Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R could perform at VMA's  (Read 117538 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #420 on: September 08, 2008, 11:43:52 AM »

A few comments here.  One, I watched the whole thing and even in America (i.e., the USA) it was not live.  Unless they broadcast it live on the east coast and then showed it on the west coast?  So maybe the east coast got to hear all the curses?  At point during the show, they showed the outside and it was still daylight.  I live in San Fran and I can assure you it was dark out.  Yeah, the show sucked but that's not really a big surprise.  GNR wasn't there - no big surprise.  Now MTV had a tiny sliver of credibility with me left.  But last night, that went out the door.  It's the 25th anniversary - they could have added an hour of performances by big names from the past (even if they aren't big now).  I'm thinking Metallica, GNR (of course), Aerosmith, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Pearl Jam, I don't know.  But they fucked it all up. 

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #421 on: September 08, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »

Next year the same thread..... ok Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #422 on: September 08, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »

I wonder why people complain. There was a good reason, maybe it was even considered by the band. Obviously, it didn't happen - as Mysteron anticipated. But it wasn't like any other year at all.

Once again, all the rumours were wrong. Whats next? Quick, how many Tuesdays left? Im sure someone has a count on that.

Im sure there will be some half-assed reason the GnR will have to be at the VMA's  Roll Eyes

See ya next year  peace
WTF? If you don't think the Rock Band 2 - published by a MTV company, Harmonix - with a new song from the upcoming album is a good enough reason, don't even come back here next year. Because if they release the album by then, they will have all the reasons again.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #423 on: September 08, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »

Next year the same thread..... ok Wink

just copy & paste  Smiley....maybe next time though the outcome will be different

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #424 on: September 08, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »

Once again, all the rumours were wrong. Whats next? Quick, how many Tuesdays left? Im sure someone has a count on that.

Im sure there will be some half-assed reason the GnR will have to be at the VMA's  Roll Eyes

See ya next year  peace
It wasn't half-assed. This year the album has been confirmed as finished, we got a management team with a great track record, we have a new song coming out in a week,  and there's been so many rumors about the album being handed in (And from my recollection haven't been shot down) that it only made sense. If the album has a shot at being out this year the band missed a great promotion opportunity. (No matter how horrible the show itself was, I bet it pulled in at least a million viewers)

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #425 on: September 08, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »

If the album has a shot at being out this year the band missed a great promotion opportunity. (No matter how horrible the show itself was, I bet it pulled in at least a million viewers)

You mean, promote the album that has no official release date at the moment?

People see "great promotion opportunities" everywhere.

GN'R has a song in a huge video game.

People will hear a new GN'R track soon.

That's a great promotion opportunity.

I bet once the release date is set, there'll be plenty of "great promotion opportunities".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: September 08, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

I hope GNR doesn't associate with MTV ever again.  That show and channel suck.

GeraldFord
« Reply #427 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »

I hope GNR doesn't associate with MTV ever again.  That show and channel suck.

They kind of need to--get the word out. You don?t want GN?R to be seen as a bunch a dinosaurs.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »

I find it amazing how powerful GNR is. Do u think there would have been any opposition if they asked to close the VMAs?

I bet MTV would have booted Kanye from the last slot without blinking an eye if GNR wanted it.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

For people who think the MTV VMAs was a big opportunity wasted, how many of the artists who are releasing albums this or next week were on?

The Pussycat Dolls?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2008, 07:19:59 PM »

If GNR wants publicity, do a live concert on HBO or Showtime.  This isn't 1991 were they need to work the press.  All they need to do is put the album out.

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #431 on: September 08, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »

Given what MTV and the awards show has become, GNR should stand far far far away, this year, next year, and so on. GNR is still a huge viable brand name-upon release of anything will garner worldwide immediate press.

The only thing the MTV awards have been good for promotion-wise is some flash in the pan urban / hip hop artist to blurt out their release date for an album that never goes anywhere.

Now, could I see some sort of promo or appearance with the Grammy Awards? MAYBE. Has more industry allure, along with public consumer consumption.

MTV Awards? That's like a blow up doll with a slow leak.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #432 on: September 08, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »

Now, could I see some sort of promo or appearance with the Grammy Awards? MAYBE. Has more industry allure, along with public consumer consumption.

Hey, I read somewhere that Gn'R may do the grammy's! Let's start that thread since this one is played out!  hihi
Seriously, I have to agree that the 'show' has more credibility than MTV...but I thought there was some sort of fued/bad blood there...I may be wrong.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »

PLEASE IRV PLEASE!!!  HAVE MERCY ON US!!! DON'T LET GNR PLAY THE VMAs!!!  crying

As great as it would be to see GNR do anything, it's just not worth the other 2+ hours of the other shit we'd have to sit through!!!!  no

Thank you Mr. Azoff  Smiley

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »

lets be honest. any award show would bend over backward for GNR. nobody is gunna say no to them, so when CD is close to release they can hijack all the award shows that are taking place at that time.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »

MTV has not put out a decent VMA show in several years now. In the 90's they put out some very good shows and then they went downhill after that.

Today I  realized it was on yesterday and totally missed it- glad I did not waste my time watching it - who the frak was that clown they used as a host?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #436 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »

Why would Gnr play the VMA's looking to promote something? Do the math.

I would have to hope that whoever is at the helm of the GnR camp would realize that the targeted audience for those shows are teens. Why else is Brittany such a big deal, The F'n Jonas Bros? Come on? What place does Axl Rose have there anymore? Mtv is not what it used to be.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING on Mtv is geared toward a "Rock" audience. All thier shows are geared for teenage girls. Shows like Sweet 16, The Hills, and whatever else that god-awful channel shows.

Im glad GnR had othing to do with it, I hopethey find a more suitable "vehicle" to promote this loooooooong awaited CD.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #437 on: September 09, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »

I would have to hope that whoever is at the helm of the GnR camp would realize that the targeted audience for those shows are teens. Why else is Brittany such a big deal, The F'n Jonas Bros? Come on? What place does Axl Rose have there anymore? Mtv is not what it used to be.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING on Mtv is geared toward a "Rock" audience. All thier shows are geared for teenage girls. Shows like Sweet 16, The Hills, and whatever else that god-awful channel shows.

Im glad GnR had othing to do with it, I hopethey find a more suitable "vehicle" to promote this loooooooong awaited CD.
Well said, I must agree with you, I remember when MTV was so great!!! Sad

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »

Today I  realized it was on yesterday and totally missed it- glad I did not waste my time watching it - who the frak was that clown they used as a host?

Oi, stop insulting one of England's finest - our very own self-confessed sex god, Russell Brand.  I managed to sit through an hour of the programme in order to watch ol' Russ and what a load of old tosh the rest of them proved to be.  Some bloke who needed to get a pair of braces to keep his blasted trousers in place, Rhianna proving yet again what wonders the recording studio can do for a very average voice, and Pink looking stunning but let down by a dire song.  Oh and some kind of novelty act - Jonas Brothers, or something like that.  Good job that GNR didn't appear, methinks, it would have made a load of other performers look like X-Factor rejects.

When I think back to the organised chaos of the early days of televised music awards, today's efforts make very dull viewing.  Thank goodness for Russell's refusal to take the whole thing seriously, that's what I say.  Now if Slash had read out the Foo Fighters as rock video winners as he and Russell had discussed on his radio show on Sat, maybe it would have injected some spontaneity into the whole proceedings.  Missed a fine opportunity there, Slash   Wink   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »

When bands like GnR, Nirvana and Pearl Jam were all the rage on MTV all those years ago most of their fans were the teen rockers - that was fashionable for younger folk then, this hip-hop stuff is fashionable now.  It's not really changed.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: