Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's  (Read 117764 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »

They could debut Shaklers Revenge Grin
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »

maybe we can get another interview after the show.and axl will let on something.

the one an only horsey !
GeraldFord
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »

If they go on on the VMAs this year and then don't release the album, what are the odds they'd go on again?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:32 PM »

why are people shitting themselves over N'sync?

people ought to be shitting themselves like we are over CHINESE DEMOCRACY headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »

the jonas brothers are the first confirmed performer...if thats a hint of what is to come...it may be a long wait.

mtv is going to reveal a new performer every friday night leading up to the show.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2008, 09:39:25 AM »

No it wasn't awful.  Angry

I fell asleep watching the VMAs and woke up to GN'R playing and I honestly wasn't sure if I was dreaming because at that time I had no idea they might play that night.  It was amazing.

How did you manage to wake up on time?  Shocked

The loud monotonous scream at the beginning of WTTJ perhaps?

Yep, that must have been it  ok

I remember I fully woke up half way into WTTJ.  Surely nothing else that night was going to grab my attention. 

Any surprise or announced performance this year has to come with an announced or very soon to be announced release date in order for people to finally take GN'R and CD seriously. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »

Even though I loved the 2002 performance, I think Axl has said that he did not.  So I'm wondering why this management team would even consider repeating a band promotion (that the other management thought up) that even the band themselves seemed to be unhappy with?

the jonas brothers are the first confirmed performer...
oh ... umm ... whoopie? ... the jonas brothers ... now that's worth sitting thru 2+ hours for  Undecided

PLEASE IRV PLEASE!!!  HAVE MERCY ON US!!! DON'T LET GNR PLAY THE VMAs!!!  crying

As great as it would be to see GNR do anything, it's just not worth the other 2+ hours of the other shit we'd have to sit through!!!!  no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »

What about using a short film/music video to introduce the public to CD and/or 'Shackler's Revenge' during the VMAs? Would give GN'R complete control over the 'performance' aspect of it as it would be produced in advance. Another idea would be to perform via satellite somewhere else (perhaps some place like the Grand Canyon or Statue of Liberty or something iconic like that). That would cut down on all that 'traffic' Axl hit on his way to the stage last time.

Just ideas. Personally, I would hope the band would not shy away from performing live on the VMAs again. True...Axl can certainly have a bad night every so often, but even his bad nights are magical. No reason to puss out on the thing you do best...even if 10 million are watching and waiting for you to screw it up.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2008, 12:06:11 PM »

What about using a short film/music video to introduce the public to CD and/or 'Shackler's Revenge' during the VMAs? Would give GN'R complete control over the 'performance' aspect of it as it would be produced in advance. Another idea would be to perform via satellite somewhere else (perhaps some place like the Grand Canyon or Statue of Liberty or something iconic like that). That would cut down on all that 'traffic' Axl hit on his way to the stage last time.

Just ideas. Personally, I would hope the band would not shy away from performing live on the VMAs again.

why should they? I believe Axl referred the appearance  on the 2002  Vmas as disastrous because it wasn't well prepared.

I like your ideas. both the SR video debut one and the satellite relay one.  ok

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

I bet they give them a Lifetime Achievement Award...or have they already done that?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »

I bet they give them a Lifetime Achievement Award...or have they already done that?

I dont think they'd award that to the entire band, especially given there hasn't been much "Achievement" with the current GNR through the eyes of the general public.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »

I think they will hold off until the album(s) come out.   
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

MTV VMAs Select Host: Brit Comedian Russell Brand

First, the MTV Video Music Awards revealed their first performer, current RS cover boys the Jonas Brothers. Now, we know who will be hosting the festivities: British comedian/actor Russell Brand. A huge figure in his native England, Brand is best known (perhaps only known) to audiences in the States as the British rocker from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Besides being a comedian, Brand is also a renowned actor, columnist and radio host. Brand was also once the host of an MTV UK show called Dance Floor Chart, but was fired after showing up to work dressed as Osama bin Laden on September 12th, 2001. Almost seven years after getting the boot, MTV rehires him to host only their most important telecast of the entire year. This year?s VMAs will take place September 7th live from Los Angeles? Paramount Studios.

Link: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/25/mtv-vmas-select-host-brit-comedian-russell-brand/

Good choice I think. He's pretty edgy and quite funny. Should bring something fresh to the show.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »

Sorry... I LOVE the new band as much as anybody... but the idea that they would ever go up on stage and accept an award that TO DATE would have been entirely earned by the old band is nauseating.... and a terrible blow to the new band's credibility as well. Fortunately, I can't imagine a guy like Tommy Stinson ever agreeing to something like that...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »

They already have a lifetime achievement award.  MTV gave them a Vanguard in 1992.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »

MTV VMAs Select Host: Brit Comedian Russell Brand

First, the MTV Video Music Awards revealed their first performer, current RS cover boys the Jonas Brothers. Now, we know who will be hosting the festivities: British comedian/actor Russell Brand. A huge figure in his native England, Brand is best known (perhaps only known) to audiences in the States as the British rocker from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Besides being a comedian, Brand is also a renowned actor, columnist and radio host. Brand was also once the host of an MTV UK show called Dance Floor Chart, but was fired after showing up to work dressed as Osama bin Laden on September 12th, 2001. Almost seven years after getting the boot, MTV rehires him to host only their most important telecast of the entire year. This year?s VMAs will take place September 7th live from Los Angeles? Paramount
Studios.

Link: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/25/mtv-vmas-select-host-brit-comedian-russell-brand/

Good choice I think. He's pretty edgy and quite funny. Should bring something fresh to the show.
a friend of mine is a big  fan of him. She thinks he's always spot on but I disagree.. maybe it was Russell Grant. Tongue

interesting. 2006 vmas was hosted by Jack black and axl made an appearence.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »

That's Russell Brand. Kinda looks like Robert Smith, only goofier.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2008, 02:03:57 PM »

I'd never heard of this guy until this. Someone at another forum posted some YouTube clips of his stand up and I thought it was pretty good actually. Here's hoping that with a edgy host, a possible GNR performance and the hope of a good 25th anniversary show, it's all entertaining for once.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »

Kinda looks like Robert Smith, only goofier.

mmm I don't think so....
If anyone's interested, this is his official page. http://www.russellbrand.tv/

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »

That dude is fuckin hilarious. A little wierd and a bit out there sometimes but fuckin hilarious.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: