Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's  (Read 117799 times)
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:03 PM »

Aren't the VMA's mostly lip-synced?

Axl's not a pussy bitch that can't sing.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Death Cube K
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 04:38:27 AM »

Doubt they'll show. Lacking Robin Finck and all.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 07:40:20 AM »

The show is in November. Robis is touring with NIN until October...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:42:50 AM by Ulises » Logged

The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 08:48:10 AM »

that's right!!! axl mediocre performance at the 2002 Awards was horrible... and he took it like a man.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »

I'd love to see Bucket return for a couple of shows at the very least, but this is more wishful thinking. Nothing against Frank, but I would rather have Brain out with Guns.
It'd be heartbreaking not to see Brain again man.....such a good drummer....brings so much to GN'R.

brian is a much better drummer than frank... i like his personality better too. frank just doesn't look right with the rest of the band... lol.

screw that... BRING JOSH FREESE BACK!!!!!!  ok
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »

I'd love to see Bucket return for a couple of shows at the very least, but this is more wishful thinking. Nothing against Frank, but I would rather have Brain out with Guns.
It'd be heartbreaking not to see Brain again man.....such a good drummer....brings so much to GN'R.

brian is a much better drummer than frank... i like his personality better too. frank just doesn't look right with the rest of the band... lol.

screw that... BRING JOSH FREESE BACK!!!!!!  ok

Doesn't look right? What about him doesn't look right?
What exactly does Brain do to "Look Right"?
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »

he just is more hip-hop looking. he looks like he would play for Prince or the Black Eyed Peas or something. he doesn't have the same style as Richard or Stinson...

just saying. he dresses in baggy cloathes and wears baseball caps...

no dis to Frank... just prefer Brain... prefer Josh... but if not then it should be Steven on drums.  hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 10:58:48 AM »

he just is more hip-hop looking. he looks like he would play for Prince or the Black Eyed Peas or something. he doesn't have the same style as Richard or Stinson...

no dis to Frank... just prefer Brain... prefer Josh... but if not then it should be Steven on drums.  hihi

I'm glad you added the baggy clothes and baseball caps line, after the Hip Hop comment I thought the Richard and Stinson style you were looking for was "White"... Just kidding...

I really don't think his look is "Hip Hop", also I wouldn't use baseball caps as a disqualifier, Brain wears them all the time... To be honest I think Frank stands out, where as Brain just got lost in the backdrop of the stage. Also playing wise I always thought Brain sort of lost something on the heavier drum parts (You could be mine etc...). If they transition away from the old stuff, than Brain is perfect for Guns playing wise, but I feel when playing older songs Frank sounds better... just my personal opinion.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

What about Bucket stepping in for Robin? There's a thought to ponder.....

How about Izzy in a strictly rhythm role and Bumblefoot and Fortus take all the leads?

He's helped Axl/GN'R "in a pinch" before. drool

I have no idea where Axl and Izzy are with each other these days... but that would be a great "temporary" solution until Robin could get himself back IMHO.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »

The show is on September 7th not November.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »

yup.... september 7th.

**maybe this post won't get deleted**
Death Cube K
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »

After October theres world touring...Europe...Asia...Australia..whatever.

Anyway its in September
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »

Grin

I saw 7/11/08 and I mixed up the things .

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 12:09:33 AM »

that's right!!! axl mediocre performance at the 2002 Awards was horrible...
I loved it, he hasn't opened WTTJ that good so far or ever. It's even better than the album-version headbanger

Would be cool to see them at VMA08 peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

that's right!!! axl mediocre performance at the 2002 Awards was horrible... and he took it like a man.

Everyone has a bad fucking night. There were shows during the 2002 tour, that he sounded great with the voice he was using. At least the guy doesn't mask it like a phoney.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
ben9785
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 02:21:12 AM »

There's no reason why they couldn't perform at VMAs without Robin. Richard and Bumblefoot could take on guitar duties alone if needed. But if Robin does want to go back to GNR at some point in the future, he would be needed at a high profile event like that.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:22:56 AM by ben857 » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 04:53:29 AM »

I'm glad you added the baggy clothes and baseball caps line, after the Hip Hop comment I thought the Richard and Stinson style you were looking for was "White"...

Like Axl never wore baggy cloathes. hihi Frank looks damn rockin to me. A lot more than Brain does.
Damn people with their narrowminded views.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »

There's no reason why they couldn't perform at VMAs without Robin. Richard and Bumblefoot could take on guitar duties alone if needed. But if Robin does want to go back to GNR at some point in the future, he would be needed at a high profile event like that.

Seems pretty simple to me... Is Robin a member of Guns N' Roses? If yes, than he leaves the NIN tour when GN'R/Axl needs him to be there. If no, than they warm up a tour replacement.

I fully back and understand side projects, but new management was brought in and they seem to have a more aggressive plan for marketing this new album than the prior regime did (at least it appears that way). If things are going to pick up in Sept, the band can't delay those plans because Robin is playing with NIN. If he wants to continue, he leaves NIN... Like I said, seems simple to me.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »

Seems pretty simple to me... Is Robin a member of Guns N' Roses? If yes, than he leaves the NIN tour when GN'R/Axl needs him to be there. If no, than they warm up a tour replacement.

I fully back and understand side projects, but new management was brought in and they seem to have a more aggressive plan for marketing this new album than the prior regime did (at least it appears that way). If things are going to pick up in Sept, the band can't delay those plans because Robin is playing with NIN. If he wants to continue, he leaves NIN... Like I said, seems simple to me.

you brang up a very good point their,

People are thinking, If NIN are still touring around the time of vma's/other performances that gnr might want to play,
then theirs no chance of it happening seeing as how robins in NIN.

Whos to say, Robin wont come back to gnr to do some shows the second some activity starts happening in the gnr camp/touring etc...

How do we not know , Robin might just as quick dump NIN touring , to come back and help the launch of chinese democracy , which he has been working on for the past 10 years or so....

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 10:15:45 AM »

and they can play without an guitar or bass player

Chris has been a very good bassplayer. so why not set him up with a guitar...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: