Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 476399 times)
holland_49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1480 on: September 13, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »

Even us older casual GNR fans haven't been living in a cave for the past 11+ years.  We all got the memo in 1996 about who's out of the band.  Certain former members have been in the spotlight with their own bands.  We may be older casual GNR fans but we love to watch the Ellen show and TMZ.

I would hardly consider somebody that has close to 4,000 posts on a Guns N Roses message board just a casual fan.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:49:15 PM by holland_49 » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1481 on: September 13, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »

I would hardly consider somebody that has close to 4,000 posts on a Guns N Roses message board just a casual fan.
Would you consider someone who hasn't actually listened to TSI? (but I do own it) a casual fan?  How about if that same someone asked if a clip was a new song and it turned out the song in question had been released 20 years ago?  Would you consider that person a casual fan even with almost 4,000 posts?  Embarrassed

And even admitting to all that, I still know who has NOT been in GNR since 1996.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »

I just can't wait to watch the world wake up and remember (or perhaps discover) just how killer of a band Guns N' Roses are.  I'm so excited for tomorrow.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1483 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »

Would you consider someone who hasn't actually listened to TSI? (but I do own it) a casual fan?  How about if that same someone asked if a clip was a new song and it turned out the song in question had been released 20 years ago?  Would you consider that person a casual fan even with almost 4,000 posts?  Embarrassed

And even admitting to all that, I still know who has NOT been in GNR since 1996.
I'd think of you as more than a casual fan. Anyone who posts more than 4,000 times on a message board related to a specific band strikes me as more than a casual fan. I like lots of bands, but there's only one that I care enough to find message boards for (GN'R). By the way, do you know who Bumblefoot, Robin Finck, and Buckethead are? If so, then I believe that makes you more than a casual fan. I strike up conversations with lots of people, and none of them can tell me who is in GN'R (even though they tell me that they like GN'R), and most of them still think they have "the guy with a bucket on his head" in the band.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1484 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »

By the way, do you know who Bumblefoot, Robin Finck, and Buckethead are? If so, then I believe that makes you more than a casual fan.
"casual fan" in the sense that I know who they are but I couldn't tell you which one is actually playing what part.  there are times when I'm not even sure if it's Axl or someone else singing certain parts on certain songs.

I strike up conversations with lots of people, and none of them can tell me who is in GN'R (even though they tell me that they like GN'R), and most of them still think they have "the guy with a bucket on his head" in the band.
I think I'm one of those people.  Since Axl said that some of BH's parts are on the album, wouldn't he be considered still in the band?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #1485 on: September 13, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »

I strike up conversations with lots of people, and none of them can tell me who is in GN'R (even though they tell me that they like GN'R), and most of them still think they have "the guy with a bucket on his head" in the band.
I think I'm one of those people.  Since Axl said that some of BH's parts are on the album, wouldn't he be considered still in the band?
That's an interesting thought, but no I wouldn't consider BH to be a member of the band. I'd think of him as a contributor on the album, not he's no longer a member. Just like Mike Monroe is listed as being on the harmonica and saxophone on Bad Obsession. Mike obviously contributed to the song, but he wasn't a member of the band.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #1486 on: September 13, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »

So how can we hear this cool new song if we dont have an Xbox??   I really wanna hear this new song..
Might it be played on the radio soon?

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1487 on: September 13, 2008, 09:50:40 PM »

So how can we hear this cool new song if we dont have an Xbox??   I really wanna hear this new song..
Might it be played on the radio soon?
No one knows, I think rock band are having a party in NYC so if anything would happen it would be at 12 am Eastern Daylight Time.

That like 5 am in england (oh well another late night)  Smiley

peace
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:15:02 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1488 on: September 13, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »

I just viewed someone playing "Shackler's" in the MTV store in NYC. It was pretty cool. All the solos all performed by buckethead, except the last solo is done by Ron. If you know the band and its players, you can easily and clearly id who's playing which solo.
Funny, because you seem to not know the band. It's a fretless solo, its Ron's style and tone. The writing credits has nothing to do with that.

AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #1489 on: September 13, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »

Oh and Shacker's Revenge really isnt very good.  It sounds like Rob Zombie mixed with Linken Park produced by Marilyn Manson.  It is by far the weakest of the new songs Ive heard, including Oh My God which I think is an incredible song.  It is a very simplistic song as in its structure and lyrics and yes I know the structure can be debated because theres a lot of chord bashing and that same synthesizer weird break in the middle of the song that annoyed people in Better.   Still the song is broken up into, verse, bridge, chorus, verse bridge chorus, verse chorus.  The song is weak, im sorry.  There are parts that are amazing, and im not going to get into the guitarist debate because I dont know enough to tell you who is who, but Buckethead or BBF or both are amazing in the song.  Especially when the chorus is going on and im just sitting there like, "Why do I need all the synthesizing, both vocal and musical."  I seriously would rather just listen to the guitar in the song.  The drums are uninspired and nothing special and the rest of the song really is a mess of noise.  I dont know why people are talking about the chorus...Its a 6 word chorus.  The lyrics are very pale and again bordering on "boy bandy."  Im sorry, what happened to the Axl that was a bad ass who sung about things other than someone who aparently doesnt really want to be with him anymore.  There are 8 lines of verse in the entire song and 6 of the lines rhyme with "pay."  Its just very cliche lyrics and I really really hope they just chose this song because it would be short and complex with tons of notes for Rockband 2.  It does not feel like a single whatsoever.  

Im not bashing the new band because I really like them, ive seen them live and the new stuff is amazing.  Better is a much better song than Shackler's Revenge though.  Its not even close and in my opinion, while music is subjective, its really not debatable.  This song felt very old and was probably done around the same time as Oh My God, at least I hope.  I hope GNR was just contacted by Rockband for a new song and had this one laying around.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1490 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »

who knows axlLynch,

mabye his song was just a song for rockband 2, and not a song to be released as a single..
I agree with a few points you made,
but the song is what it is, a song on video game that will appeal the the intended teenage/young adult teenage
market..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1491 on: September 13, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »

Oh and Shacker's Revenge really isnt very good.  It sounds like Rob Zombie mixed with Linken Park produced by Marilyn Manson.  It is by far the weakest of the new songs Ive heard, including Oh My God which I think is an incredible song.  It is a very simplistic song as in its structure and lyrics and yes I know the structure can be debated because theres a lot of chord bashing and that same synthesizer weird break in the middle of the song that annoyed people in Better.   Still the song is broken up into, verse, bridge, chorus, verse bridge chorus, verse chorus.  The song is weak, im sorry.  There are parts that are amazing, and im not going to get into the guitarist debate because I dont know enough to tell you who is who, but Buckethead or BBF or both are amazing in the song.  Especially when the chorus is going on and im just sitting there like, "Why do I need all the synthesizing, both vocal and musical."  I seriously would rather just listen to the guitar in the song.  The drums are uninspired and nothing special and the rest of the song really is a mess of noise.  I dont know why people are talking about the chorus...Its a 6 word chorus.  The lyrics are very pale and again bordering on "boy bandy."  Im sorry, what happened to the Axl that was a bad ass who sung about things other than someone who aparently doesnt really want to be with him anymore.  There are 8 lines of verse in the entire song and 6 of the lines rhyme with "pay."  Its just very cliche lyrics and I really really hope they just chose this song because it would be short and complex with tons of notes for Rockband 2.  It does not feel like a single whatsoever.  

Im not bashing the new band because I really like them, ive seen them live and the new stuff is amazing.  Better is a much better song than Shackler's Revenge though.  Its not even close and in my opinion, while music is subjective, its really not debatable.  This song felt very old and was probably done around the same time as Oh My God, at least I hope.  I hope GNR was just contacted by Rockband for a new song and had this one laying around.

Just listen to it a bunch of times you will like it.  It's awesome best lyric: I've got wicked demon inside i never faced, i've got an empty feelin that i won't be home today.  the guitars during the hook is awesome !!! bh, Finck,bbf did a helluva a job.  Axl's lyrics are outta this world !! man that guy is a lyric legend.  I give this song 4 of 5 stars.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1492 on: September 13, 2008, 11:35:48 PM »

can someone post the official lyrics to this song yet ?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1493 on: September 13, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »

It is a little White Zombie like but Axl's lyrics and vocals make it his own.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #1494 on: September 13, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

And Axl's vocals?  What are you talking about? Its all synthesized.  1/2 the song sounds like My World
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1495 on: September 13, 2008, 11:39:27 PM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

And Axl's vocals?  What are you talking about? Its all synthesized.  1/2 the song sounds like My World

Have you even listened to the lyrics? They all fit together and tell a story.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1496 on: September 13, 2008, 11:42:55 PM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

EMO !!!!! that's a slap in a face to GnR and its fans !!! LOL nothing like emo at all.  Axl is telling a story maybe shacklers is him and being steam rolled in the press about this album, or his relationship with stephanie seymour who knows ?? maybe we will find out.  This songs kicks ass is THE NEW GUNS N ROSES get aboard or GET THE FUCK OFF.

6 Min till Sunday for the East Coast Rockband 2 will offically be out  !!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:54:28 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #1497 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »

what do those 2 lines even mean?  They are only tied together by both being emo cliches.  He has a demon inside him and it wont go away? Ok...sounds like he was hanging around outside of middle school locker rooms.  Then Ive got a feeling I wont be home today?  Why?  Why wont he be home.  When in the song is there ever a reason given as to why Axl wont be home.  Whats even going on? Or is it just kinda depressing lyrics?  Also, you can listen to almost any song multiple times and it can grow on you.  That just means that the melody kind of is non existant.   Im sorry there are some lyrics that tie together to form a theme and then there are these lyrics which are just lines thrown together with endings that rhyme with "way."  Again, I liked the guitars and wished the song was just a complete instrumental with just guitars.

Have you even listened to the lyrics? They all fit together and tell a story.

Still you havent said what story or why he wont be home today.  Doesnt make any sense.  how long could the story be when there are only 12 different lines in the song.  I mean if you like the song thats great, but every non gnr fan ive played it for has hated it and almost everyone really liked better or the blues.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #1498 on: September 14, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »

Shackler's Revenge is now offically out on rock band 2  Smiley

The first GN'R Track in 9 years, can't wait to hear it !!!

Chinese Democracy starts now !  Smiley

Shackler's Revenge as performed by Guns N' Roses
Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro

peace

Thanks Giant Robot...
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: September 14, 2008, 12:05:12 AM »

GREAT GNR AND BUCKET SONG

SOMEONE POST THE LYRICS THAT ARE FROM THE GAME!

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: