Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's  (Read 117717 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »

I wonder where Entertainment Weekly got there info...themselves maybe?  I really want this to be true.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #321 on: August 28, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »

If there's no hint to GNR I can assure you I wouldn't give the show any of my time. There hasn't been a new band I've been interested in for the last 4 or 5 years really.

Anyway, we'll wait and see. I'd be happy to see any sort of promo spot, even just an ad for GNR being in the game.

Well Obviously it will be a surprise performance if it does happen since no offical annoucement from MTV or GnR themselves.  I wouldn't rule it out though I mean GnR did squash the reality show rumor on their site, well they haven't really said anything about it so who knows.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #322 on: August 28, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »

Mysteron, please say something hihi

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »

Yeah could you at least say its a possibility Mysteron..give us some kind of clue!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:04 AM »

cmon mysteron,
give us some good news about all ths bad news with the leaks...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »

If there's no hint to GNR I can assure you I wouldn't give the show any of my time.

I remember back in maybe '89 I watched the whole damn show because there was supposed to be a surprise performer, who I just knew was going to be GN'R.  Watched all the way till the last commercial break and then gave up cause the rest of the show was lame and I had school in the morning.  Man was I pissed the next day when I heard Axl performed Free Fallin' with Tom Petty. 

Guess my point is, we'll have to watch to find out.  At least now we have Tivo!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »

cmon mysteron,
give us some good news about all ths bad news with the leaks...
I think we need some sort of signal for mysteron, like Batman has.  We flash it, he appears.  Although he'd be way too busy if that were the case.  He'll inform us if we're meant to be informed.  If it's supposed to be a surprise he's not gonna tell us that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »

But in 2002 we know about the show days before...

I think next week we could have some info  hihi

Hey Limulus and all the authors, I want a DVD of the show by monday morning, got it? hihi
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:56:00 AM by Ulises » Logged

Jada
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »

Many of the performers have been announced.. is there still room for gnr?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:34 PM »

I hear phelps will be there. the guy who got 8 golds in beijing, you know?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2008, 01:26:30 PM »

mtv is trying to get michael jackson since britney backed out.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »

I think MJ is going to present an award with Janet Jackson...

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »

What MTV failed to do in which they should of done, but since their sellouts.  They could of presented this awards so around the release of Metallica and AC/DC's releases and try to bring back MTV like it once was.  If im MTV I would of had Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Oasis, perform.  Then start playing music video's the day after.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »

What MTV failed to do in which they should of done, but since their sellouts.  They could of presented this awards so around the release of Metallica and AC/DC's releases and try to bring back MTV like it once was.  If im MTV I would of had Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Oasis, perform.  Then start playing music video's the day after.

mtv will NEVER go back to playing only videos.every teenage gilr watches stupid shows like the hills and date my mom. they can watch videos online.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #334 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:52 AM »

This is supposedly the big surprise...a bunch of artists singing past hits...

Additionally, it was announced that DJ AM and Blink-182 kitman Travis Barker will be mixing live drum beats to scratched records throughout the evening. Later in the show, the pair will team up with Katy Perry, T-Pain, Lupe Fiasco, the Ting Tings and other special guests to perform new and past MTV hits as part of a special celebration of the VMAs' 25th birthday.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2008, 06:01:18 AM »

Well its pretty simple where this rumor is coming from. Rock Band is published by MTV Games. I think MTV was behind getting GNR on Rock Band or helped at least. The VMAs are in LA, so AXL doesn't need to travel and everything can be kept secret. Rock Band is released just after the VMAs and Mtv will market the hell out of Rock Band and what better way to do so as with the first single from CD.
So will they play??? I don't fucking know, but in difference to the last year, the chances are pretty high. And till now no other shows are scheduled for band members. Another band with a suprise performance could be also Metallica or AC/DC (because of the 25 years VMA thing).
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »

This is supposedly the big surprise...a bunch of artists singing past hits...

Additionally, it was announced that DJ AM and Blink-182 kitman Travis Barker will be mixing live drum beats to scratched records throughout the evening. Later in the show, the pair will team up with Katy Perry, T-Pain, Lupe Fiasco, the Ting Tings and other special guests to perform new and past MTV hits as part of a special celebration of the VMAs' 25th birthday.
I didn't realize it was the 25th year anniversary.  I wouldn't expect GNR to be a part of that.  If they performed I would expect to hear "Shackler's Revenge" since the song is coming out on Rock Band and the album APPEARS to be close.  I don't see what good it would do for the band to come out and play Welcome to the Jungle.  I mean I'd love it all the same, but I would think they'd be focussing on the new material.  Maybe if they started out with Jungle then switched over to Shackler's a minute or so in.  That would make more sense to me, then you get the past, and the future hits.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #337 on: August 31, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

The question is who would come out and play Welcome to the Jungle.

One song for the enitity that made them big?  Zepplin did it. 

I keep wondering why Slash had such a strong reaction.

Sorry, I haven't had a full cup of coffee yet and I'm still dreaming.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »

Yeah I just don't see that happening, at this point.  I know what you're saying.  Maybe somewhere, YEARS down the line, but I don't think now is the time.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #339 on: August 31, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »

I guess she means that as jimmy page played a zep classic whole lotta love with Leona Lewis,
Slash with rihanna?

Yea he seems to be friends with russel.

back to GNR's case,

The album APPEARS to be close and phelps will be there. why not democracy and Shacklers? Grin

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: