Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:43:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan 'On the Record' - Video
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan 'On the Record' - Video  (Read 8869 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »

Ok so it's pretty clear that you just don't get my point and don't know a shit about my philosophy. And it puts this conversation a great end Wink

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

^ I don't see where you read that. That's Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven first and then Axl, Slash, Gilby, Duff and Matt.

So he says they were really, really young and omits Dizzy?

Gilby and Matt didn't record four albums with GN'R and neither did Steven.....

It seems like he's talking of the AFD line up and the rise to fame, but then mentions the four albums which weren't recorded by that line up.

Anyway, seems like Duff has to play nice to keep his band members happy.

/jarmo

He didn't say recorded - he said created.  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

Ok so it's pretty clear that you just don't get my point and don't know a shit about my philosophy. And it puts this conversation a great end Wink

I get it.

I'm not allowed to comment on former members because I don't think VR were the greatest rock band on earth and I said so.

Still, the same five guys didn't create all those four albums.

And they weren't really, really young all those years.

Or?

Matt Sorum was 29 when he joined GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »

I get it.

I'm not allowed to comment on former members because I don't think VR were the greatest rock band on earth and I said so.

No, you really didn't get it and that just proves it rofl

And btw, I agree with that comment on VR.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 03:02:16 PM »

No, you really didn't get it and that just proves it rofl

Yeah, it's all fun to make accusations but when asked for proof, it's "OMG ROTFL LOLZ!11!!!!!"

I just don't agree that a certain book is "setting the record straight", I don't think it's very cool that people bashing GN'R are also reaping the benefits of being in the band etc.

I guess you think that's bashing.

I didn't say a bad word about Duff or Matt in this thread. Yet I'm "bashing".

I merely commented on the fact that Duff thinks Matt is up there with Keith and John. Something I disagree with and some of you seem to agree on.

Yet I'm the one "bashing former members".

I pointed out that to me it looks like Duff is talking about the AFD line-up (since he mentions five guys being young), which means Matt isn't in the picture and then goes on talking about four records... A bit confusing. I guess it's bashing!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »

So just forget it and what I said 'cause I don't have the need to try to make my point clear, 'cause as I said you didn't get it. So that's it peace Peace out!

BEEP.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »

So just forget it and what I said 'cause I don't have the need to try to make my point clear, 'cause as I said you didn't get it. So that's it peace Peace out!
so you were just being a troll?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »

so you were just being a troll?

No.. ooooh for heaven's sake. I just mean that I don't want to fight about a stupid thing like this 'cause it's no good and there's no need to.

BEEP.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 01:49:50 AM »

^ I don't see where you read that. That's Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven first and then Axl, Slash, Gilby, Duff and Matt.

Dizzy was hardly a core member at the time. He was hired to play keyboards live and he didn't contribute to any of the albums. I don't see why Duff would mention him.

Anyway, seems like Duff has to play nice to keep his band members happy.

That's what I would think, yes.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 02:03:53 AM »

Dont really see the big deal

I think everyone knows that drummers for the most part are the easiest member to replace in a band. There are very very few drummers that cant be replaced

Moon,Bonham, Lee,Ulrich,Grohl.................. Don Henley cause he was the fuckin singer hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:18 AM »

Moon,Bonham, Lee,Ulrich,Grohl.................. Don Henley cause he was the fuckin singer hihi

You can add Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy to that list. yes

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »

Dont really see the big deal

I think everyone knows that drummers for the most part are the easiest member to replace in a band. There are very very few drummers that cant be replaced

a great drummer is as important to the band as a great guitarplayer, a good singer, bassist and guitarist has a shitty band if the drummer's shitty, only reason it's easier to replace them is because they don't get as much attention as the rest of the band
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »

I get it.

Still, the same five guys didn't create all those four albums.

And they weren't really, really young all those years.

Or?

Matt Sorum was 29 when he joined GN'R.

/jarmo
Ok, since we're going to "nitpick" about one statement in that entire interview......

I disagree.  I've always been under the impression that those first 4 albums were mostly written and created by the 5 guys Duff was probably referring to, plus West.  Even including the songs on UYI, because a couple members came in, after the fact.  But, the songs were written & pretty much created - some of them years before UYI. 

And as for really, really young....I think late teens/early twenties is really, really young - but, then again, I'm 46.  As for Matt being 29 or whatever when he joined, he wasn't referring to Matt - that was later. 

I think he was just making a comment in reference to what probably are his best memories of being in that band and what it was about for him. 

Why pick it apart?

As for the statement he made about drummer and Sorum - I have no comment.

Anyway, anyone else checked out nutsie?   

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:22:42 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 01:57:29 AM »

Gilby and Matt didn't record four albums with GN'R and neither did Steven.....

/jarmo

He mentioned the FIVE guys who CREATED those 4 records....I hate giving Steven Adler credit on anything, and I wont here, but I will say those records were created before Sorum came around..and EVERYONE omits Dizzy...which is really puzzling to me...Dizzy has been in the band longer than anyone except Axl ,and VH1's "Behind the Music" did not even mention his name once in that entire show,.not to mention Slash kind of referred to Dizzy being on the same level as Teddy..."just a touring musician" in his autobiography if I remember correctly..
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »

Because he is a touring musician.  I don't really believe he ever helped create anything in GnR.  He plays. 
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 02:37:48 AM »

PEople for get that Dizzy was asked to join the band back during AFD days, but he fucked upped his   hand... that being off topic, Duff intentions are in business, and end of the day in that interview, nuTzie is something he is championing, I see no relevance to who he things is best guitar player or drummer, I expected nothing less from his comments. And I agree with jarmo when he stated the 5 guys... he was talking about the AFD days. not a whole lot to infer really.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »

Why pick it apart?

Puts the Matt mention in perspective.

First it's like he wasn't an integral part of GN'R (like Matt himself seems to think) and then he's listed along two legendary drummers.

Kinda like "oops, I forgot to mention my drummer earlier, gotta do it now".

That's why.  Smiley

/jarmo

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »

Why pick it apart?

First it's like he wasn't an integral part of GN'R (like Matt himself seems to think) and then he's listed along two legendary drummers.

That's why.  Smiley

/jarmo

Ummm.. so you think that 'cause Duff thinks Matt is an awesome drummer, he couldn't have enjoyed the early years of GN'R because Matt wasn't there..?

And why is that so strange?

BEEP.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

Ummm.. so you think that 'cause Duff thinks Matt is an awesome drummer, he couldn't have enjoyed the early years of GN'R because Matt wasn't there..?

Did I say that?

No....

He was asked about GN'R and immediately says "the five of us".

Matt is the guy who was annoyed because he was listed as an additional musician on Live Era.

Stop twisting my words around. I didn't say what you imply in your first paragraph nor did I say this was strange.

Ooops, I'm just "bashing".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »

Jarmo, are you simply stupid or are you just acting like one? rofl You don't even want to understand what I'm asking here.

Did I say that?

No....

No you didn't, but you clearly pointed it out that Duff enjoyed the early years, and STILL says that Matt's a great drummer. So what the fucking what?

Uhhmhmmhm.. Duff was asked about Guns N' Roses, he said it was great time for the five of them (as said, probably the AFD-lineup). Later he was asked about his favorite drummers and he mentions Matt. What's the problem here, you really think Duff thinks like oops, I forgot to mention my drummer earlier, gotta do it now".. 'cause that's just pathetic way of think hihi

BEEP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: