Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 496696 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1280 on: September 03, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »

It's a fairly simple mechanic in practice that I'm making a LOT more complex in explanation.

playing is believing?

yep I've seen both EEG or heart monitor and I think I sorta get a general idea.
thanks for the detailed answers pilferk.

Now I start to dream of shackler's karaok revenge. Grin
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #1281 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

[/quote]

From the jukebox screens I've seen...yes.

It shows song, artist, album artwork, and year of release.

[/quote]

Year of release? Which year?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1282 on: September 03, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »

Here in Vegas, on KOMP 92.3 (www.komp.com)  They played Shacklers a few times so far, then today they said they can't play it anymore because they got a cease and desist. They said it was from the label, they just started playing it too early. Then this afternoon, they were playing all of Metallicas new album, and then 5 songs into it, had to quit, because they got another cease and desist from them, saying they can't play it until Friday. (I know thats unrelated, but it was going through my head)

So anyways, I'm guessing most radio stations have the song, on the ready, just waiting to play it if the guys here were telling the truth.

Axl is God.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1283 on: September 03, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »

11 days? That's pretty close, very curious to hear it!  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1284 on: September 03, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »

Here in Vegas, on KOMP 92.3 (www.komp.com)  They played Shacklers a few times so far, then today they said they can't play it anymore because they got a cease and desist. They said it was from the label, they just started playing it too early. Then this afternoon, they were playing all of Metallicas new album, and then 5 songs into it, had to quit, because they got another cease and desist from them, saying they can't play it until Friday. (I know thats unrelated, but it was going through my head)

So anyways, I'm guessing most radio stations have the song, on the ready, just waiting to play it if the guys here were telling the truth.
Apparently the people at that radio station just don't learn.  They seem to be going for the world record of cease and desists. 

That's cool if they got the song from the label and not some ripped version, if that was true that is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #1285 on: September 03, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »

yay 11 days to go! and maybe we're hearing a bit of news from the RB2 party on Saturday.

I sort of doubt it. Rock Band 2 was featured and "fully playable" at the PAX event last weekend; but apparently, it wasn't  the final retail build, because I've read a number of impressions from the show without a single mention of Shackler's: it likely wasn't in that version. Keeping Shackler's (and apparently, AC/DC's Let there be Rock) under wraps is part of the NDA press is forced to sign to receive a review copy. Given those two details, I would doubt we'll hear anything about Shackler's from this coming event. It's probably not in the version. We'll find out in a few days - would be cool to hear something.

But keep in mind that, if the mechanics are anything like RB, they're not looking for SPECIFIC pitch (at least not at the lower levels...I've never tried to sing on Hard or Expert).  They're looking for a RELATIVE pitch, based on your voice...it's pretty forgiving, to some extent.

The game is much less forgiving on Hard and Expert; you more or less DO need to be pitch perfect on Expert. Easy seems to track tempo only - I've mumbled nonsense or made up my own words, and as long as it's in time with the lyrics, I've scored high. But yeah, you've got to be much more accurate at the higher difficulties.

That's cool if they got the song from the label and not some ripped version, if that was true that is.

IF it's true, yes; a quick perusal of the internet shows it needn't be. But if they really did get it from the label, I think that's more or less confirmation that an official single release is imminent. I'm dying to burn a dollar on iTunes for this thing.... and then $150 or so for the game and a new drum set (anybody want my RB1 set?).

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2008, 02:27:45 AM »

Mysteron is there any truth to the fact that radio stations have the offical single of Shacklers Revenge ? its just they half to wait till a certain day to play it ? if not will we hear from GnR this month about CD or a single ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #1287 on: September 04, 2008, 06:21:31 AM »

lol people are really starting to push the limits of mysterons knowledge Smiley i'm sure he does not know the answers to everything.  I think that it is a little bit early for radio stations to be getting it now, especially if the band does not want it played early.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1288 on: September 04, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »

Year of release? Which year?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

I've only seen screen shots of the setup, and the screenshots weren't from Schacklers.....They were from much older material.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1289 on: September 04, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »

if a release date is not announced there may just be someting like TBA, or something.. But kinda interesting what kind of logo they will use.
Maybe the GNR in rocks and the pistols, thats kinda cool

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1290 on: September 04, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

10 days to go!  peace

if a release date is not announced there may just be someting like TBA, or something.. But kinda interesting what kind of logo they will use.

or it's just shackler's image and says : a single from album chinese democracy, year of release 2008

I sort of doubt it. Rock Band 2 was featured and "fully playable" at the PAX event last weekend; but apparently, it wasn't  the final retail build, because I've read a number of impressions from the show without a single mention of Shackler's: it likely wasn't in that version. Keeping Shackler's (and apparently, AC/DC's Let there be Rock) under wraps is part of the NDA press is forced to sign to receive a review copy. Given those two details, I would doubt we'll hear anything about Shackler's from this coming event. It's probably not in the version. We'll find out in a few days - would be cool to hear something.
true  now the release is close. maybe there is a chance that we will hear some titbit of shackler this weekend.
slim but not none.  Smiley

The game is much less forgiving on Hard and Expert; you more or less DO need to be pitch perfect on Expert. Easy seems to track tempo only - I've mumbled nonsense or made up my own words, and as long as it's in time with the lyrics, I've scored high. But yeah, you've got to be much more accurate at the higher difficulties.

shackler's vocal difficulty is ranked 50th in RB2 tracks. guess it's Easy?
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #1291 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »

shackler's vocal difficulty is ranked 50th in RB2 tracks. guess it's Easy?

Well, ranked 50th out of 84 songs, so yes, it's in the lower-half, about midway, but closer to "really easy" than "impossibly hard." But even the easier songs can be relatively hard (on any instrument) at the Expert level.

[Edit: there's a sort of general difficulty rating (per instrument), ranking each song from easiest to hardest. But you can also set the actual difficulty for that song, Easy-Medium-Hard-Expert. So the easiest song might be tricky on Expert, and the hardest song is manageable for most people on the Easy setting.

And I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: a lot of the difficulty placement is pretty arbitrary. There are songs in the top tier of Rock Band 1 (say, Flirting with Disaster) that I can handle on the harder difficulties, but lower-tier songs (Ok Go) that trip me up.]

We could speculate that this means no (or few) drastic changes in pitch, and no (or few) rapid-fire lyric sections. But I hate to speculate when we're so close.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:16:22 PM by DoctorNo » Logged

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1292 on: September 04, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »

I'm guessing the difficult songs are less catchy. Tongue

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1293 on: September 05, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »

I'm guessing the difficult songs are less catchy. Tongue

On Rock Band, I fail miserably when attempting to "sing" the emo songs, yet do exponentially better on classic songs on higher difficulty levels.

Lists schmlists.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1294 on: September 05, 2008, 04:09:13 AM »

I wonder how gnr will promote there first new song that is slated for chinese democracy...
I mean, I hope they do a live version of it somewhere.........

I guess the vma's are out, so what other medium could they choose?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1295 on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:58 AM »

when are the vmas anyway?

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1296 on: September 05, 2008, 07:43:51 AM »

so what other medium could they choose?

You mean how do artists manage to promote new songs without the help of the VMAs?  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1297 on: September 05, 2008, 07:59:57 AM »

so what other medium could they choose?

You mean how do artists manage to promote new songs without the help of the VMAs?  Wink

/jarmo

nah, the point I was making was ,
would they do a music video,
perform on David Letterman or the other talk show hosts,
do radio interviews,
what?
surely they must promote the first song that will be from chinese democracy,

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1298 on: September 05, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »

nah, the point I was making was ,
would they do a music video,
perform on David Letterman or the other talk show hosts,
do radio interviews,
what?
surely they must promote the first song that will be from chinese democracy,

Not necessarily.

It's a song in a awaited video game.

So obviously lots of people who never paid attention to GN'R will hear a GN'R song.

That's promotion in itself.

It's the first song from the album, but not necessarily the first single.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1299 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:36 AM »

strangely enough.... GN'R still has a name among the bullshit "music" circulating MTV. They would cause a near-riot experience at the VMAs... will they??? Probably not. We find out Sunday.

I hope they release it to radio. I haven't read if its gonna be released to radio... if it's not, i guess i'm gonna have to buy the stupid game.... i played guitar hero a total of 3 hours... in the course of almost 8 months... lol.

i'd rather pick up my telecaster and jam.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: