Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A debate for the future.....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A debate for the future.....  (Read 6483 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: July 07, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »

With all this talk of the possible GNR song in Rock band and its origins, along with other recent events, a question has popped up in my head.

When we discuss all of this material(hopefully soon), a new debate/discussion/focus will arise. Not only will we naturally compare the old band/material to the new but we will also be comparing the old new band to whatever incarnation will be out there when the album hits.

And to me this is fascinating. Lets say Bucket and Robin remain out of the band. Its safe to assume that the majority of that material will have come from those 2 key members. Yet they are no longer with the band.

I think that will be awkward for Ron and Robins replacement.

In the end its all about the album. Im not even concerned nor am I talking about the live aspect of this band. Im talking more in the lines of discussing the material here on the forums, etc

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »

Since no situation exists yet, should we be debating whether or not there will be something to debate about for the future??  confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

A new section called Wasn't Today Great.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »

I hope that's not a discussion we'll have to have...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

Fuckin GNR Matrix

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:35:05 PM »

Ron's being replaced WTF!?!?!?!?

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »

With all this talk of the possible GNR song in Rock band and its origins, along with other recent events, a question has popped up in my head.

When we discuss all of this material(hopefully soon), a new debate/discussion/focus will arise. Not only will we naturally compare the old band/material to the new but we will also be comparing the old new band to whatever incarnation will be out there when the album hits.

And to me this is fascinating. Lets say Bucket and Robin remain out of the band. Its safe to assume that the majority of that material will have come from those 2 key members. Yet they are no longer with the band.

In the end its all about the album. Im not even concerned nor am I talking about the live aspect of this band. Im talking more in the lines of discussing the material here on the forums, etc

At this moment we really DO NOT KNOW what contributions will be on the album. Hell we don't even really know if any of the demo's that have leaked that haven't played live have changed drasticly. You can guess all you want, but in reality we don't really know who the major contributers of the album are. Sure we've got confirmation that this guy is on this song or this guys stuff is on the album and we've seen some stuff live but we don't really know how much of anybody's anything will be on the album. The only assumption one can make about this new gnr album with absolute certainty is that Axl will be singing on the whole of the album/albums. Of course this will be ignored and everyone assumes they know who is playing what on what song. And who will be "all over" the album and who won't be.   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »

Axl Rose is a devious mastermind who for the last 15 years, has raped the talents of some incredible musicians and molded them into one monster album

The whole , in this case, is clearly greater than the parts

We may never see him again after this album is released, so who's touring and playing the parts may just be irrelevant at that point

Album 1st, semantics later
Olorin
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »

It wont be much of a debate, it will just be reality whatever the situation is and people will have to deal with it.

I think most people expect to hear Buckethead and Brain on the album and appartantly they will be , but it wasnt the end of the world when GN'R toured without them in 2006/07.

Mabye the Bucketed one got a call because Soon was the word and responed to the "Ax" signal in the clouds accordingly? Mabye thats what put Robins nose out of joint?

Mabye thats why there has never been a big push of GN'R's other members  in the media because they wernt sure who would still be hanging on when the time came, it would just confuse the casual fan even more if a certain band was prematurely promoted as GN'R.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 07:44:19 AM »

Ron's replacement?

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »

no-one's being replaced at the moment.

Robin's plans are still  unsure. but Ron is not leavign.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »

I don't know... personally... I'm exhausted at this point... such that I won't waste too much time worrying about sub-dividing "New GN'R" into several different bands and eras and debating the merits of each.

I suspect most of us will be grateful for Buckethead's, Brain's (still could return IMHO), and Robin's (still believe he'll be back) creative contributions AND SIMULTANEOUSLY be grateful that incredible musicians like Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus etc. are around to present the material live and in videos, etc.

I think the major "comparison" will be "Classic GN'R" (i.e. Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy and Gilby) v. "New GN'R"- but "New GN'R" will simply be taken to include all these guys (i.e. Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Tommy, Chris, Brain, Buckethead, Richard, Bumblefoot, Frank- and who knows... maybe even Tobias and Freese)- as opposed to 3-4 separate different "New GN'R's" or whatever. That's certainly how the general public will view it too IMHO.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

I think when he said "Ron and Robins replacement" he meant it as "Robin's replacement and Ron", not that Ron is being replaced also.

Hell, Robin may not be leaving.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »

but "New GN'R" will simply be taken to include all these guys (i.e. Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Tommy, Chris, Brain, Buckethead, Richard, Bumblefoot, Frank- and who knows... maybe even Tobias and Freese)- as opposed to 3-4 separate different "New GN'R's" or whatever. That's certainly how the general public will view it too IMHO.

GNR is a huge family now. Cheesy

I don't think the general public really care about who's in or out, slash/buckethead/ bumblefoot.
critics and gossip mongers, haters and fanatics certainly will.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »

I think when he said "Ron and Robins replacement" he meant it as "Robin's replacement and Ron", not that Ron is being replaced also.

Hell, Robin may not be leaving.

I agree.  I think he meant:

"Ron [who is Bucket's "replacement" for lack of better term] and ROBIN'S REPLACEMENT"

not

"Ron's replacement and Robin's replacement"

...if that makes sense.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »

sorry,....I meant just Robins replacement

The VMAs is a perfect example of this. Gnr, if they wanted to, cannot play the Vmas because Robin is with NIN. But like you all have said its just a "side project"  Roll Eyes

And if they have moved on without him they now have to get a replacement or just move FOrtus to lead and get a rhythm guitarist.

The whole Robin scenario really bothers me as a GNR fan. Bucket leaving was really bad but if Robin is in the L column as well then its just really sad.

Like I have said. Nothing can be perfect for this band. For years it was the album and not the band. Now its going to be the band and not the album ...lol unreal

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »

Bucket leaving was really bad but if Robin is in the L column as well then its just really sad.

No, it would just mean it's the beginning of something new.

Like when Ron joined.

Some people are constantly complaining about how GN'R never give updates etc. Well, with Ron GN'R got a guitarist who's communicating with the fans.

So even if you have issues with his guitar playing (for whatever personal reason you may have), you gotta admit that something good did come out of Ron replacing Buckethead.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:10:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

No, it would just mean it's the beginning of something new.

Like when Ron joined.

Some people are constantly complaining about how GN'R never give updates etc. Well, with Ron GN'R got a guitarist who's communicating with the fans.

So even if you have issues with his guitar playing (for whatever personal reason you may have), you gotta admit that something good did come out of Ron replacing Buckethead.

Ill take the 2002 or even the 2006 lineup over communication any day of the week.

At the end of the day I want the best possible band out there. Even if that means they are assholes and dont communicate.(Which shouldnt be hand in hand). As a fan I want the band that inspires.

Ron is very good and a super nice guy. Im not against him being in this band. In a perfect world he wouldnt be in it though. In a world in which I would have to settle for he would be the 2nd guitarist. But if hes the main guy then its a scenario in which I dont want to see happen.

Like I have said this latest fiasco just shows the ultimate frustration for Gnr fans. Nothing can go hand in hand. Nothing can run smoothly. Nothing can be perfect or even close to perfect. All of these years the album was the frustration. All we wanted was the album to coincide with the band. But now it appears that we will have the album but not the band. And thats ashame. Not just for us. But for the band. FOr Axl.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:33:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

As I said, it wasn't about the line up's skills...  Roll Eyes

Something good came out of it, you just can't admit it because Buckethead isn't in the band....

You'll just never be happy if he's not in the band.

This is a theme of many of your posts. Hence your custom title.

Frustrations? Only if you're inclined to see everything in black.

As I originally said, something good can come out of things that seem bad and/or frustrating.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »

Something good came out of it, you just can't admit it because Buckethead isn't in the band....
A member who communicates with the fans takes a backseat to ability. If Bucket and ROn were a wash playing wise, then yes something good would have come out of it.

You'll just never be happy if he's not in the band.

This is a theme of many of your posts. Hence your custom title.

Frustrations? Only if you're inclined to see everything in black.

As I originally said, something good can come out of things that seem bad and/or frustrating.

Did you read my post or did you use your standard response to my posts? I said I even like the 2006  lineup. Last time I checked Bucket wasnt in that lineup and Ron was ok

Yes, its cool that Ron responds to emails and questions but that does not make up for the loss in what actually matters...the music/lineup/touring etc

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: