. It would be ridiculous to have robin and bumblefoot playing at the whiskey in the early days. So, unless all former members consent to having their likenesses used, it will not happen.

I don't think the generic approach (no likenesses at all) is an option; both franchises are making hard pushes to secure master tracks (as opposed to covers), and releasing a band-specific game without the personalities attached seems contrary to that. I guess they could abandon the band history template altogether, but that would make the game seem pretty silly.

On the subject of what WILL happen: I think pilferk's on the money, suggesting a song pack for one game or the other; and given the attention Guns has received (both "classic" guns in GH, and the current lineup in RB), probably a larger sized pack, at that. I'm thinking, six songs or more, like the Grateful Dead, Boston, and Who packs for Rock Band (six, six, and twelve songs respectively). I think both games are now featuring full-album downloads, but after a year with Rock Band, I think the carefully selected song packs are more commercially viable than the full-album offerings.

You know... unless they dish up Appetite.

*Edited to add: Given the hype generated by Shackler's Revenge at E3, a full Rock Band version of Chinese Democracy might actually sell, as well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:15:04 AM by DoctorNo » Logged

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 05:46:04 PM »

a Guns N Roses game that doesnt include songs from "Appetite" and the "Illusions"?  I can't wait to see how many copies that sells. rofl...Sure WE would buy it...but what about the casual music/GNR fan?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »

a Guns N Roses game that doesnt include songs from "Appetite" and the "Illusions"?  I can't wait to see how many copies that sells. rofl...Sure WE would buy it...but what about the casual music/GNR fan?

i basically said the same thing last page-but was pointing out the difficluties to a copyright expert on how difficult it would be without the former members having some involvment-the expert didn't seem to think their was any reason they should be involved, i guess the minor inconveniance of them writing the material never factored into the experts thinking
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

i basically said the same thing last page-but was pointing out the difficluties to a copyright expert on how difficult it would be without the former members having some involvment-the expert didn't seem to think their was any reason they should be involved, i guess the minor inconveniance of them writing the material never factored into the experts thinking--"heres no reason.   like it or not, the old guys are history and there is no way in hell they would be included"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »

/jarmo

A hint: Rock Band 2.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »

/jarmo

A hint: Rock Band 2.....

/jarmo

based on past experience, I'll believe it when I see it/hear it

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2008, 08:28:47 PM »

Based on past experiences, negative whiners like to whine about shit even when they've been proven wrong.

Especially those who are fans of something that doesn't exist anymore.....

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »

Based on past experiences, negative whiners like to whine about shit even when they've been proven wrong.

/jarmo

can you say what I've been proven wrong about?  Axl saying we'll hear new music in 2006?  a few leaks where everyone was ordered to cease and desist?  can you be more specific?

and fans of something that doesn't exist?  the only thing that doesn't exist is chinese democracy b/c  doing a search, I can't seem to purchase ir anywhere.....AFD, UYI I&II, lies all exist-so again, can you be more specific?  Rock Band 2, as of today, doesn't exist....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 08:36:44 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

/jarmo

can you say what I've been proven wrong about?  Axl saying we'll hear new music in 2006?  a few leaks where everyone was ordered to cease and desist?  can you be more specific?

and fans of something that doesn't exist?  the only thing that doesn't exist is chinese democracy b/c  doing a search, I can't seem to purchase ir anywhere.....AFD, UYI I&II, lies all exist-so again, can you be more specific?  Rock Band 2, as of today, doesn't exist....

have fun saying that one month from now...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »

Wasn't it pushed out a month?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008, 12:12:25 AM »

Wasn't it pushed out a month?

source?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 04:31:44 AM »

I bet you've been proven wrong about a lot of shit. You just don't like to acknowledge it.

Rock Band 2 doesn't exist?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »

/jarmo
  Rock Band 2, as of today, doesn't exist....

wow man, you know you can pre order it right??
And sorry but  those records you are talking about are awesome and we all love them, but they are the PAST. This is the present and the future is where CD will conquer them all Smiley

Here Today..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: