Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 477332 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1340 on: September 09, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »

Where is ppbebe with our countdown?  Cheesy

We're getting close.  ok

http://www.rockband2.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1341 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

here, Funky. aren't we so out for shackler's revenge? Cheesy

only 5 days to go!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1342 on: September 09, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »

Don't.

PS3 = blu-ray = no bootleg games. (and it's been almost 2 years)

I don't imagine it's the FORMAT, then...since burning blu ray discs isn't that hard.  I burn them with in-house video data just about weekly.

I'd imagine it's either a hardware/encryption hurdle, or the fact the console constantly updates it's firmware, locking out the ability to install a mod chip.

Is there some indication that it's the FORMAT preventing the bootlegs?  I'd be interested in reading about that....

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:10:41 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1343 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »

I think I understood about half a dozen words in that post, pilferk.   Embarrassed   Gawd I feel old!  I do admire all of you who are able to keep up-to-date with all this gaming stuff and the like, it's all I can do to get something loaded onto my ipod.  Hopefully the track will be released on some kind of format I can cope with at some point.   Grin

Don't be too impressed.

I've been gaming for....well, the Atari 2600 was my first console.  It's been a LONG time. Smiley

In addition, I'm a techie by profession...so there is at least SOME crossover there.  I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the "shadier" side of things....I've never pirated a console game in my life.  And I'm not exactly Da Vinci with a solder iron....I'm not even close. It takes at least SOME soldering skill to mod a console, from what I understand.

But I do talk to LOTS of people.....so I at least have enough passing info to be dangerous (and incorrect...see the post about PS3 games, above).

Together again,
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1344 on: September 09, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »

So are non x-box customers gonna be able to buy and listen to the track? C'mon gnr it can't be that difficult to explain what the score is.

Here today...ready to rock
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1345 on: September 09, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »

here, Funky. aren't we so out for shackler's revenge? Cheesy

only 5 days to go!

And tonight...I finally got the go ahead to get the 360 version. Smiley

Then I'll either sell it, or "trade it in", when the PS3 version comes out.

Together again,
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1346 on: September 10, 2008, 12:55:11 AM »

Don't.

I don't imagine it's the FORMAT, then...since burning blu ray discs isn't that hard.  I burn them with in-house video data just about weekly.

I'd imagine it's either a hardware/encryption hurdle, or the fact the console constantly updates it's firmware, locking out the ability to install a mod chip.

Is there some indication that it's the FORMAT preventing the bootlegs?  I'd be interested in reading about that....

yes, i think the ps3 can be modded to play copies, it will probably happen when the blu-ray gets more popular and more cheap.

i think its always the special "format" or code that prevents a normal copy to function as the original, the 360 has  a code to prevent copies, the thing its how much time some one takes to breake the code and start making copies(i think the 360 was broken pretty quickly).  also the 360 hardware checks for "chips" when it gets the upgrades, many people has been banned from the online comunity for using chips. i think the ps3 its more difficult because people dont know how to breake the blu-ray protection yet.

in other things, i hope the song gets released in other formats, i own a 360 and ps3 but i really hate music games like rock band and guitar hero.
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #1347 on: September 10, 2008, 08:22:48 AM »

Don't.

yes, i think the ps3 can be modded to play copies, it will probably happen when the blu-ray gets more popular and more cheap.

i think its always the special "format" or code that prevents a normal copy to function as the original, the 360 has  a code to prevent copies, the thing its how much time some one takes to breake the code and start making copies(i think the 360 was broken pretty quickly).  also the 360 hardware checks for "chips" when it gets the upgrades, many people has been banned from the online comunity for using chips. i think the ps3 its more difficult because people dont know how to breake the blu-ray protection yet.

in other things, i hope the song gets released in other formats, i own a 360 and ps3 but i really hate music games like rock band and guitar hero.

Not that I'm THE expert or anything, but Xbox can run "backup copies" just by uploading a different (modded) firmware version, without even opening the console...

About PS3, it uses a more complex and focused on not running copies hardware AND software... As you may know, Sony had some major trouble in under-development countries (such as Brazil, other south american nations and asia - except Japan) where they didn't release PS2 officially. Here, in Brazil, you can find pirate PS2 games for like US$2,00 and there is NO policies or constraints about it, since it's not released officially here by Sony Brazil.

To prevent that from happening with PS3, they're more aware and, the legend says so, PS3 took so long to be released in order to prevent use of mod chips.

Just my two third world cents
 Wink

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1348 on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:22 PM »

I've played Shacklers on a friends Xbox on expert. Holy Jebus!!!

Rocks hard as all hell. Congrats GNR on a song even better then 'Better' - wicked.  beer

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1349 on: September 10, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

I've played Shacklers on a friends Xbox on expert. Holy Jebus!!!

Rocks hard as all hell. Congrats GNR on a song even better then 'Better' - wicked.  beer

Sweet!  What did it sound like?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1350 on: September 10, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »

i was just telling someone about it coming out.she is happy and going to check it out.

the one an only horsey !
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1351 on: September 10, 2008, 07:28:44 PM »

Ohh no fucking way! Better is a lot better yes

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1352 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »

thats right. nothing is better than Better
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1353 on: September 10, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

Well, only 3 more days till the release!  ok
Weird!  Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1354 on: September 10, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »

Maybe because it's 'newer' to me then 'Better' but it just rocks harder then Better, ya know?

I like some of the subtle changes in the rockband version more so then any other 'version' that might be out there. You can tell this is finished music.

thats right. nothing is better than Better

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1355 on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »

MTV Games, Harmonix and Electronic Arts Ship Rock Band 2 for XBOX 360

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept 10, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Schedule your Rock Band 2 Party for Sunday, September 14th

Harmonix, the world's premier music video game development company, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom's MTV Networks, along with distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc., today announced its highly anticipated music videogame Rock Band 2(TM) is shipping to retail.

The award-winning Rock Band 2 standalone software will make its debut on the XBOX 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on Sunday, September 14, 2008 with an exclusive launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 standalone wireless drums and guitars will also arrive at retail later in the week. In addition, look for the epic Rock Band 2 TV commercial featuring AC/DC's rock anthem "Let There Be Rock" that premiered during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards at www.rockband2.com.

The Wall Street Journal

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1356 on: September 11, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »

You'll have to wait until the game is officially out before talking about the song.

Or did any of you actually buy the game already?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1357 on: September 11, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »

You'll have to wait until the game is officially out before talking about the song.

/jarmo

I don't know about elsewhere but at least here in Michigan, more then a few retailers are already selling.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1358 on: September 11, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »

will radio stations be playing this song?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1359 on: September 11, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »

/jarmo

I don't know about elsewhere but at least here in Michigan, more then a few retailers are already selling.

Russtcb,

Can you get me some names of those retailers?  And maybe locations/phone numbers?  Via PM if you don't want to post them here, directly?

We're hearing this from people around the country, but in order to get a "nationwide" break of the street date, we need to get specific retailer names.  If we can get enough of them, from around the country, we can likely get Gamestop, ToysRus, and the like to start selling them "early".

Otherwise....it's not been "officially" released.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: