Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses  (Read 14366 times)
Steve McKagan
VIP

« on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:57 AM »

There is an article in a swedish newspaper today about Guitar Hero and it says that Guns N' Roses negotiate about making their own version of Guitar Hero like Aerosmith did.

Source: http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/nyheter/artikel_1470989.svd

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:42:46 AM »

That was a rumor about a month ago. But with GNR now having a deal with the competition, I would assume it won't happen now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:12 AM »

That was a rumor about a month ago. But with GNR now having a deal with the competition, I would assume it won't happen now.

metallica have a version coming out on guitar hero, yet their also in the new rockband
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »

I'm not so sure that the company just liscensing their songs means that GNR can't have their songs in another game.  Not really a "deal" so to speak, but GNR just loaning out their music to be used.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »

I think the Swedish journalist read something and made his own conclusion.

The Swedish article says that Van Halen, Eagles, Steely Dan and Guns N? Roses are all negotiating to release their own games.

The Wall Street Journal article from a few weeks ago has the following info:

Clients including Van Halen, the Eagles, Steely Dan and Guns N' Roses "all have deals of varying types in the works with one or the other or both of these companies," says Mr. Azoff, referring to the makers of Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Notice the same band names?

Don't trust Swedes!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »

/jarmo

but u insist on living here Tongue
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »

/jarmo

rofl Spoken like a true Fin.

Smiley 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:56:27 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »

i would love to see a GN'R Guitar Hero...

that to me makes 20x more sense than a damn Aerosmith one... no offense if you're coo-coo for Aersomith. But Joe Perry isn't a guitar-god in my opinion... he does great riffs... his leads are mediocre at best... *rant over*

Rockband 2 wouldn't stop a GN'R Guitar Hero... there's no exclusivity. Unless Activision makes GN'R only release on GH from now on... doubt it tho.

I don't think Axl is that obsessed with licensing as other artists.... i.e. the big "F.U." he gave to Harley for leaking a "supposed" song...
axe
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »

Negotiations for Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses were also mentioned in Finnish newspaper Aamulehti today. The article was about GH: Aerosmith, but it also had stuff more in general about games coming to rescue rock since tv and radio aren't playing it. The piece ends with a mention that if the unconfirmed NY Times rumour about a song from Axl Rose's 14-years-in-the-making Chinese Democracy appearing in the new Rock Band 2 is in fact true, then rock n' roll will be saved again.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »

I don't know if this is confirmed, but a blogger at the official Guitar Hero web site says "Civil War" is going to be on the Guitar Hero: World Tour game, due October 27th.

UPDATE: The list I was reading from was that of a "wish list" created by someone who'd like to see the song on Guitar Hero World Tour.

Sorry to create any false excitement. As far as I can tell, there's no official list yet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:09:21 PM by King Axl » Logged

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:55:56 PM »

I don't know if this is confirmed, but a blogger at the official Guitar Hero web site says "Civil War" is going to be on the Guitar Hero: World Tour game, due October 27th.
I love that song, that would make me happ inded  ok

Here Today..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Negotiations for Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses were also mentioned in Finnish newspaper Aamulehti today. The article was about GH: Aerosmith, but it also had stuff more in general about games coming to rescue rock since tv and radio aren't playing it.

Don't trust Swedish journalists or journalists from Tampere!

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »

My whole dispute with GH: GNR is what era will they use.  If it has CD songs on it, then they have to use the current line up.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »

they could easily use all the line ups if it follows a time line like the aerosmith one.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »

I don't have any sources but I got a feeling you won't be seeing too many GnR songs in guitar hero games anymore. Maybe a couple but I don't see a whole game based on it.  Rock Band will probably get first dibs on most of the GnR stuff with their high quality download service.

I'm basing this purely on a new song being in the game and Axl's friendly relationship with MTV (who owns Harmonix, the creators of Rock Band).
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 07:25:13 AM »

UPDATE: The list I was reading from was that of a "wish list" created by someone who'd like to see the song on Guitar Hero World Tour.

Sorry to create any false excitement. As far as I can tell, there's no official list yet.

i read somewhere on that site quite a while ago that it was going to be 'coma' that's on GHWT but either way it would be great.  Im sure some sort of gnr song will be on that game unless for some strange reason harmonix have tied them down which i doubt very much as almost all bands seem to be floating between the two games at the moment.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:08:44 AM »

My whole dispute with GH: GNR is what era will they use.  If it has CD songs on it, then they have to use the current line up.

what era do you think they would use?!?! seriously....the era that sold 100 million records or the one that has not put out a record yet?  thats not a shot at the new band....I just dont see Guitar Hero putting out a game soley for a band who has not released any music yet...they are going to want to include Paradise City, Nightrain etc....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 07:13:12 AM »

what era do you think they would use?!?! seriously....the era that sold 100 million records or the one that has not put out a record yet?  thats not a shot at the new band....I just dont see Guitar Hero putting out a game soley for a band who has not released any music yet...they are going to want to include Paradise City, Nightrain etc....

its not like its a different band, its just different members.   theres no reason they couldn't have paradise city or nightrain on the game being played by Robin, Richard, and Ron.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »

its not like its a different band, its just different members.   theres no reason they couldn't have paradise city or nightrain on the game being played by Robin, Richard, and Ron.

could not disagree with you more
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »

That's right. Duff and Izzy do the backing vocals so well.......sung with such conviction!  hihi

Steven gets in there too doesn't he?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:58:48 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: