Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 496728 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1260 on: August 30, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »

no but seemingly the game is making a debut at there on this Saturday.

I wonder if Shacklers will be played im so eagerly excited come sept 14.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1261 on: September 02, 2008, 12:42:50 PM »

havent heard anything about a single coming for radio...that would be cool if they did that though to coincide with the release of the game  yes

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1262 on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »

havent heard anything about a single coming for radio...that would be cool if they did that though to coincide with the release of the game  yes

I speculate that "Shackler's Revenge" will be on the radio shortly after the game hits stores, whether Guns officially releases it as a single or not.

I mean, the song will be available to the public, so that means radio stations would be free to play it, without fear of cease and desist......right?

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1263 on: September 02, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »

I speculate that "Shackler's Revenge" will be on the radio shortly after the game hits stores, whether Guns officially releases it as a single or not.

I mean, the song will be available to the public, so that means radio stations would be free to play it, without fear of cease and desist......right?
I would think so.  It's available to the public at that point so they should be able to play it.  Unless XBox 360 has exclusivity rights over radio stations.  I wouldn't think that'd be the case though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1264 on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:33 AM »

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/articles/906/906936p2.html

10. "Huh" (Huh): (So, we'd love to talk about this song, but it's one of a handful of tunes in Rock Band 2 that we've been sworn to secrecy on. So, that's all we're saying. That's it! Stop asking!)

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1265 on: September 03, 2008, 03:52:43 AM »

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/articles/906/906936p2.html

10. "Huh" (Huh): (So, we'd love to talk about this song, but it's one of a handful of tunes in Rock Band 2 that we've been sworn to secrecy on. So, that's all we're saying. That's it! Stop asking!)

Yeah, what other song would they be sworn to secrecy on?  Haven't all the other songs been released at some point?

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1266 on: September 03, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

A point of clarification: Rock Band download is just that - a song downloaded to be played on Rock Band. It's not an audio file. The Cr?e tune was Downloadable Content - essentially expansion content for the core game. Shackler's will be included on the Rock Band 2 disc: no download required. If a Shackler's single (in strictly audio format) is made available via download, it'll be through some other service (like iTunes), unrelated to Rock Band.

A point of clarification on that point of clarification Smiley  :

Rock Band 2 is reportedly going to have a sort of "jukebox" function, allowing you to play ANY of the songs you have in your library, build playlists, etc....like "Winamp" for your Rock band 2 (and Rock Band 1, if you import it all) content.  IF one were to have an MP3 device that could record audio from an output source...it would be relatively easy to "transport" the Rock Band 2 content to that device.

So while it's not STRICTLY an audio file, it can pretty easily be turned into an mp3 for your listening pleasure.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:55:13 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1267 on: September 03, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »

A point of clarification: Rock Band download is just that - a song downloaded to be played on Rock Band. It's not an audio file. The Cr?e tune was Downloadable Content - essentially expansion content for the core game. Shackler's will be included on the Rock Band 2 disc: no download required. If a Shackler's single (in strictly audio format) is made available via download, it'll be through some other service (like iTunes), unrelated to Rock Band.

Rock Band 2 is reportedly going to have a sort of "jukebox" function, allowing you to play ANY of the songs you have in your library, build playlists, etc....like "Winamp" for your Rock band 2 (and Rock Band 1, if you import it all) content.  IF one were to have an MP3 device that could record audio from an output source...it would be relatively easy to "transport" the Rock Band 2 content to that device.

So while it's not STRICTLY an audio file, it can pretty easily be turned into an mp3 for your listening pleasure.

But anyways.. im sure GNR will put it out on itunes, gnr.com or something..

Damn only 11 days left! Thats amazing.. We are going to get a new GNR song on 11 days.. is this for real? Cant actually belive it yet! Crazy days are here agian

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1268 on: September 03, 2008, 11:13:01 AM »

Damn only 11 days left! Thats amazing.. We are going to get a new GNR song on 11 days.. is this for real? Cant actually belive it yet! Crazy days are here agian

Grin

Isn't it cool?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #1269 on: September 03, 2008, 11:16:22 AM »

Concession on your clarification to my clarification  Smiley :

Oh, I know - my point was to distinguish between the RB "DLC" and the kind of downloads (like iTunes) people generally associate with music. I can see how the shorthand might confuse someone who's not familiar with Xbox Live or the PSN and their delivery systems.

No doubt, the song will be everywhere, once the game is out - officially or not. Faldor was asking if all the songs were available for download, as in (I thought) direct (and legit) audio files. They're not the same thing (although, as you describe, any song in rock band 2 should be easily convertible with the right hardware), and in the case of Shackler's, there's no download at all - it's on the disc.

If it's made available as an audio file download - officially - it'll be through some other service and has nothing to do with Rock Band. And as some of us have been saying over the past sixty odd pages... that will likely be around the release of the game.

It makes most sense for GNR/Universal to release the song as a single, because yes, the song will be ubiquitous as soon as the game is released, in exactly the way you describe: set to jukebox, output to PC or device, convert to MP3, upload to the internet.

Isn't it cool?

Totally awesome.

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1270 on: September 03, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »

Grin

Isn't it cool?

/jarmo

It'd be even cooler if I could convince my wife to let me pick up the xbox 360 version and not wait until the PS3 version comes out.   I'm working on her, but....and she's got a point...we already have RB for PS3, and a TON of downloadable content.  I keep saying: So we get it for BOTH systems. Smiley

She's not buying it so far.

But I am pretty damn psyched to see that we're going to get a new official release.  Been a pretty long time coming.....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1271 on: September 03, 2008, 11:21:15 AM »

Concession on your clarification to my clarification  Smiley :

Oh, I know - my point was to distinguish between the RB "DLC" and the kind of downloads (like iTunes) people generally associate with music. I can see how the shorthand might confuse someone who's not familiar with Xbox Live or the PSN and their delivery systems.

No doubt, the song will be everywhere, once the game is out - officially or not. Faldor was asking if all the songs were available for download, as in (I thought) direct (and legit) audio files. They're not the same thing (although, as you describe, any song in rock band 2 should be easily convertible with the right hardware), and in the case of Shackler's, there's no download at all - it's on the disc.

If it's made available as an audio file download - officially - it'll be through some other service and has nothing to do with Rock Band. And as some of us have been saying over the past sixty odd pages... that will likely be around the release of the game.

It makes most sense for GNR/Universal to release the song as a single, because yes, the song will be ubiquitous as soon as the game is released, in exactly the way you describe: set to jukebox, output to PC or device, convert to MP3, upload to the internet.

Yeah, I got ya.  I just wanted other people to know that, with RB2, if you've got the right set up, you CAN port the content over to something more personal and portable (I ain't packing up my PS3, TV, and tuner every time I want to listen to Shacklers, for example).  Obviously I-tunes <> RB DLC.  Smiley

But, prior to RB2, to accomplish the same task (moving the song to something more personal and portable) you had to PLAY it, and probably you'd want to play it perfectly so as to get a decent copy of the song.  It looks like it will be MUCH easier with RB2....which, to me, actually adds even MORE "value" to the content.

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1272 on: September 03, 2008, 11:23:56 AM »

Grin

Isn't it cool?

/jarmo

yay 11 days to go! and maybe we're hearing a bit of news from the RB2 party on Saturday.

2 of mine disappeared Angry but this countdown must go on!

and I'm guessing the game shows the lyrics, images and other info for each track.
info like from what album of what year. Grin

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1273 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

Grin

Isn't it cool?

/jarmo

It'd be even cooler if I could convince my wife to let me pick up the xbox 360 version and not wait until the PS3 version comes out.   I'm working on her, but....and she's got a point...we already have RB for PS3, and a TON of downloadable content.  I keep saying: So we get it for BOTH systems. Smiley

She's not buying it so far.

But I am pretty damn psyched to see that we're going to get a new official release.  Been a pretty long time coming.....

Yeah, its the most awsome thing happend since i saw GnR live in Oslo and Denmark.
And the facts that the Trio, ACDC, Metallica and GnR are releaseing new material this fall is pretty awsome. Kinda reminds me abit of the early 90s.
Im not a big fan of the fist two, but there is some nostalgi about it. 11 days.. DAMN!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1274 on: September 03, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

and I'm guessing the game shows the lyrics, images and other info for each track.
info like from what album of what year. Grin

From the jukebox screens I've seen...yes.

It shows song, artist, album artwork, and year of release.

It also plays a "preview" if you click on it....sorta like the way the RB Downloadable Content Store (within the game) works, now.

Lyrics..I'm not sure.  But you can get those by playing the song as a singer...they scroll (like karaoke) across the screen.

Together again,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »

can you change the key of the song like karaok? I don't think so but I'm asking anyway.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1276 on: September 03, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »

can you change the key of the song like karaok? I don't think so but I'm asking anyway.

Nope, not really.

But keep in mind that, if the mechanics are anything like RB, they're not looking for SPECIFIC pitch (at least not at the lower levels...I've never tried to sing on Hard or Expert).  They're looking for a RELATIVE pitch, based on your voice...it's pretty forgiving, to some extent.

Together again,
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »

CHeck this out...

invite to Apple event....

Not just an invite open to all music...

Just...LET's ROCK.....

I'm so hoping it has to do with new ipods combining Guns'  music...

far fetched i know...but still.. Lips Sealed

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/02/apple-event-for-next-tuesday-the-9th/
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1278 on: September 03, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »

check what?

But keep in mind that, if the mechanics are anything like RB, they're not looking for SPECIFIC pitch (at least not at the lower levels...I've never tried to sing on Hard or Expert).  They're looking for a RELATIVE pitch, based on your voice...it's pretty forgiving, to some extent.

so you can't change the key of the whole song like from a minor to c minor but you can jump an octave or two in the middle of the song without losing some marks?  Grin

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #1279 on: September 03, 2008, 12:42:27 PM »

so you can't change the key of the whole song like from a minor to c minor but you can jump an octave or two in the middle of the song without losing some marks?  Grin

Sort of, actually, yeah.

Jumping or plummetting an octave or two would likely not effect you IF they were the "max" high and low parts on the "scale" they show...it's all relative to the "baseline" it determines is your voice.

Have you ever seen an EEG or heart monitor?  That's the closest thing I can think of to describe how they do the lyrics.  They determine a sort of "baseline" in the middle of the song....everything is higher, lower, or AT that.  They're not looking for perfect pitch (again, at least not at the lower difficulties...it might change on Hard or Expert).  The only way I can carry a good tune is if I strap a piano to my back, so I don't try those levels.  But I do GREAT on easy, and pretty good on medium....especially on things like Metallica, Jet, and the like.  So, in essence, you're not CHANGING the key, but you might not be IN key, and still do OK provide you're within range of your "baseline".

It's a fairly simple mechanic in practice that I'm making a LOT more complex in explanation.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: