Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Is this the top secret baz slash project? If it is it's truly mind blowing...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this the top secret baz slash project? If it is it's truly mind blowing...  (Read 7536 times)
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: July 07, 2008, 12:48:09 PM »

Haven't Seen this posted yet but found it searching the web today:

A high-priced puppy ended a dream collaboration between feuding GUNS N' ROSES founders AXL ROSE and SLASH and funk legend SLY STONE.
Stone had tentatively signed on to re-record some of his obscure tracks with former Skid Row star Sebastian Bach, who had suggested his friends Rose and Slash join them in the studio.
But Bach's dream of bringing the Guns N' Roses duo back together hit a snag when eccentric Stone demanded a pedigree pup.
The rocker tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was footing the bill for this session on my own. I had everyone ready to go. At the very last minute my manager calls Sly and says, 'What's Sly going to need?' Sly wanted me to buy him a dog.
"He gave me this information on a specific kennel in northern California, in Napa Valley, and a specific breed for one puppy that he wanted me to buy for him for $8,500.
"That was the straw that broke the camel's back on the session... I almost had them (Slash and Rose) reunited on a Sly tune. That still could happen.
"If I can afford to buy Sly the puppy he wanted, I can reunite Guns N' Roses"

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/pedigree%20puppy%20ruins%20slash%20rose%20bach%20stone%20supergroup%20plans_1072394

I don't know how true it is but if all it would take is $8,500 to get SLash and Axl back together even if its just for one song, a fund raiser on this website would do it easily if every member gave a dollar wed be like 80 short.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:56:25 PM »

This story is so stupid its believable.  Baz is such a goof.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:11:18 PM »

it's most likely not, and btw already posted couple o times
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »

I think Baz likes reading his own headlines way too much

libertad
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »

I don't necessarily believe the puppy story, but I do believe that Sebastian is indeed trying to get Axl and Slash to talk and reunite in some sort of fashion (perhaps Slash's Solo project) that is not a GNR reunion. Would be awesome to see them talking again and indeed Mind Blowing!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

I just cant see Axl at this point even thinking about doing this, let alone if he knew Slash was involved-the original Guns would reunite on their own terms, I cant believe Baz or anyone else would "talk" them into it

libertad
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »

Yea the more i thought about it the less realistic it became i mean the amount of money stood to be made by this would greatly exceed 8500 so any record lable would jump on that and make millions off of it

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 08:25:15 AM »

I think Baz likes reading his own headlines way too much

He is just a bit of a publicity whore rofl
And if you look at his last 20 interviews, he manages to drop Axl's name in about 20 of them
greendog
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »

I don't think Axl would like to see that Baz is shouting his mouth off about Re-Uniting "Guns N' Roses". Baz has played with GN'R on their recent tour... theres nothing to reunite.

Granted its not the OLD band, but thats in the past. There is a Guns N' Roses. There is no need to reunite an old band, when there's a perfectly capable/rocking/awesome band under the name of Guns N' Roses now.

All he would be doing is reuniting Slash and Axl. Thats it. Thats not a band. Thats not GN'R.

/rant  smoking
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »

Sorry, but whether people like it or not, people still don't consider this the real GNR-Sebastian Bach's comments prove it, and he was on tour with them and friendly with Axl-I think Sebastian even considers this Axl's project-only die hard fans like myself are interested in the other members-it is what it is

libertad
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »

Granted its not the OLD band, but thats in the past. There is a Guns N' Roses. There is no need to reunite an old band, when there's a perfectly capable/rocking/awesome band under the name of Guns N' Roses now.

regarding this Baz talking to be true or not.....if BAZ -or anyone else- really would get together Slash and Axl back together on 1 stage/studio (etc.) @ the same time definately will be mentioned in music history books!
and whoever from the mods deleted my last post before i'll just say my personal opinion again:  ok

realistically Axl is just using the GN'R brand band name for his solo project! sorry, if its not Axl-yes-man-talking....but  well, thats what it is!

Re-Union time, baby!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »

realistically Axl is just using the GN'R brand band name for his solo project! sorry, if its not Axl-yes-man-talking....but  well, thats what it is!

Realistically, you're completely wrong.

A group of musicians, brought together by one person, who then collaborate to produce a vast quantity of music, is in no way that person's solo project.

Meditate on that.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:03:07 PM »

Realistically, you're completely wrong.

A group of musicians, brought together by one person, who then collaborate to produce a vast quantity of music, is in no way that person's solo project.

Meditate on that.

Sounds like the description to Snakepit.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »

I said a vast quantity of music.

Not two bad albums.

Didn't Slash want Snakepit to be a band in the first place anyway?

I thought it was the record label that made it 'his' sideproject?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:23:20 PM by AdZ » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:15 AM »

off course the Axl-yes-men had to turn it the other way  hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »

I don't think Axl would like to see that Baz is shouting his mouth off about Re-Uniting "Guns N' Roses".

All he would be doing is reuniting Slash and Axl. Thats it. Thats not a band. Thats not GN'R.

Bach is too professional to "shout his mouth off" about this kinda thing. This shouldn't be taken lightly. There have been some really positive developments lately.

I'm sure that Axl would love Slash to play some of the new melodies that he has written - the only way that Slash can!

Also, it wouldn't just be Axl and Slash. Gilby would be into it and Duff certainly hasn't been resting on his laurels either.

These guys don't wan't to be pisssed at eachother forever!

Also, it doesn't mean that the current guys are sacked or anything like that. It means that there will be a bigger sound and a shit hot band all jamming together.

Elvis had a huge band behind him!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »

off course the Axl-yes-men had to turn it the other way  hihi

You mean.. stating the facts?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »

no, i mean people like you turning facts the Axlist way.
no dizzy, no robin, no bucket, no paul tobias, hell, not even allmighty chris have any cards to play in this cd game, they all are/have been hired musicians for Axl's project using the GN'R brand name for it.
and when being on the "realistical" way....just ask around some non-forum dudes about this issue and you mostly get this response  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »

no dizzy, no robin, no bucket, no paul tobias, hell, not even allmighty chris have any cards to play in this cd game, they all are/have been hired musicians for Axl's project using the GN'R brand name for it.
and when being on the "realistical" way....just ask around some non-forum dudes about this issue and you mostly get this response  Wink

What exactly do you know about how they work together?

I guess VR was Scott's solo project since he picked the songs he wanted to work on for Contraband....

Remember how he rejected a bunch of songs that weren't good enough?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 03:59:23 PM »

What exactly do you know about how they work together?

I guess VR was Scott's solo project since he picked the songs he wanted to work on for Contraband....

Remember how he rejected a bunch of songs that weren't good enough?

/jarmo

Scott and the band did compromise a lot. 

Limulus is correct that non forum people would likely view the current lineup as a solo project.  I don't see what is so bad about that?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: