Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 500984 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #1300 on: September 05, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »

Ya Im guessing its not the first single since Harmonix said Axl personally chose the song especially for the game or something along those lines.

to me that sounds like its the song he thought would be best suited for the video game, but not necessarily the best first single

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1301 on: September 05, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »

Ya Im guessing its not the first single since Harmonix said Axl personally chose the song especially for the game or something along those lines.

to me that sounds like its the song he thought would be best suited for the video game, but not necessarily the best first single

but in saying that,
they would like to promote the song in order to generate buzz and publicity for both harmonix and guns n roses,
so Im guessing it might be a single, I mean.. It would make sense, killing 2 birds with 1 stone,
having the "hit song" on the radio, whilst also allowing people to be playing it on rockband, etc
its all about getting the material out there to the general public..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1302 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »

Quote from: GunsNRoses.com
Get ready for "Shackler's Revenge." The track from the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy will appear on the video game Rock Band 2, slated for release for the Xbox 360 platform in September.
For those of youze planning on buying an Xbox 360, the price went down.
NOTE:  I know nothing about these video game systems so make sure you'll actually be able to play RB2 on this cheaper "low-end Arcade edition".

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09052008/news/nationalnews/own_xbox_for_less_127568.htm

OWN XBOX FOR LESS

September 5, 2008 --
SEATTLE - The price of Microsoft's Xbox 360 video-game system just got a little cheaper.

While there are several 360 models, the low-end Arcade edition will cost just $199 starting today, the company said. It had sold for $279 in most stores.

The new price deals a serious blow against the competition, undercutting the top-selling $250 Nintendo Wii.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1303 on: September 05, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »

but in saying that,
they would like to promote the song in order to generate buzz and publicity for both harmonix and guns n roses,
so Im guessing it might be a single, I mean.. It would make sense, killing 2 birds with 1 stone,
having the "hit song" on the radio, whilst also allowing people to be playing it on rockband, etc
its all about getting the material out there to the general public..

tbh, i dont knowm if it will be a hit single. I'm sure we will/do like it. Not to say that other "afficionado's" will

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1304 on: September 05, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »

I'm guessing firstly it will be hugely loved by gamers. 

9 more days! peace

I'm guessing the difficult songs are less catchy. Tongue

On Rock Band, I fail miserably when attempting to "sing" the emo songs, yet do exponentially better on classic songs on higher difficulty levels.

Lists schmlists.

Humm, maybe that was simply because you knew the classic tunes well while you heard the emo ones seriously for the first time there?
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1305 on: September 05, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »

On Rock Band, I fail miserably when attempting to "sing" the emo songs, yet do exponentially better on classic songs on higher difficulty levels.

Lists schmlists.

thats cuz you have to be crying when you sing them Cry

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1306 on: September 05, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

nah, the point I was making was ,
would they do a music video,
perform on David Letterman or the other talk show hosts,
do radio interviews,
what?
surely they must promote the first song that will be from chinese democracy,

Not necessarily.

It's a song in a awaited video game.

So obviously lots of people who never paid attention to GN'R will hear a GN'R song.

That's promotion in itself.

It's the first song from the album, but not necessarily the first single.

/jarmo

Jarmo so your saying obviously shacklers is in the game but they COULD have Better be the first single ?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:48:30 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1307 on: September 05, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »

Jarmo so your saying obviously shacklers is in the game but they COULD have Better be the first single ?

Civil War wasn't a single first time it was released.

So just because a song appears in a video game, doesn't automatically mean that it's gonna be a single and there'll be a music video for it.

We haven't heard anything about it being a single and the game (with the song) is coming out in about one or two weeks.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:36:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1308 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

I wonder if this is still applies...with regards to the single I mean.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1309 on: September 05, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

I wonder if this is still applies...with regards to the single I mean.

It could I mean what Mysteron wrote said that the band hopes to have the album out this year, then Rollingstone had their source say there's a date picked out in Nov if the band wants to put it out.  Things change though I mean they may of wanted to have Shacklers as the first single but maybe they decided to just put it in rockband and have a diffrent single.  I know Metallica has two songs out as we speak one is a single other is not.  I could see two GnR songs out in public but we will half to wait and see what happens.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #1310 on: September 05, 2008, 06:18:53 PM »

o ya, the new Buckcherry album isnt out yet but they have released 2 or 3 songs from it and only one of them is an official single.

who knows

ben9785
« Reply #1311 on: September 05, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

Yeah and Metallica released 3 new songs for sale on iTunes even before the video clip of the first single was previewed.

I know GNR don't, and shouldn't, follow any conventional route for releasing this album on other people's terms or whatever, but there are many possibilities for them to slowly start unveiling the album if it has been approved for release, whatever other legal/band/business issues pending. Doesn't hurt to throw some ideas out in the open does it?..

But if this Best Buy/Walmart deal happens, we don't know how those terms would affect any 'pre-release' of material from the album before the respective chain 'exclusively' releases the album in full.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1312 on: September 05, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

The plan as far as I can tell will be to put out Shacklers, follow it up with Better and then a softer song.

I can't 'prove' it but I'll stand by it and come back and revisit this thread once that plan follows through.  peace

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1313 on: September 05, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

The plan as far as I can tell will be to put out Shacklers, follow it up with Better and then a softer song.

I can't 'prove' it but I'll stand by it and come back and revisit this thread once that plan follows through.  peace

Makes sense I know some artist don't really have their big hit being the 1st single.  Shacklers being I guess a industrial rocker is a good way introduce the new sound of GnR, then go ahead and put Better which is more close to being a old classic Guns type of song that im sure will be a big hit once it's RELEASED !!! I could see third single being The Blues or something new ? I don't know I don't wanna jump the gun lets focus on shacklers and hope for a release date.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1314 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »

I'm guessing firstly it will be hugely loved by gamers. 

9 more days! peace

Lists schmlists.

Humm, maybe that was simply because you knew the classic tunes well while you heard the emo ones seriously for the first time there?

Not necessarily, because I didn't know a bunch of songs that are considered classic, but I still did well.  It's just the way those songs are.  Lots of ups and downs with no real structure.

Lists schmlists.

thats cuz you have to be crying when you sing them Cry

I tried something along those lines, to no avail.  hihi

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1315 on: September 05, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »

Rockband 2 ships on Sept 14 which is a sunday ! is there a chance it will come out early say fri or sat due to the sunday shipping.  usually video games come out on Tue ? would be nice if it did come out early i've had games I wanted to buy come out earlier than the release date, hopefully this game is one of them.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #1316 on: September 05, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »

Yeah I think "Better" would be a good choice as a single because it sounds closer to old GNR and seems to have got a good response from most people. Follow that up with "The Blues" or "Madagascar", a bit of a change with a ballad or something like that. I think three songs along the lines of these would be a great introduction to the 'new' GNR sound. One song which is very heavy, industrial and over the top, one straightforward song which shows how Axl has modernized the classic GNR sound, and one ballad to show Axl still knows how to hit home.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:34:00 PM by ben857 » Logged
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1317 on: September 06, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »

So just because a song appears in a video game, doesn't automatically mean that it's gonna be a single and there'll be a music video for it.

We haven't heard anything about it being a single and the game (with the song) is coming out in about one or two weeks.

/jarmo

Well, that is sort of true. They planned on releasing "civil war" as the first single, but they decided to donate it to the romanian relief charity album. For us gnr fans, it was the first single, because we all bought the charity album just for that song....
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1318 on: September 06, 2008, 02:44:54 AM »

/jarmo

Well, that is sort of true. They planned on releasing "civil war" as the first single, but they decided to donate it to the romanian relief charity album. For us gnr fans, it was the first single, because we all bought the charity album just for that song....
I Remember listening to it the first time and thinking why is axl making that funny voice  rofl

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1319 on: September 06, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »

me too was positive that it was axl. then again I thought it was axl on RQ. Embarrassed

Can you believe it's only like 8 days till shackler's xbox360 revenge?!! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: