Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476096 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1520 on: September 14, 2008, 02:27:19 AM »

Hope it's ok to ask now, anyone knows where can I listen to it online?

I tried YouTube but I failed.  Undecided
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1521 on: September 14, 2008, 02:29:52 AM »

Hopefully GnR put the song up on their myspace or website for streaming if they aren't able to offer it for a download on itunes. 
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1522 on: September 14, 2008, 02:56:12 AM »

does anyone know anything about some breaking rock band news concerning a htgth member?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1523 on: September 14, 2008, 03:03:02 AM »

does anyone know anything about some breaking rock band news concerning a htgth member?

ellaborate...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1524 on: September 14, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »

well i did like the song, i think its a good one.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1525 on: September 14, 2008, 03:10:55 AM »

ellaborate...

The rumors are true.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1526 on: September 14, 2008, 03:14:01 AM »

yeah it was a sad day. GNRFAN20 wouldn't stop crying but at least us (Chinese Democracy Eventually *CDE* , D. JB.Garry Cheapjon, and myself) where able to get our copies and go home and play Shacklers Revenge.

thats the picture that was taken of us from Rockband.com  hihi
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1527 on: September 14, 2008, 03:15:49 AM »

what happened to his xbox? the red ring?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1528 on: September 14, 2008, 03:17:42 AM »

i think he said it don't read disc and the controllers wont connect to his xbox. so he has to send it to M$ to get it repaired
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1529 on: September 14, 2008, 03:20:01 AM »

I just beat my best score!

Oh my Axl, I'm singing God's lyrics!

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1530 on: September 14, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »

i think he said it don't read disc and the controllers wont connect to his xbox. so he has to send it to M$ to get it repaired

bad luck, im in my third xbox, once the red ring,then they send it to me and the console didnt recognise the controllers, other time the drive just didnt read the games.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1531 on: September 14, 2008, 05:01:40 AM »

Hmmm, while I find myself listening to it again and again, not sure what I think.  First reaction is 'disco'Huh  I don't 'love' it, but it's a good song...the kind you listen to, if it plays on the radio, but don't seek it out (if it wasn't Gn'R!).  I would listen to Mary had a little lamb if Axl & company did it.  I am just glad to have new material, and look forward to more very soon.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1532 on: September 14, 2008, 05:20:01 AM »

everyone check this out...
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14257567/rock-band-2/videos/rb2_gnr_091208.html;jsessionid=1wpu5eh9j85aw

thats awsome!!!!!!!!!!!11

btw, its only 30 seconds so its not breaching any copyright issues....  hihi peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1533 on: September 14, 2008, 05:51:05 AM »

I love the baseline actually Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Olorin
« Reply #1534 on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:53 AM »

Cooooooooooooool, sounds much better than the muffled version I have ok

Its catchy and poppy, theres an undeniable Rob Zombie vibe to the song, and its its short and sweet. It sounds like Axl and co. were actually having fun and made a simple catchy song.
I dont understand people unhappy that its not an epic, deep and meaningful earth shaker - that kind of song would be wasted on a platform like this, Shackler's Revenge sounds like an ideal choice.

I dont like the intro, those heavy computerised effects are already sounding dated to me, but  I can live with it.

There is something about this song that reminds me of Think About You, I dont know what exactly, the structure and simple chorus are kind of similar. It sounds like Think About You on steriods, thinking back to the "Appetite on sterioids" quote. Or I'm going slightly mad drool
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #1535 on: September 14, 2008, 06:24:47 AM »

It would be my guess, that the deal with Harmonix for Shackler's would include a period of exclusivity.

Making it an imediate 99p/c download on iTunes would undermine the investment in the track by the game developers a little.  Let's wait and see if/how long the exclusivity is for before complaining  ok
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1536 on: September 14, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »

It would be my guess, that the deal with Harmonix for Shackler's would include a period of exclusivity.

Making it an imediate 99p/c download on iTunes would undermine the investment in the track by the game developers a little.  Let's wait and see if/how long the exclusivity is for before complaining  ok

they could sell it on itunes immediately
as it has officially "debut" on rockband2,

it can now be sold/'radio played.
whether or not that is going to happen we shall wait and see

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #1537 on: September 14, 2008, 08:00:16 AM »

Its got good Preview from IGN.  yes

Rock Band 2: GNR Hands-on
We take Axl & company's new song for a test drive.
by Hilary Goldstein

September 12, 2008 - Guns N' Roses grabbed the music world by the balls with their debut album, Appetite for Destruction, and then gave those balls a gentle squeeze with the two-disc follow-up, Use Your Illusion. GNR was a band overloaded with talent and ego, the latter of which caused a split that would have seemed to mean the premature end to one of the great rock bands of the past 20 years. Somehow, Axl Rose and the GNR name survived. For more than a decade GNR has been working on "Chinese Democracy," an album that could help the group regain its mantle as one of the kings of rock 'n' roll.

It's been rumored that GNR has written more than 100 songs for consideration on the album -- an album that, with each passing year, seems less and less likely to be released. But it appears "Chinese Democracy" may yet see the light of day. And the strongest evidence is that the first GNR single in a long, long time has made its debut... in a videogame.

You'll have to wait until Sunday to hear the new GNR track.
While most of the 84 tracks on Rock Band 2 are previously released ditties, "Shackler's Revenge" is brand new from Guns N' Roses. Forget the GNR you remember from when you were in high school. "Shackler's Revenge" is a brooding, industrial riff with a catchy chorus and only a hint of Axl's classic high-pitched vocals that gets buried at times under heavy distortion. Once you get past the first 30 seconds, "Shackler's Revenge" picks up quite a bit, with one good hook that will keep it bouncing around in your head for at least a couple of weeks.

Everyone wants to know if the new GNR song is any good. I would say that it's an acquired taste, and that the opening half-minute feels a tad self-indulgent. But the song gets better from that point. The more I listen (and play) "Shackler's Revenge" the more it grows on me. Plenty will be turned off by the fact that this doesn't sound at all like classic GNR, but if you want a classic, just go buy Appetite for Destruction. This is the new Guns N' Roses, deal with it or get off the planet.

Track Difficulty Ratings
Band 4 | Guitar 5 | Bass 4 | Vocals 2 | Drums 2

Of course, this is a music game we're talking about, so our real concern is what it's like playing "Shackler's Revenge." A word of warning: amateurs need not enter. While GNR's latest won't put you to the test to the excruciating level of Judas Priest's "Painkiller" or Dream Theatre's "Panic Attack," it is a definite challenge on Expert difficulty. You need your A-game here from all parties.

Though Slash is long gone from the band, the lead guitar proves a finger workout. There's really no respite from start to finish, so save your star power for when you're on the precipice of failure. Better than the guitar, though, is the surprising bass play. This is one of the fastest, slickest bass lines in the entirety of Rock Band 2. The drums are equally up-tempo, but are the easiest instrument for the song. The backbeat in general is pretty killer, both in terms of sound and gameplay challenge. And, of course, one member of the band has the unenviable task of trying to emulate Axl Rose. It's not as difficult as it might sound. At least, it's not that tough to do well in the game. Actually sounding like Axl? Well, it's hard to imagine many in the world will do his vocals justice.

Guns N' Roses' "Shackler's Revenge" is a great addition to the Rock Band 2 library. Whether or not you love listening to the song, is irrelevant. It's fun to play. And with Rock Band, that is ultimately what matters most.

Editor's Note: We're sorry we can't give you a sampling of the song. It remains under wraps until Rock Band 2 becomes available this Sunday.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: September 14, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »

apparently it wont be released as a single ..

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14257567/rock-band-2/videos/rb2_vidreview_091208.html;jsessionid=6ica6e5sfk3rp

"They are not even releasing a single, this is the first chance youll be able to hear them or play them".
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:24:47 AM by gunns1 » Logged

DemocracyRose
« Reply #1539 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »

apparently it wont be released as a single ..

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14257567/rock-band-2/videos/rb2_vidreview_091208.html;jsessionid=6ica6e5sfk3rp

"They are not even releasing a single, this is the first chance youll be able to hear them or play them".

Ehh, maybe later?? Undecided

At least its not the only(i guess).
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: