Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 496886 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1140 on: August 07, 2008, 04:39:24 AM »

we all want Gnr to do this right,
and I agree with the bucketfoot

If they just wait till this game comes out on any of the consoles, before putting the song up on itunes/ radio to get some revenue/exposure
that would be stupid,

I mean the song will most probably leak, and be upped in seconds on youtube and spread like wildfire on the net,

where as, If the gnr camp releases it on itunes towards the end of this month/start of september, it would be a good likely hood that they will  actually be rewarded like they should, and not get done over be a person who leaks it...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1141 on: August 07, 2008, 05:22:51 AM »

If they just wait till this game comes out on any of the consoles, before putting the song up on itunes/ radio to get some revenue/exposure
that would be stupid,

I mean the song will most probably leak, and be upped in seconds on youtube and spread like wildfire on the net,

where as, If the gnr camp releases it on itunes towards the end of this month/start of september, it would be a good likely hood that they will  actually be rewarded like they should, and not get done over be a person who leaks it...

Yeah, but IF the song is an exclusive for the game, then obviously it makes perfect logical sense that you can't put it anywhere else at the time of the game's release.

Often you see certain iTunes exclusives in the iTunes Music Store, so I'm guessing it could be possible that the game has the exclusive rights for the new song. Just like iTunes and other places occasionally get exclusives.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1142 on: August 07, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »

True, but at the same time Jarmo , wouldn't you agree that if the song is just to debut on the game itself,
that it will be leaked at the very latest 1 week and a half -2 weeks before hand

THUS spoiling the debut of the song in the game, and cancelling profits gnr could have made if they sold the song on the itunes site/radio release before hand...

I mean the song will be ripped and uped from the game in a matter of seconds when it is released anyway,
so would that mean perhaps a simultaneous release of shacklers in itunes with rockband2 on the same day?

mabye that would be the best bet...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #1143 on: August 07, 2008, 08:58:53 AM »

I mean the song will be ripped and uped from the game in a matter of seconds when it is released anyway,
so would that mean perhaps a simultaneous release of shacklers in itunes with rockband2 on the same day?

But wouldn't there be some sort of scrambling on the software so it can't be ripped. For example, you can't record The Simpsons off the TV - all you get are white lines across the picture and a muffled sound. Clever!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #1144 on: August 07, 2008, 10:48:35 AM »

But wouldn't there be some sort of scrambling on the software so it can't be ripped.

Once the game is released, it'll be fairly easy to record the AV output of the 360 and upload it to (say) youtube, just like the thousands of Rock Band videos that are up there already. With RB2's jukebox function, you won't even have to "play" the song perfectly. From there it's a quick conversion to MP3 and rapid internet dissemination.

Which is why it makes sense for them to release the song as a downloadable single at or shortly after the release of the game.

It's possible that the song will leak once the game goes gold, but this is not as simple as leaking music from a normal music CD production line. I would imagine, the thief would have to have access to the game in its playable retail form, and play the song from inside the game. I don't know either way, but I suspect the music is not encoded on the disc in any form that could be easily ripped; it's probably in some proprietary format, interlinked with game data.

What I'm saying is, you probably can't just steal the "Shackler's Revenge" data off the disc and convert it into any standard audio file - unless you work at Harmonix and have access to their tools. I would guess, you actually have to play it through the game's interface, which makes stealing it much more difficult than stealing from a typical musical CD production line.

(Console & PC games do sometimes leak in full before they are released, of course; most notorious instance I can remember is when a French language version of Halo 2 leaked a week or so before the retail release.)

Still... even if it does leak, this will only "spoil" it for a couple hundred fans on GNR message boards. Both sides can still use Shackler's Revenge to make a big splash when the game hits shelves.

(Again... I obviously don't know either way, I'm just saying that it does make sense for both parties to wait until the game is released.)

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #1145 on: August 07, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »

LOL...I was thinking...wouldn't it be clever if CDs release date is an advertisement 'reward' for beating the song on the expert level of RockBand 2? Would be another clever way to create a buzz about the forthcoming album while people are getting their first listen of possibly the first single off it.

Just a thought.   Smiley

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1146 on: August 07, 2008, 11:00:51 AM »

everyone talks about profits like they are record industry experts or something. none of us know the details of what is going on behind the scenes.

maybe RB2 is paying more than the label/band could have hoped to make on the song elsewhere. who knows?

and who cares? we're gonna hear a brand new gnr song in a little over a month!  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1147 on: August 08, 2008, 11:55:28 AM »

08/08/08...it'd be a pretty sweet day to annonce something!  ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1148 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »

that would be stupid,

Yeah, but IF the song is an exclusive for the game, then obviously it makes perfect logical sense that you can't put it anywhere else at the time of the game's release.

Often you see certain iTunes exclusives in the iTunes Music Store, so I'm guessing it could be possible that the game has the exclusive rights for the new song. Just like iTunes and other places occasionally get exclusives.

/jarmo

If this was agreed as part of the deal, thats fair enough I guess, but why can't they tell us about it? Whats the big secret? Either it is being released on the same day, shortly afterwards or never. Surely that has to be a fact by now given a contract has been signed between GNR and Harmonix.

(p.s. I'm not asking you Jarmo I'm just saying that its a bit weird we don't know what will happen yet)

I think it makes good commercial sense to have a tie in with the game, it just sucks for those who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a 360, Rockband and the instruments if we're not going to get official access to the track for some time.

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1149 on: August 08, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »

LOL...I was thinking...wouldn't it be clever if CDs release date is an advertisement 'reward' for beating the song on the expert level of RockBand 2? Would be another clever way to create a buzz about the forthcoming album while people are getting their first listen of possibly the first single off it.

Just a thought.   Smiley

After all of these years, I don't think I'd want to hear the release date for the new album from some spotty gamer teenager's blog

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1150 on: August 08, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »

What would have been really cool is if someone had placed a banner at the olympics with the release date on it..even if they did get deported it would have grabbed a lot of media attention

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1151 on: August 08, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

Chinese Olympics  just started now.

numerically sweet. wait till 08:08 am or pm Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: August 08, 2008, 01:39:31 PM »

Honestly, I was kinda hoping for something today too.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1153 on: August 08, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »

Honestly, I was kinda hoping for something today too.

wishful thinking
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #1154 on: August 08, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »

Hi folks!  Been checking this sight for news for a few years and finally felt the urge to jump in to some conversation.

I'm also hoping for some kind of announcement during the olympics, but I think the closing ceremonies would be the best spot.  Would be crazy expensive, but how cool would a commercial be that says something like, "In 2008, the olympic games finally came to China.  On xx-xx-2008, Chinese Democracy comes to you."  Or something like that.

Follow it up with a performance of Shackler's on the VMA's and the hype would be CRAZY.  Probably wishful thinking but fun regardless!!

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1155 on: August 08, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »

Stop dreaming... Or maybe you meant US TV AD after the end of OGames. In no way it is the place for something called "Chinese DEMOCRACY" to be promoted in China, especially at this time. Nevertheless you precised that they were just some fun thoughts  ok

What is sure is 2008's the year to release the album, hope management will surf on the chinese wave. CD would have more publicity than in 2009, refering to human rights / chinese / democracy stuff... things we hear everyday now
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1156 on: August 08, 2008, 10:57:46 PM »

Hi folks!  Been checking this sight for news for a few years and finally felt the urge to jump in to some conversation.

I'm also hoping for some kind of announcement during the olympics, but I think the closing ceremonies would be the best spot.  Would be crazy expensive, but how cool would a commercial be that says something like, "In 2008, the olympic games finally came to China.  On xx-xx-2008, Chinese Democracy comes to you."  Or something like that.

Follow it up with a performance of Shackler's on the VMA's and the hype would be CRAZY.  Probably wishful thinking but fun regardless!!

ahh  no.
thanks for playing, try again Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: August 10, 2008, 03:22:49 PM »

yep it's fun. welcome to the board scans n copies.  beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1158 on: August 10, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »

and hey I just realised that it's only a month ish to Rock band2 release already? Shocked
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1159 on: August 10, 2008, 03:49:01 PM »

pretty close.. I've been trying to think in my head how the song is gonna sound and I bet its gonna be something completly diffrent then what I was thinking.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: